New ELO point system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King of Sin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatus Barren View Post
theoretically, according to his rules, yes. say you're a vayne and you go 21-3-15, and you guys get all their towers down, but you guys still lose. with that kd, you actually gain the capped elo. and that amount does not include towers. This elo system could not work.
Thats the point, if he went 21-3-15, why should he suffer because his team is garbage? Honestly i have had many games like that and still lose because someone runs into the jungle face checking bushes and discovers 5, throwing the game... So why should i lose ELO when it is not my fault we lost. I tried to balance the system well enough that you could succeed in a losing game, THATS THE ENTIRE POINT TO THE SYSTEM!!

King of Sin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracelessFaith View Post
Okay fundamentally this system isn't worthwhile. Why? It's based on KDR. This game isn't about KDR. This isn't call of dooty. This ain't no Halo. And it sure isn't any Modern Warfare. You don't play this game to get kills, or assists. Your focus isn't killing the enemy champions. It's just a means to accomplish your end. Having the enemy team dead sure as hell makes it easy to take turrets, but isn't necessary. I've been in games where even with constant posturing one team could take a turret without killing any of the champions on the other, but simply poking them out of defense.

Furthermore it will encourage the stupid idea that people should float around and just focus on killing and not pushing lanes to nexus. It doesn't actually encourage good gameplay.

It also doesn't factor for the badass moves of getting executed to avoid giving the enemy team a kill. Or when someone tanking turret is executed so team can secure it.

I'm going to be honest, I've gone 2-2-24 as Janna. But my team lost the game because my AD Carry didn't know what he was doing nor did she listen to me well enough.

I think K/ADR is a silly system and won't provide proper incentive. If you came up with another method of measuring maybe "bonus" or "penalized" elo we might be able to figure something out. But as this system is it'd simply serve to undermine the goal of the game, and encourage more dumb strategies. Besides if you have suicidal initiators nothing wrong with that if it ultimately results in a win.
if you are 2-2-24 you are doing amazing support and should not suffer because your incompetent AD carry drags your team down. Are you saying you shouldn't have been rewarded for doing well?? Do you loathe yourself? if not i do not understand why you are against this System. Plus i find that people care more about champs then towers (aka tower diving), late game the towers are almost steam rolled by each team. Also if the tower is destroyed and the tanker dies. He gains ELO.

I find it hard to believe you read every thing and did not just go "TOO LONG DIDNT READ"

Also i would like to point out call of duty and modern warfare are the same thing...

King of Sin

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidochufada View Post
ELO based one your K/D ratio is a bad idea. People focused on their K/D ratio is already a bad thing.
Please read the entire thing, it stresses tower pushing... Also the people focused on KDR will either have bad farm or just throw the game causing a loss of ELO regardless... i say that from watching people do it...

AGTT Hypnotoad

08-06-2012

you punish people for surrendering...
and you encourage people to farm kills and turrets.
nope

King of Sin

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRowe View Post
you punish people for surrendering...
and you encourage people to farm kills and turrets.
nope
Why wouldnt i encourage those things... At end game the pushing team should be downing lots of turrets anyways... Also if you surrender cuz you are 1 kill behind. i think that shouldn't go idle and not be punished...

Man Bear Pig Hoe

08-06-2012

Fully agreed did you make this post for mine? it is better spoken lol i was angry when i wrote mine

Man Bear Pig Hoe

08-06-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2443318 i got from 900 to 1300 in a month but still something needs to be done for dcs or feeders or afkers if the enemy team decides u shud be able to retain some elo i think vote on this plz vote

AGTT Hypnotoad

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndofDeepsleep View Post
Why wouldnt i encourage those things... At end game the pushing team should be downing lots of turrets anyways... Also if you surrender cuz you are 1 kill behind. i think that shouldn't go idle and not be punished...
you encourage pushing all turrets, and farming them in the well without winning
sorry for not being clear
games shud not be:
push mid clear both nexsus turrets
go back clear all other turrets and inhib for some extra elo.

should just be win the game get rewarded, lose, dont get rewarded.

encouraging indiviual play as well is a bad idea, its a team game. if you cannot communicate well enough with your whole team, and make team decisions you dont deserve ELO.
being good is all fine and good but teamplay> all
you need to be able to convince people to follow you, or follow people properly to rise elo.

King of Sin

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig Hoe View Post
Fully agreed did you make this post for mine? it is better spoken lol i was angry when i wrote mine
No this has been here for a month, i just want a new system to fix the ELO hell.

King of Sin

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRowe View Post
you encourage pushing all turrets, and farming them in the well without winning
sorry for not being clear
games shud not be:
push mid clear both nexsus turrets
go back clear all other turrets and inhib for some extra elo.

should just be win the game get rewarded, lose, dont get rewarded.

encouraging indiviual play as well is a bad idea, its a team game. if you cannot communicate well enough with your whole team, and make team decisions you dont deserve ELO.
being good is all fine and good but teamplay> all
you need to be able to convince people to follow you, or follow people properly to rise elo.

I think 90% of everyone who reads this skips the fact that there is a cap on ELO, so teams who do really well will care less about clearing them all, and teams who did worse will care more.

Also to obtain kills late game, when people move in 2s or 3s you will be forced to team fight with this system, otherwise you shall lose ELO because of stupid deaths!