@IronStylus: A question regarding splash arts! A question asked often in the forum!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-03-2012

Sorry if this question isn't related to you. But I did make a thread asking about which Rioter is the best to ask, and only you came up.

I don't think I can speak for everyone, but I will say that most people will agree that among NA and Chinese splash arts, one side is better than the other side, sometimes it's the other way around, and sometimes both sides are equally good.

In MY opinion

Viktor(Chinese) > Viktor(NA)

Ahri(NA)>Ahri(Chinese)

Valentine Vayne(NA) = Valentine Vayne(chinese)

There, now that regional neutrality is achieved(not favouring any specific side even if I do favour one side more), my question is...

What do you think of adding in an option into the client that lets players to toggle the splash arts of skins/champions? In a Normal Blind pick, if two players on each side has a Waterloo Miss Fortune. And both have different tastes, in the loading screen and when they kill each other, I want to see one player have the NA portrait while the one who likes the chinese one get the Chinese portrait.

Just an extra layer of personalisation for the players who have a preference over the splash art since all this game has for pure aesthetic personalisation is just skins and nothing else.(part of me wishes we could spend miniscule amounts of RP to buy small sections of skins and mix them up) Personally wouldn't mind if the game had a bit more customization to it. Plus this would erase all the arguments over which region's splash arts are better etc.

If the answer is no, is there a reason? Copyright?

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-03-2012

This...this thread drowned out with only a single view(myself)

Ginga

Recruiter

08-03-2012

I know someone figured out a way to dissect the game through the folders and change it individually. But no one but yourself can see the change, and even worse, there's mention that the method has a chance to get screwed over every single time a new patch is out.

RaeBird

08-03-2012

What the heck is up with Ahri's Chinese art. They basically took the original and smudged all her facial features then pasted 2 eyes.

Ginga

Recruiter

08-03-2012

Ahri and Sejuani were to particularly disappointing chinese arts....

I always look forward to their splash arts because they're always so incredible. But Sej and Ahri's chinese versions were basically inferior clones. On the other hand, some of Ahri's skins have great chinese arts. The amount of effort it would take to draw some of them would be downright unfathomable for most people. Not that the NA one's of Ahri's skin aren't good perse, but the chinese one seems more fitting of a character like Ahri.

Ginga

Recruiter

08-05-2012

bump!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

08-05-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hiya, so, while I know there's been a lot of discussion on the forums about this subject, I'm not particularly clear on the policy or the swapping reasons. It's something I can investigate with the splash team, but I can't guarantee getting back to you immediately. I've got a whole bunch of stuff on my plate at the moment =)

Hardcore Pwn

08-05-2012

Hoping to see more new up and coming splash art!

tailsmph

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Hiya, so, while I know there's been a lot of discussion on the forums about this subject, I'm not particularly clear on the policy or the swapping reasons. It's something I can investigate with the splash team, but I can't guarantee getting back to you immediately. I've got a whole bunch of stuff on my plate at the moment =)
Like a trundle skin? Like a trundle skin?
Please lie to me if you have to

Kenson

08-05-2012

I do demand a Pulsefire Trundle!!!