Published my Fiddlesticks guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Slaydis, it's understandable that you have spent a considerable amount of time on your guide, and you probably harbour some pride for it. However, if people consider it to be...... less-than-optimal and not-so-good, maybe you should swallow some of that pride, and instead consider that MAYBE, just maybe, what you've done might not be good, and done wrong?

Slaydis

08-09-2012

Well, 3 or 4 people out of thousands saying my guide is bad, doesnt conern me to rethink it, especially as i know that it is working. If you would say "The guide is not bad, but this idea works too or even better",
than i would rethink it. But you just talk and vote it down. I would like to hear "Hey i tried your build but it doesnt work for me, what am i doing wrong?"
However, you havent tried it out. This here is just theoretical talking.
HOW THE **** it is possible that it works for me, but it is sooo bad? Can you explain that?

I wanna add something here what you wrote to my guide:

Quote:
Much effort put into this, very decent. However, you might want to rethink your item choices/builds a bit - RoA/WoTA for sustain is simply unnecessary when your drain already keeps you in lane/in jungle indefinitely.
and my answer to that:

Quote:

Quoted:

Much effort put into this, very decent. However, you might want to rethink your item choices/builds a bit - RoA/WoTA for sustain is simply unnecessary when your drain already keeps you in lane/in jungle indefinitely.

1st: Thank you a lot for downvoting my guide before you gave me the chance to explain why i chose that patch.

2nd: You obviously have NOT read my guide. Because, i dont max drain 1st, therefor i need the sustain. AND, you need the sustain in teamfights not really in laning. I explained that here:

Quoted:
You need some survivability as you will ult in the middle of the enemy team.
If I know that my mid-lane can't harm me that much, I go for Blasting Wand first. If I need more HP I go for Catalyst the Protector first.

This is a guide, not a cooking receipt, therefor some things are flexible others not. I am open to imput what can be improved. However, i am not open to trollvotes who:

Criticize without alternatives and to people that say that WOTA is bad on Fiddlesticks. I don't say it is a MUST. You can take something else, but this is the way i figured out to be best on me.
A real bad Item on Fiddlesticks is Phantom Dancer for example, that is something real bad and worth a downvote.

Slaydis-

Judas Priest

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaydis View Post
Can you explain that why CDR is a must on Fiddle?

What distinguishes Fiddle from other Casters that he needs it, cause i dont need it beyond the masteries, either in laning nor in Teamfights. At mid game or late game, my ult is always ready. It is hardly on CD. Watch the video after the spotlight in my guide and look at the time and the kills, it is hardly possible to force more fights and therefor a CDR.
On the othe rhand, Fiddle doesnt need much mana if you follow my guide, however, i would run out of it if i would spam my spells a lot, so y CDR?

I would like to here why u think it is good, i will maybe give it a try.

Slaydis-
I use mana regen runes and masteries, so I can spam a lot of spells after level 6. The CDR makes it possible to concatenate one drain after the other in early levels. It's great for jungling, solo dragon and to fight DPS champions like Master Yi. I like to get my CDR from DFG because its active provides a 25% HP reduction (or more), which is awesome as a starter, like DFG >> Fear >> Drain >> Drain >> Fear >> Drain. And above all, a CDR is very significant for abilities that have long cooldowns, like Crowstorm.

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Quote:
Well, 3 or 4 people out of thousands saying my guide is bad, doesnt conern me to rethink it, especially as i know that it is working. If you would say "The guide is not bad, but this idea works too or even better",
than i would rethink it. But you just talk and vote it down. I would like to hear "Hey i tried your build but it doesnt work for me, what am i doing wrong?"
Why so angry that I downvoted? The downvote option is there if I don't like your guide. It doesn't matter on the depth of how much I dislike it for whatever reason, but if people don't like it, it gets downvoted. What makes you think I, or any other person, would be so patient as to try out every single aspect of your guide before voting? First impressions mean a lot in this world.

3-4 people? Yes, 3-4 people say your guide is bad. Where are the other thousands of people who you claim like your guide? What makes you think your guide should receive the benefit of the doubt when voting UP or DOWN?

Slaydis

08-09-2012

I dont like Brand at all, but that doesnt mean that i either downvote all guides of him, nor that i think that Brand is a bad champ.
IMO a downvote should be linked with an idea that doesnt work, not with the fact that you dont like it. If you dont like it, than simple dont vote.

I tell you somthing buddy: You write a guide! Just to see how much effort it takes to make it look good. A plain text is easy. But try out to gain that experience with a champion and then try making a good-looking guide with the BBCoding.
If you have done it, then we will talk again when to up-or downvote a guide. Of course it is up to you, downvote whatever you like, i dont take it personally. Downvoting so easily a guide without a good explanation why another idea is much better is something i cant take serious.

Quote:
3-4 people? Yes, 3-4 people say your guide is bad. Where are the other thousands of people who you claim like your guide? What makes you think your guide should receive the benefit of the doubt when voting UP or DOWN?
It is very important to get Upvotes in the beginning. If you get 5 downvotes at the start. Nobody will read your guide. So the first few upvotes are not that important to distinquish between a good guide and a bad one, it is more important to climb up the ladder to make it more popular.

Slaydis

08-09-2012

Quote:
I use mana regen runes and masteries, so I can spam a lot of spells after level 6. The CDR makes it possible to concatenate one drain after the other in early levels. It's great for jungling, solo dragon and to fight DPS champions like Master Yi. I like to get my CDR from DFG because its active provides a 25% HP reduction (or more), which is awesome as a starter, like DFG >> Fear >> Drain >> Drain >> Fear >> Drain. And above all, a CDR is very significant for abilities that have long cooldowns, like Crowstorm.
The idea is good and it works, cause i have tried it, at the beginning with Fiddlesticks.
However, i dont max drain first, hence i dont need it. Crowstorm with the masteries are always on CD when i need it. I can hardly remember that i missed a chance of a kill cause Crownstorm is on CD.

Judas Priest

08-09-2012

Quote:
The idea is good and it works, cause i have tried it, at the beginning with Fiddlesticks.
However, i dont max drain first, hence i dont need it. Crowstorm with the masteries are always on CD when i need it. I can hardly remember that i missed a chance of a kill cause Crownstorm is on CD.
If you are not making use of Drain nor Crowstorm, you are playing Fiddlesticks the wrong way.

Slaydis

08-09-2012

Quote:
If you are not making use of Drain nor Crowstorm, you are playing Fiddlesticks the wrong way.
1st: I do use Crownstorm.
2nd: I dont use Drain to harass my enemy for a few reasons which i explained in my guide.

My GUIDE can be found here: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...h-guide-234139

This works. SO PLZ FOR GODS SAKE. READ THE ****ING GUIDE, WATCH THE **** VIDEOS AND IF YOU ARE STILL NOT CONVINCED THAN KEEP PLAYING AND DYING YOUR WAY WITH FIDDLE OR BE SUCCESSFULL

BUT

IF YOU HAVENT READ THE GUIDE AND WATCHED THE VIDEOS. PLZ DONT TELL ME IT IS THE WRONG WAY!

How the **** is it possible that i am successfull with it and people tell me here: IT IS WRONG???

XCodes

08-09-2012

Quote:
How the **** is it possible that i am successfull with it and people tell me here: IT IS WRONG???
Because it's Solo QQ.

Renegen

08-09-2012

Cool guide. As a fellow fiddle player I wonder though how good do you think mid fiddle is? Does he play any differently, is he basically a 2nd jungler or really a mid that can farm hard and do a lot of magic damage? I ask because it seems his farming and pushing are serious concerns and I just don't know if I can really go mid.

And a bonus question, what do you do when you are stunned and say at 50% hp, whats your first move out of the stun?