Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kicks

08-08-2012

Hey-o!

I was wondering, around what ELO in ranked do people begin "jungling"? We've gotten around 1300 and were wondering whether or not we should begin jungling? Also, what route are you supposed to take? Is jungling even necessary? (Don't confuse viable and necessary, please.)

Also, how does a jungler maintain camp control, etc when the map is so small and there is no clear divide between the sides of the map? Seems to make counterjungling a whole lot easier. I understand that giving bot/top farm is important.

Also, all that being said. How come Ashe on bottom with a jungler isn't viable? She can farm under the turret usually and if they push too hard there's always a gank. Maybe it's cause I play scrubs or something but I've never found it difficult to just kite your way out of most kill attempts. Her arrow is also a pretty great initiate tool early on and let's you grab a pretty strong lead early. It doesn't seem like she should be tiered as low as she is. Maybe I just love me some Ashe.

Anyways, all the help is appreciate!

-Dustin

Boo

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinDusang View Post
Hey-o!

I was wondering, around what ELO in ranked do people begin "jungling"? We've gotten around 1300 and were wondering whether or not we should begin jungling? Also, what route are you supposed to take? Is jungling even necessary? (Don't confuse viable and necessary, please.)

Also, how does a jungler maintain camp control, etc when the map is so small and there is no clear divide between the sides of the map? Seems to make counterjungling a whole lot easier. I understand that giving bot/top farm is important.

Also, all that being said. How come Ashe on bottom with a jungler isn't viable? She can farm under the turret usually and if they push too hard there's always a gank. Maybe it's cause I play scrubs or something but I've never found it difficult to just kite your way out of most kill attempts. Her arrow is also a pretty great initiate tool early on and let's you grab a pretty strong lead early. It doesn't seem like she should be tiered as low as she is. Maybe I just love me some Ashe.

Anyways, all the help is appreciate!

-Dustin
if you don't think you can jungle, just don't do it. laning with smite is better if you're not experienced. and ashe isn't great because she has no escapes and is very squishy.

BioTitan

08-08-2012

Hey E1C,
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to answer all of these questions, and you don't know how much you really are helping. That being said I've been facing issues currently and this is in regards to shen. Since I don't play in the top ELO yet (since I'm still kinda new XD ), the play style is still 2 bot and 1 top, and I usually find myself bot. The problem I'm having however is energy and team-fights, I constantly find myself in situations where I have the ability to save someone, but not enough energy to actually save them, what should I do about this? Also, I find myself being pushed a whole ton in the laning phase, making us miss out on cs is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thank you for your time!

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzxx View Post
Hello, looking into some tier lists for 3v3 i decided to buy riven and jungle with her. So im looking for your opinion on jungling riven and tips for her, like what items should i build, skills to level up and some team compositions with riven jungling for ranked games. Thanks! :>
How to play Riven was the first question I answered.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Courage3 View Post
God. Sure wish I found this thread sooner.So here we go. I question the viability of Poppy,Jayce, Trundle and Lux on TT. Also, if you somehow the mystical forces of the Universe forced you into playing Trundle/Lux, how would you most likely build them? Much thanks in advance.
Poppy is incredibly tanky thanks to her passive, great at diving, and actually has good damge. She's really good.

Jayce does great damage, has amazing harass, decent CC, and his speed boost is incredibly op. Really good.

Trundle makes the tanky bruisers of the Treeline no longer tanky, not only that, but he actually does a ton of damage. If you play him well he's good.

Lux has great range and good CC. However she is very squishy. You have to be really good with her for her to work well.

Trundle jungle, Lux solo bot. I don't know how to build Trundle, however, I'd build Lux:

Rod of Ages - Lich Bane - Zhonya's - Rabadon's

Eryn

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton95 View Post
What do you think of Diana I think she could be a really strong jungle with insane ganks when she hits lvl 6. If she gets hextech she can sustain for ever because of her passive or so I've found. Just wondering what you think her potential is?

In PBE I play against a darius in a 2v2 TT and i won our solo bot hit him with my q and he has to stay away, until you can jump him for First Blood. I don't know but she seems to fit in TT pretty well. And her kit is really well balanced. What do you think about her overall and where she would fit in on this map.

I hope she isn't broken on SR so that she won't be nerfed too hard.
Diana is broke, play her b4 they nerf her haha.

Eryn

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexinity View Post
Who would be some good solo bots on 3v3 if you had a jungler?
Anyone who can farm well via range.

Gangplank, Morgana, Anivia, Brand, Viktor, ect.

Eryn

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNGR38B View Post
Hi there,

Thanks for posting this thread and making it something that is really useful for TT players.

My question is what runes you would typically run on an AP caster? Is it better to run Armor/health yellows and MR blues or can you get away with running AP blues? Futhermore can you get away with 21/0/9 masteries or do you really have to sink those points into defense?

Thanks in advance!
If you look on my profile, my mastery / rune pages are named accordingly.

Eryn

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Palo View Post
Hey E1C,
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to answer all of these questions, and you don't know how much you really are helping. That being said I've been facing issues currently and this is in regards to shen. Since I don't play in the top ELO yet (since I'm still kinda new XD ), the play style is still 2 bot and 1 top, and I usually find myself bot. The problem I'm having however is energy and team-fights, I constantly find myself in situations where I have the ability to save someone, but not enough energy to actually save them, what should I do about this? Also, I find myself being pushed a whole ton in the laning phase, making us miss out on cs is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thank you for your time!
Make sure you land your taunt in team fights on atl east 2 people. You'll regain the energy you need for the rest of the fight by doing that. I've noticed too that Shen has energy problems on Twisted Treeline.

Boo

08-08-2012

why'd you post 6 times