Running Garen Numbers on PBE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodofBunnies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashiroth View Post
Kayle is weak?

She can destroy just about any melee champ in lane
that is after they gave her a buff after the rework

Rythless

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Judgment's base damage should be on-par or stronger depending on base damage. It's true that he has to worry about the opponent having counterplay - but the actual damage of Judgment only decreases when you build full-on AD.

While Infinity Edge isn't doable on level 9 - Ghostblade will be.
Are you trolling? I swear your solutions are nothing more than pure conjecture without actually having any real game experience with Garen and top lane. You just nerfed his biggest advantage which is early game and your solution is to rush a Ghostblade!?

Just stop, you're honestly embarrassing yourself at this point.

GodofBunnies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

guys if u dont agree with what riot doing, speak with ur vote (yes = buy more rp, no = buy less rp) simple as that. they will listen more when the guys at the finance department trolling them everyday. troll power

Xypherous

Systems Designer

08-11-2012
7 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
typical late game garen bonus ad:
80 (IE) + 50 (atmog) + 25(brutalizer) + 25 (hex drinker ) => approximately 180 bonus AD.

so you guys nerf his e after all
With that build, his damage would be increased with 'E' - because the skill scales much better off of your critical strike stat than it did before due to the 43% critical strike chance you have.

180 Bonus AD * 1.4 AD Ratio = 252 Bonus Damage.
180 Bonus AD + 119 Base Damage * 1.1 AD Ratio = 328 Damage in the Ratio.

Essentially, Garen's E previously would add critical strike damage to the 252 - However, in the new one, it would add critical strike damage to the 328 in this case - which means the benefit that you're getting from critical strike is what's scaling the ability late game (with that build specifically.)

Quote:
Are you trolling? I swear your solutions are nothing more than pure conjecture without actually having any real game experience with Garen and top lane. You just nerfed his biggest advantage which is early game and your solution is to rush a Ghostblade!?
Early game Brutalizer effectiveness is down - but since his Judgment has marginally greater base damage - the optimization here is to swap out flat AD for penetration. Granted, Chain Vest counters you pretty hard at that stage (but it would for both the flat AD build or the penetration build) but since Critical Strike is no longer a wasted stat due to the fact that Q now crits and E's effective multiplier from critical strikes are greatly magnified - the vast majority of ghostblade stats are relevant to you. (Okay, the attack speed on the active still sucks for you. That's just Ghostblade's problem.)

Noraver

08-11-2012

Xypherous, listen up. It's not that difficult to satisfy Garen players.
REVERT these changes.
Make a suggestion thread, JUST like they did for Viktor and how he can be improved.
ASK THE COMMUNITY!!!
Make a thread just like the one Solcrushed made:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2428990

People with real experience like myself would LOVE to suggest buffs, just like I did on the front page.
This is simply not the right way to go with Garen.

Edit: Downvotes because I make a suggestion to fix him, just like they did with Viktor? GD children attempting to troll.

Loveshockk

08-11-2012

I wish I wasn't about to watch Serenity for the first time or I would probably be crunching some numbers on this topic, but at this point all I can do is comment on this epicness of the discussion.

ZephyrDrake

08-11-2012

people are really complaining about this? he's still on PBE, aka they are still testing him out. If really turns out to be as bad as you're making him be they'll tweak his numbers around a bit. You're all acting like its 100% certain they'll release him in the current state he's in PBE

MarkedRaptor

08-11-2012

I actually play Garen in ranked(64% win rate, Per game averages 7, 3, 5, current rating 1900+ not bragging) and find a good amount of success with him. If these changes go through i'm pretty sure I won't even touch him and he'll be the new old eve.

Karn Bishop

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
Add if you assume the same amount of crits on E, Judgement is still buffed because it now applies

100% Total AD on crit instead of 75% Bonus AD on crits.
Which loops back into my swain should probably loan Garen his cane argument, what good is damage if you no longer have a way to apply it? it's like having a bottle of salt water when you are dying of thirst, in theory it looks delicious but in actuality it will kill you faster.

CLG HotdogGG

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshockk View Post
I wish I wasn't about to watch Serenity for the first time or I would probably be crunching some numbers on this topic, but at this point all I can do is comment on this epicness of the discussion.
Good movie, good series.

Enjoy.