Ask Diana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Lunari

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Bot View Post
Dear Diana,

If I drained your blood, would I gain your powers? Being magically linked to the moon would be very beneficial in my line of work.

Sincerely, Evelynn
The Moon's influence does not simply run through my veins. It lives within me and beyond me. Faith is a necessity one cannot ignore, as it will not bow to anyone in servitude. Not even I can claim that I hold the Moon in my hands, even if I was Chosen to bring forth the messages it cannot speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Nurse Akali View Post
I am most curious as to how the balance between the sun and the moon was thrown asunder. Would you happen to be able to shed light on the initiation of hostilities between the Solari and the Lunari?
The Solari and Lunari (moon-worshippers, as they were tastefully called) once co-existed. The Solari were the protectors and the warriors, and they praised the new day as it came. The leaders. The Lunari themselves were messengers, spreading the faith and the beliefs of the equilibrium. Shields were not made for them. The Moon was the Voice, and the Sun was the weapon. But perhaps, for too long the Lunari have hidden their gaze beneath the peak of Mount Targon. Perhaps they were condemned as heretics because they were tired of being the beasts of burden for the Solari who only sang their praise to the Sun. The belief that one did not need the other grew and festered when finally, that realization was played into the art of war and mayhem.

What I can say for certain is that one way or another, the Lunari were betrayed. The dominance of the Solari was richly ground into the soil, and at a time where the Moon least expected it, the treacherous Sun lashed out in full force.

I intend to confront any living Solari elder who was not present during my supposed execution about this, so I will refrain from stating explicitly where or why the rift began. But I will say this: once it did, there was no stopping the slaughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
Is the moon really made of cheese? Does that mean you worship a big cheese ball in the sky?
((Diana refrains from stomping on the sapling.))

If the moon was made of cheese, then it would have already been melted from the Sun's obnoxious heat.

Ask the Lunari

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskKarthus View Post
Karthus chuckles.
You have no idea of what I lived through or my age, and you make a comment like that? You truly are childish and ignorant.

Your response is interesting, I assume you mean to say it came naturally. Though the sun may set, is it not true that the moon does so as well? Does the sun not shine bright and support life? Is the night not a place where criminals and predators lurk? You should think things through more carefully before you level blind hatred. You have been blinded in a metaphorical sense by your reverence of the moon. As Kassadin says, balance above all else.
I was not reprimanding you, lich. I was informing you that no matter how old or how young you are, once innocence is lost, you can no longer be called the same, pure child you once was.

I thought it was implied, but I suppose I should be more blunt next time. While I was born knowing that my place was beneath the Moon, the Elders forced upon me the idea that it was not. The sun may support life, but it can also take it away; as if living is an honor only reserved for those who revere it as the higher power. The sun can dry up water and leave its people panting for reprieve. Why then, should it be praised for giving, when it can so easily take?

The night is to the Moon as the day is to the Sun - the Moon can shine on murderers and rabid beasts, exposing them to the world. But the world does not listen, does it? That is why I am here. To banish ignorant thoughts like yours and to offer people a truth devoid of blinding lies.

But coming from one who does not even seem to have a purpose, I see no reason to cement my faith just for your pleasure. If you wish to argue, then so be it - but I am not here to act as a statue for your insults, and nor will I entertain your snide comments anymore than necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Bott View Post
A card slid under Diana's door

Diana

I know you have a deep hatred for the Solari..

But if you could please set that aside for a while.. If you could meet me somewhere, I would like to speak with you..

- Leona
Set aside the very fact that they attempted to cut off my head simply because I revered something different? History repeats itself, but this time, the Moon's power cannot be cleansed from this world. Though perhaps you are willing to accept that the Sun does not embody the power, but that the night holds all that we need?

Regardless, I will speak with you.. but I will promise nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask chemist View Post
Had any fun chasing me?
Now that I have taunted you as per tradition on a more pertinent question, on the fields of justice what is the most mind numbingly stupid thing that the summonses had make you do?
It is no difficult feat to catch up to you, no matter how fast you run. The night will always follow.

There are few that I can think of that are 'mind numbing'. Apart from being unable to direct my abilities in the proper direction, or forcing me to confront the enemy team without any allies present.. there have been times where the Summoner has neglected to use the additional 'Smite' spell some of us are given, allowing our foes to fully bathe in the benefits of Baron Nashor.

Ask A Treant

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
((Diana refrains from stomping on the sapling.))

If the moon was made of cheese, then it would have already been melted from the Sun's obnoxious heat.
The sapling stares up at the Lunari. Even if she were to stomp on it, it would just explode when threatened. It quickly scribbles down a second sign.

So what is the moon made of then, miss Lunari? If the sun is obnoxious heat, does that make the moon like a cold, shriveled black heart?

Ask the Lunari

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
The sapling stares up at the Lunari. Even if she were to stomp on it, it would just explode when threatened. It quickly scribbles down a second sign.

So what is the moon made of then, miss Lunari? If the sun is obnoxious heat, does that make the moon like a cold, shriveled black heart?
((How can its stubby arms even hold a pencil or anything D: ))

If anything, the Sun hides its corrupt heart beneath its 'comforting' warmth. The Moon is not unkind, but understanding. The Sun would not hesitate to drain the water from your very roots if it so pleased. As I have already said, the Sun can take whatever it pleases but all the Moon wants is to be understood and heard.

Nwol

08-10-2012

((*Feels sad because he got ignored*))

XUnnervedX

08-10-2012

hiiii diana do you hate sun it self? i realize your power and is opposite of leona...do you hate her? if there no sun theres no moonlight...moonlight shine because of the sun

Ask the Lunari

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
((*Feels sad because he got ignored*))
((Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. > < I just skimmed through a lot of stuff because there was some OOC stuff.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
I understand that you murdered those who would seek your execution after being persecuted for your beliefs? Do you find what you're going to do in kind as just as hypocritical as what they did to you Diana?

-Tekun Valos
Sacrifices must be made. Just as they murdered my people a long time ago, they were going to do it once again. But my resolve has left me wanting nothing more but to serve the Moon. While some may say it is hypocritical, it is nature itself to wipe out those who are blinded by the false light. The Elders have already spread too much corruption, and those who believe in them will continue the cycle.

Thus, eradication is imminent. It is for the good of all, if I can bring upon them the truth and serenity the Moon can offer.

Unmasked Angel

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post

Set aside the very fact that they attempted to cut off my head simply because I revered something different? History repeats itself, but this time, the Moon's power cannot be cleansed from this world. Though perhaps you are willing to accept that the Sun does not embody the power, but that the night holds all that we need?

Regardless, I will speak with you.. but I will promise nothing.
((Meet me here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post28102525))

Ask the Lunari

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUnnervedX View Post
hiiii diana do you hate sun it self? i realize your power and is opposite of leona...do you hate her? if there no sun theres no moonlight...moonlight shine because of the sun
I hate all it symbolizes, and what its people have put me through.

My feelings for Leona cannot be simplified by just that word. If she would just listen and understand, then perhaps things could be.. different. But as it stands now, I cannot let the past get in the way. If she will not listen to reason, then there can be no salvation.

But the night is absolute. The Sun shares is light and expects to be rewarded for its duties - Leona serves the Sun, not the other way around. The Moon may shine from the Sun, but it is never completely gone. Its watchful gaze will still be with us, while the Sun sets and fades from memory.

Ask the Herald

08-10-2012

Scorn of the Moon,

While I don't have any interest in your "faith" or whatever beliefs you may hold, I believe your prowess on the Fields makes you a most chillingly dangerous adversary. I always look forward to testing my inventions under rapidly changing variables, and your lunar might has provided me with a new set of data that will undoubtedly help me in improving my hextech designs. What do you think of techmaturgy?

Also, I have an inquiry of you on a personal level:

Would you consider allowing me examine your form so that I may ascertain a basic understanding of your physiological condition?

- Viktor, the Machine Herald