Help me pick 1 for each lane plzz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CupoffNoodles

Recruiter

08-11-2012

Which are the best out of the 3
Top: darius, Tanky mundo, wukong
Mid: kennen, akali, teemo
Bot: garen, xin zhao, sion
Jungler: Warwick, lee sin, olaf

Treza

08-11-2012

well of those id say:
wukong is the best top
mid kennen prob is the best of those, i find mid akali really lack luster and teemo really has no place mid since he will generally be bursted down while having little burst to counter it with. against some laners it could work though

now as for your bottom picks, i have no clue where you pulled this malarky from. garen xin and sion are all short ranged champions which for starters means youll be out ranged 99.99% of the time, and youll likely become underfarmed or underlevelled because of it. on top of this, they all need to engage the minions face to face, which means youre slightly further out into the open than a ranged champion even if the minions are halfway between the 2 turrets. meaning youre slightly easier to gank as well. not by a huge amount but it will be noticable.. neither of those champions should go bottom unless something truly bizarre happens or some sort of lane swap occurs.

as far as junglers, it depends entirely what you mean by the best
warwick has some of the best sustain really of any jungler, making him extremely effective and reliable able to solo dragon basically as soon as he has a wriggles and technically doesnt need to build lifesteal to sustain, though he generally will. hes got great ganks at lv 6 and above, but pre 6 and during ult cooldown time, his ganks are a little on the underwhelming side. not horrible just underwhelming. lee sin has the better utility of the 3 and the best ganks and probably the best clear times, but not quite as good sustain as warwick. olaf is probably the worst of the 3 but that doesnt necessarily mean hes a bad pick to jungle with or any worse than the other 2 in general

CupoffNoodles

Recruiter

08-11-2012

Well IF I were to bot with one of those champs which would be better?

TeknoWizard

08-11-2012

None. They're all pretty much equally bad. I suppose I'd say Xin.

AlphariusRising

08-11-2012

"Best" isn't a thing in league of legends.

Also, you listed 3 bruisers in "bot"
If you try and go bot with a bruiser you will get trolled and *****ed at. You can really only get away with it in premades when people understand what you're trying to do and you have good communication with your lane partner.

Treza

08-11-2012

xin xhao to help feed your lane kills because of his cc, gap closer and just overall killing potential. i still wouldnt advise it unless you had really coordinated play with someone who is really good with a ranged ad champion. it would be beneficial if the ad had good range so as to help offset your short ranged disadvantage and the lack of support in the way of heals and shields, someone like caitlyn or tristana

ive actually had a xin come bottom with me once before when i was playing carry kayle, so being able to somewhat support him and myself, me and xin essentially demolished what ended up being a brutal kill lane. (my ranged slow plus his gap closer and knockup and kayles strong early autoattack damage really punished the enemy lane who may or may not have been a little inexperienced) but i played a pretty good kayle and he played his role as support xin flawlessly. kayle is also in a unique situation that she is a support who can also be a ranged carry though. this was before the xin and kayle buffs too which is somewhat scary

a good thing about having a support who is a bruiser-ish character is that your team will scale great into late game damage wise

AlphariusRising

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treza View Post
xin xhao to help feed your lane kills because of his cc, gap closer and just overall killing potential. i still wouldnt advise it unless you had really coordinated play with someone who is really good with a ranged ad champion. it would be beneficial if the ad had good range so as to help offset your short ranged disadvantage and the lack of support in the way of heals and shields, someone like caitlyn or tristana
From Xin you can get a knock-up if they let you autoattack them three times. He then does mediocre damage in teamfights because he needs items to do damage.

From Alistar you can get an easy knockup whenever you want, followed by a knock back into wherever you want, + heals, and later you have a super strong tank with minimal items.

From Leona you have, like, infinite CC, and her passive means you get to do more damage when you follow up on that CC. In teamfights you have a tank and a rockin' AOE CC + Stuns and Snares galore.

From Janna you have an easier knockup, a slow, and a shield that makes you deal more damage, and in teamfights you have those same things, + an AOE knockback and heal if you need to hit the reset button on a teamfight.

Why would you choose support Xin?

Quote:
a good thing about having a support who is a bruiser-ish character is that your team will scale great into late game damage wise
The opposite is true. Bruisers fall off as it is, and without items Xin can't do half the damage he needs to, and he'll probably be super squishy, or if he builds tanky, he will be an annoyance in teamfights at best.

This is unless you get fed. If you get fed you can get away with anything.

Treza

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
Why would you choose support Xin?
This is unless you get fed. If you get fed you can get away with anything.
i didnt choose support xin, it was just a normal game with randoms and its just what happened, sometimes you get unorthodox lineups.. and xin got fed along with me on kayle, their bot lane flopped in the face of our lv 2 killing potential (lv 2 kayle is scary) im pretty sure we were both 5+/0 at like 15 minutes in, and we were splitting the cs due to lack of coordination and/or experience. but long story short fed xin and fed kayle /game and given the opportunity i would roll with that setup again, it was so successful. but like i said it could have easily just been a poorly played enemy lane

and i see what youre saying about alistar and janna, but a well placed kayle ult can be just as devastating as both of those easily. ive lost games and won games on the back of kayles ult its one of the best in the game in my opinion

AlphariusRising

08-11-2012

Quote:
and i see what youre saying about alistar and janna, but a well placed kayle ult can be just as devastating as both of those easily. ive lost games and won games on the back of kayles ult its one of the best in the game in my opinion
Im not arguing against Kayle being good, kayle is amazing and AFAIK the only champion that can fulfill basically all the roles in the game. I'm arguing about Xin being a good support.

The problem is, if that enemy team has been at all decent, they could have easily beaten you, not because their killing power is better, but because that Xin would fall off, and if you split CS, you would both be underfarmed if they didn't feed you. Kayle has a strong escape, but Xin doesn't, and since Kayle pushes a lane hard, and if you're fighting for CS xin is going to be pushing too, a jungler gank would have given them easy early game advantage.

Your kill potential would have been identical, if not better, with an Alistar, since level 2 is all he needs as well. If you get a Q off and he's near the enemy that's an easy kill right there, since he knocks up, and knocks towards you, you basically get to autoattack and autoattack and autoattack forever. And he's not fighting you for CS, can feed you all the kills, and still scale perfectly into late game.

I mean, Evelynn/Teemo could work for a lane if the enemy rolls up and feeds them kills and then lets them free farm, and doesn't gank when they push the tower the entire time.