Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kicks

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
if you don't think you can jungle, just don't do it. laning with smite is better if you're not experienced. and ashe isn't great because she has no escapes and is very squishy.
Hey thanks for the advice!

I will follow it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
why'd you post 6 times
Because there were 6 different questions since I last answered...?

Edit: There were 7 but you answered one*

IGotCareless2

08-10-2012

So I looked into XP gains. With a Zilean on the team, two champions killing the Rabid Wolf buff camp at level 1 will gain enough XP to both hit level 2 right away. Is this something worth considering doing, or is it too difficult? (This only works since the Hecarim patch buffed the exp gains shared by 2 people.)

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotCareless2 View Post
So I looked into XP gains. With a Zilean on the team, two champions killing the Rabid Wolf buff camp at level 1 will gain enough XP to both hit level 2 right away. Is this something worth considering doing, or is it too difficult? (This only works since the Hecarim patch buffed the exp gains shared by 2 people.)
If Zilean leashed it with a tomb bomb and they could down it without taking too much damge, then possibly.

However that would be really difficult.

Even if everyone was still at full life after it (which would require a leash to be possible), and even at level 2, you're missing out on a lot of gold and xp in lane.

I was talking to my friend Blue Lambency (Power Beasts Forever), and his early game strategy was to clear the entire top jungle level 1. They can do this pretty quick and they do develop a very slight level advantage. Not only that, but their lane is pushed slightly. But *only* when they get back to lane. I pointed out to them that the time it takes to go heal / run to lane is so significant for the other team that Blue and his teammates were actually behind on gold and xp as a team.

Ashno

08-11-2012

You played TT yesterday D: liar

Eryn

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashno View Post
You played TT yesterday D: liar
What..?

Ashno

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
What..?
nevermind i can't read

3Courage3

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
Poppy is incredibly tanky thanks to her passive, great at diving, and actually has good damge. She's really good.

Jayce does great damage, has amazing harass, decent CC, and his speed boost is incredibly op. Really good.

Trundle makes the tanky bruisers of the Treeline no longer tanky, not only that, but he actually does a ton of damage. If you play him well he's good.

Lux has great range and good CC. However she is very squishy. You have to be really good with her for her to work well.

Trundle jungle, Lux solo bot. I don't know how to build Trundle, however, I'd build Lux:

Rod of Ages - Lich Bane - Zhonya's - Rabadon's
Thank yooooou . I noticed Lux's squishiness was a problem, and if you miss her snare.. well.. you're pretty much dead, so I see how RoA would possibly fix that. I played Trundle in lane, but I never really thought of TT jungle being viable. Time to try it. Umm, One last question though. What would be a typical early game item build for Jayce?

Rexagah

08-11-2012

Hey, my family and I are trying to just recreationally do some 3v3 ranked and are looking for good team makeups. Is there anything you recommend for a group that hates jungle. I say that because they will make me jungle and I hate it as I am terrible at it no matter how much I try to get good with it. We are just looking for better team makeups. The characters I am decent with are Garen, Udyr, Vladimir and Sion. My nephew and his friend are a lot more flexible and have a larger range of characters to choose from. What are your suggestions for team makeup for the other two if I use any one of the four I listed for myself? Or do you think I should use a different character? The reason I ask is that we keep getting into games and find we just don't have that much CC and the other team can have an overwhelming amount. We are looking for a team that has a good amount of cc, can take some damage while also dishing it out. Any specific suggestions would be greatly appreciated

lodinragnarok

08-11-2012

i think the AD should be bot i like cait for tower harass and she gets free wards for the 2 bushes. who would you suggest?

Also i like AP top with low mana needs since there is no blue buff - Cass sucks and anivia as well - TF kass are what i like run in top lane. agree?

jungler i like mobility and wall jumps - shaco is great imo but i like Lee, shen, blitz for the jungle/ganker.

the role of "jungler" is just to have high mobility and tankyness and CC. bot pushes tower and topcountrolls dragon and farms. how far off am i?