Soraka build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RyuuKitten

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctopusDropkick View Post
Start with Meki Pendant. Upgrade to Fiendish Codex.

Now pick up some boots.

Why don't you get mana manipulator early on? Because it's not needed that early game. The aura effect is useful when the game starts to approach the later stages, where grouping up for extended periods of time take place.

So after these two items, then you can start working on Giants belt first and finally Soul Shroud. You'll have pretty good mana regen for yourself along with 25% ability reduction speed.

I usually then go Rylai's Scepter and or Aegis of the Legion, the order is up to the situation at hand.

You'll be pretty tanky with a high HP pool, 25% ability reduction speed, and a nice pool of AP.
I don't like codex; also manip is great - it lets your lane partner harass so much better.

Rylai's I like on AP soraka.

@How you afford - You usually don't. But if oyu manage to get every item, that's what you would go with. I usually end games with Locket/Treads/Aegis and maybe a giant's belt towards soul shroud.

OctopusDropkick

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujinx View Post
I don't like codex; also manip is great - it lets your lane partner harass so much better.

Rylai's I like on AP soraka.

@How you afford - You usually don't. But if oyu manage to get every item, that's what you would go with. I usually end games with Locket/Treads/Aegis and maybe a giant's belt towards soul shroud.
You build Soraka according to the situation, but her natural mana generating ability skill is enough to keep one other person prep'd and ready. The mana manipulation aura is best utilized mid to late game when it's effecting more than just one person.

Also I usually am able to buy all of this stuff just fine, Soraka farms pretty hard with Starfall and I tend to finish the game with the highest assist count. In fact, I just finished a game vs Guinsoo's team in which I picked up Soul Shroud, Rylai's Scepter, Ninja Tabi, Nashor's Tooth, and Banshee's Veil.

I had a huge amount of HP, modest amount of MP, a good amount of mana regen, a good amount of AP, and 40% cooldown reduction. I could spam Starfall and lower magic resist pretty rapidly.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2009

It's... StarCall. With a C.
And I agree with Octopus--if you're getting Mana Manip at all, wait until mid game. It's rather useless before then. And even mid game, it's only 7mana/5. That's 84 mana per min, or 1 extra spell per min. Really not worth it unless the entire team stack it.

RyuuKitten

11-15-2009

Except that Manipulator builds into Locket or Shroud; which is not insignificant. The same could be said about Maki pendent as far as it's actual regen goes on it's "only one extra spell per minute"

Foreshadowed

11-16-2009

Starter: Dorans/Mana Munipulator
2)Boots/Catalyst/ Aegis items
3)Merc treads/Aegis
4)Locket/Banshee Veil
5)Guardian's Angel
6)Abysall Scepter

Labomba

11-16-2009

I usually get Rod of Ages at some point too.

Zekk

11-16-2009

I start with mana manipulator. From there I pick up Locket, Mercury treads, soul shroud, tear of the goddess, aegis, frozen heart, then either build an Archangel Staff or sell the tear and get a Rylai's. Most of the time the game ends when I get to the aegis.

kalris

11-16-2009

What kind of runes help push Soraka into being even better team support? I usually run with getting a locket, soulshroud, mercury treads, legion, archangel staff, abyssal scepter or rylais scepter if the added aoe snare would be helpful for the team.

I was thinking cooldown reduction, ability power and mana regen.

Labomba

11-16-2009

Definitely cooldown reduction runes. mp5 is also a decent choice. Depending on your mastery build, MR or MS could be viable also.

Logo

11-16-2009

As a general rule I like..

Mana Crystal + Potions Start
*Chalice (if high enemy magic damage)
Crystal -> Catalyst
Boots -> Treads/Tabi

Then either...
Catalyst -> Locket (Low enemy team burst damage)
Aegis (High enemy team burst damage)

Then the other.

Afterwards you can pick and choose on situation...

High Magic Damage:
*You can also pick up chalice here if you didn't before
Banshee's Viel
Optionally: Glacial Shroud (for CD reduction or against a balanced team)

High Physical Damage:
Warden's Mail (if being focused)
Glacial Heart (if teammates being focused)

Then Guardian's Angel and possibly soul Shroud or save a last slot for elixirs + wards.

Armor > HP on Soraka... Since you have plenty of heals at your disposal armor will get you a lot of bang for your buck. You can't neglect hp but you don't need 4k or even 3k, having high armor will get you a ton of survivability. But be ready to react to a team heavy with void staffs and armor penetration.

Soraka scales kinda poorly with AP so its best to just focus on being tanky and providing useful auras to your team.

Skill build is Q-W-Q-E-Q-R-E... Max Q then E then W taking Ult at 11 and 16. You might want a 3rd level of E earlier if you didn't get chalice.

Most IMPORTANT is you should be getting golem buff at level 1 with help from your teammates. This is game changing for Soraka and no one else deserves your level 1 golem as much as her.

Recap list of my potentially key items:
Aegis of the Legion
Chalice
Tabis
Treads
Catalyst/Banshee's Viel
Locket
Glacial Shroud/Frozen Heart
Guardian Angel