Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hightech

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Glad to see Riot realizes how much of a mess she is.

Also: lol@the people who defended her power level.

blitz4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Greeeaaat....

Can we all now agree that PBE is a waste of time?

Vernalsama

08-06-2012

See now, part of me is sad, cause I only played her in the pbe and wanted to play her before she got neutered. But a different part of my laughs cause Darius still hasn't been massively hit and people are still crying about him.
I say screw both those parts, where is my chosen of the Fickle Lady Luna. I demand Diana!

THTSUBWAYGUY

08-06-2012

Who would have guessed a champ designed by Morello needed this many nerfs.

Gløry

08-06-2012

Couldn't you guys have tried one or two of these out and seen how it went, instead of unloading all four on her at once?

DreamsOfGrandeur

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgPOTATOESomg View Post
wait, so zyra's plants still scale with champion level and not her w? ;_;
Isn't that better for balance?

If they could be ranked up to 5 early game that would cause them to fall-off late game because they have to scale back the damage potential.

I suppose it does feel kind of disappointing that you can't rank up W first and be a Minion-master like Heimerdinger, but I like to think they did that out of respect for Heimy.

Xaxas

08-06-2012

Certainlyt you lost me here, I accepted the fact you designed Darius because you seemed like a cool guy, but these nerfs.. Are excesive.

MS nerf was not needed, same thing happened with Vayne, She's mobile? Ok, no big deal, theres slow mages and mobile mages.

Plant damage? Ok, plants are strong, seems legit...

Ult Damage and range changes, wait what? Dude, Vladimir is a SHORT RANGE mage fighter with SHORT RANGE on his skills, Zyra is LONG RANGE, if her ult deals too much damage then nerf Cassios ult too, even more damage and a STUN+SLOW, or Lux's, 500+0.75ap and that thing is HUGE and LONG (yes thats what she said).

Base damage nerfs? Where are the ratio buff's? You say bursty is alright? No it isnt, Bursty is low base + high ratio so glass cannon works, this is an alround nerf, to tanky and glass cannon.

You wan't to balance Zyra?

Make her plants scale with W level, that way people will have to choose between maxing skill or plants for damage.
Raise her mana costs so she can't abuse but combo when needed.
Lower base damage, raise ap ratios, her ratios are SUB PAR compared to other mages, like Malzahar.

Seriously, these changes were OVER THE BOARD, you may have all the numbers you can get , but I have the GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE, I played her well, I know her well, I'VE COUNTERED HER.

Until then, you've on the blacklist of Reds.

LostSpawn

08-06-2012

Why don't we just delete her plants entirely while we are at it...Largest set of nerfs at one time that I have ever seen...

Its a Dangler

08-06-2012

I play Zyra frequently, and the only nerf I see as to bad is the Ult damage, because it didn't do a whole lot to begin with. I agree with the range and the plant nerfs, as well as the E nerfs (finally!!), but the Ult damage is a little to much.

Claudialicious

08-06-2012

another Orianna?