"Best" Jungle Character to learn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amoc

07-30-2012

Stealth necro. How did nobody notice this thread is from March?

XxxLumberJackxxX

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxidieus View Post
Shyvana can counter jungle a ww like a baws
I take exception to this
Just make your ADC or Top gank her with you.

PandaRidingTroll

07-30-2012

Naut is a beast early game and full tank late game

Agrolazer

08-12-2012

WARWICK, WARWICK, WARWICK. All day every day. Blue -> Wolves -> ghosts -> red -> giants with only 1 health pot; even at the very beginning of the game you can sit in the jungle forever.
I've never had a single negative game with jungle Warwick, his life steal is so underrated.

Agrolazer

08-12-2012

Though like others have said, its very much what you need.
In my opinion;

Assassin: shaco. so good he doesn't need a blue leash. Lee Sin as others have gone in depth with.

Tank: rammus. decent sustainability, very effective shield for jungling

Melee/carry: warwick, I usually play attack speed WW.
shyvana, they can both be tanky or dpsy, whichever your team needs.

Ranged/carry: Fiddlesticks. I've never been a fan, but his life drain is great sustainability.
Varus isn't awful, but many others are better, and Varus can most likely be more useful sniping kills in a lane.
I hear Diana is a decent jungler, though i have yet to play her.

I can't think of any support junglers off the top of my head, as jungling kind of ruins the point of a support character.

KillerBeatz33

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrolazer View Post
WARWICK, WARWICK, WARWICK. All day every day. Blue -> Wolves -> ghosts -> red -> giants with only 1 health pot; even at the very beginning of the game you can sit in the jungle forever.
I've never had a single negative game with jungle Warwick, his life steal is so underrated.
Warwick

He is a cheap recommended jungler, and for good reason. His passive and Q grant him tremendous life steal and his W gives him much needed attack speed to quickly clear jungle camps. In addition, W benefits allies attack speed as well, which is huge in taking down turrets. His E gives bonus movement speed and of course his ultimate is one of the best for ganks

If you are looking for a champion that will show you the way of the jungle, as compared to one that is tricky to master in the first place, Warwick is the way to go.

Etherimp

08-12-2012

Right now, Udyr, Lee Sin, Nocturne, Jarvan IV, and Nautalis are all good choices.

Nautalis being good because of his late game tankiness and metric asston of CC.

Udyr, Lee, Nocturne, Jarvan are all Tier 1 junglers which can hang with the best of them.

Mundo is good too, but I wouldn't recommend him for a "new" jungler.

Shyvana is fast, and has good counter-jungling but her ganks are mediocre and her late game is questionable.

Master Yi and Warwick are just... not good. Sorry. They aren't. Warwick is better top lane, and Master Yi is a really situational pick. Any good jungler will poop all over you early game and shut you down before you can become a "hypercarry" like Yi is meant to be.

I can't tell you how many Master Yi's I've made rage quit because I shut down their jungle.

KillerBeatz33

08-12-2012

If this thread is about new junglers, lee shyvnna nocturne all have a large skill curve to begin with. If you are just starting in the jungle, pick someone like nunu or warwick.

Etherimp

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBeatz33 View Post
If this thread is about new junglers, lee shyvnna nocturne all have a large skill curve to begin with. If you are just starting in the jungle, pick someone like nunu or warwick.
An inexperienced jungler playing Warwick will be a burden to his team. Hell, an EXPERIENCED Warwick is starting off with a disadvantage. When you are new to the jungle, do you really want to start with disadvantages?

You might as well learn the higher skill-cap junglers so that all of the "options" of jungling are open to you.

Udyr does NOT have a large learning curve. He's quite an easy jungler and he remains viable through the majority of the game. He is difficult to counter-jungle, can counter-jungle himself, and his ganks are decent. (not great, but not bad.)

While Lee Sin DOES have a higher skill cap, he's probably one of the best junglers to learn... and if you should learn him, you might as well start learning him early.

Qu1K

08-12-2012

Nunu, Udyr, nocturne, and ww are all easy junglers.