New ELO point system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King of Sin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTangerine View Post
The ELO you get per assist should have to to with how many kills you have.
eg: a guy with 7 kills and 0 assists gets .2 elo for an assists
while a guy with 1 kill and 8 assists gets .55 elo for an assist
It encourages players to use their role efficiently.
The problem is getting the ratio for the elo per K/A ratio correct. That is not very easy. but good concept and i will see what i can do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King of Sin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natneyi View Post
I like the idea, that someone who did very well, even on a losing team, will not be punished as much as someone who trolled and fed. However, I'm not sure about the difference between the top winner and the top loser being only 11 elo. I guess I feel that a loss should still cause you to lose elo, but maybe people who do very well lose only 1 or 2 points, while those who feed lose the full 16.
Good idea, i will change the system a little to accommodate. Thank you for the feed back


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King of Sin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRowe View Post
all this does is encourage players to farm more after they have already won
False, it has a cap. If you keep farming past the cap, what is the point except wasting time to be a jerk? Also minions will push to win either way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Is Whoa

Senior Member

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Not a bad idea but the problem would be that with trolls on a team they pull you into bad positions and get you killed before you can realize they are trolls. Meaning your losing even more elo because of the troll.

I do like the idea. I think it would make ppl more prone to surrender when getting roflstompped because they wouldnt want to lose anymore elo than they already have. I love that because there is nothing more annoying than playing a game your going to lose and getting yelled at for afk in spawn because you wont solo defend an inhibitor against a full hp team.

I have since rethought the issue and do not agree. The Elo system was made by a man much smarter than you decades ago. It has been working flawlessly since then. The problem ppl have is they are selfish. The Elo system is made for chess a 1v1 game. The system sees teams as one entity. It is implemented for team que not solo. So when a team fails you fail. You are part of a team if you don't see it that way stop playing solo queues. The Elo system is good and needs no changing. Get a team and use that as your true elo. Or dont complain and think in team concepts not individual.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nesious

Senior Member

08-11-2012

People try to improve upon a system so much, but the simplicity of the system is what makes it work. The more complex something is, the more room for errors or imbalance. Gaining Elo from your performance seems good when you think about, but there are numerous things that could happen that make a player get something they do not deserve, good or bad. For Example, a system revolving around getting Elo for kills, CS, and less deaths makes everyone play selfishly. Why the heck would I sacrifice myself for you so you can get a double? I get more Elo if I let you die and take the kills myself. The system works now because it doesn't matter your personal performance in game, but your teams. The system is meant for 1v1 chess, so symbolically your team should be 1, united. If you lose, you lose together, if you win, you win together. The game is a 1v1 match, if you will. (non-symbollically, basically your team is 1 entity, because 1v1 chess has 2 sides, the Elo system is only 2 sided.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King of Sin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
I have since rethought the issue and do not agree. The Elo system was made by a man much smarter than you decades ago. It has been working flawlessly since then. The problem ppl have is they are selfish. The Elo system is made for chess a 1v1 game. The system sees teams as one entity. It is implemented for team que not solo. So when a team fails you fail. You are part of a team if you don't see it that way stop playing solo queues. The Elo system is good and needs no changing. Get a team and use that as your true elo. Or dont complain and think in team concepts not individual.

Well I disagree, which is why this post is here. While yes a loss is a loss and you are partially to blame for the loss. There is only so much you can do when bad players, afkers, and trolls populate 3/5 on your team. Example i went 14-8-12 on katarina, The ezreal on our team went 17-10-9 out of 34 kills he and i had 31. So when that happens, i feel we were doing everything we can. BUT WE STILL LOST. Do you think we should suffer when we literally could not carry Jax, graves, and taric. If you do, please tell me why i had to fight 5 competent enemies and only had 1 competent ally... Honestly a team game requires 5 v 5 intelligent people on both sides. When it is 5v2.75.... not so much a team game. It is a SLAUGHTER. i feel that Ezreal and I should not have suffered because players don't understand how to play. Also when it comes to que, you can only have 2 players not a team entity que. This means that i chose the people i am playing with, fully aware of their abilities and skills. this NOT BEING THE CASE i would wonder why the team should be counted as a whole? This system is meant for solo que, not 5v5 match making or 3v3 match making. Oh and thanks for calling me stupid to start off your post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King of Sin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesious View Post
People try to improve upon a system so much, but the simplicity of the system is what makes it work. The more complex something is, the more room for errors or imbalance. Gaining Elo from your performance seems good when you think about, but there are numerous things that could happen that make a player get something they do not deserve, good or bad. For Example, a system revolving around getting Elo for kills, CS, and less deaths makes everyone play selfishly. Why the heck would I sacrifice myself for you so you can get a double? I get more Elo if I let you die and take the kills myself. The system works now because it doesn't matter your personal performance in game, but your teams. The system is meant for 1v1 chess, so symbolically your team should be 1, united. If you lose, you lose together, if you win, you win together. The game is a 1v1 match, if you will. (non-symbollically, basically your team is 1 entity, because 1v1 chess has 2 sides, the Elo system is only 2 sided.)
If you let them die, you may not get the kills. While i agree though, A complex system makes it harder and easier to abuse, it also will root out the bad more quickly. Also why does everyone relate it to chess? I don't play chess with 5 people thinking as 1 and play against 5 people. That is a terrible representation. I would rather compare it to 5 INDIVIDUALS playing a video games with 5 other INDIVIDUALS. Please don't even bring in CS to this either. I DIDNT INCLUDE CS FOR A REASON. if you didn't read the system DONT COMMENT.......


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenRyan

Senior Member

08-17-2012

I didn't like the frag's reward part... Frag doesn't mean what you have done in game (except the trolls 0/8). But your new ELO system it's much better than actual.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gentle08

Senior Member

08-17-2012

tier 7 is retarded, You're punishing people for wanting to play a new game, after the won they are in is lost.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King of Sin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle08 View Post
tier 7 is retarded, You're punishing people for wanting to play a new game, after the won they are in is lost.
I went (50 minute long game) into a losing game as ahri, declined every surrender vote, TURNED IT AROUND AT 40 AND WON. So yea i think if you are just gunna give up losing 1 Elo is not that big of a price.