Do you want the Spider Queen to join the League?

Yes 24,172 85.80%
No 4,002 14.20%
Voters: 28174. You may not vote on this poll

A challenge from Zileas himself, The Spider Queen needs you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slarg232

08-05-2012

It's not going to happen until LoL starts falling off and Riot needs to entice it's older players back to the game.

And how long is it going to be before that?

Pyrozen

08-05-2012

Riot pls

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slarg232 View Post
It's not going to happen until LoL starts falling off and Riot needs to entice it's older players back to the game.

And how long is it going to be before that?
I don't think it'll be that drastic. 'm currently suspicious since we had 3 male champs in a row, and it seems like 3 females in a row would make sense. But then again I may be confused about which champ was hinted at as next down the pipeline. >.>;

TheEnygma

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
I don't think it'll be that drastic. 'm currently suspicious since we had 3 male champs in a row, and it seems like 3 females in a row would make sense. But then again I may be confused about which champ was hinted at as next down the pipeline. >.>;
actually we had 5

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
actually we had 5
True. >.>; Forgot I was thinking human rather than half-human corruption & male ghost centaur/MLP reference.

Might imply more waiting on a variety of females D: /despair

Healurownbum

08-05-2012

So when u guys think she would come out?

Muranodo

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
So when u guys think she would come out?
Given the hinting, it's really hard to say.

I mean... Diana was hinted at for a while even before the PBE mining (and she came out less than 2 months later). And the time between Morello's hints for Spider Queen have been fairly lengthy. His initial "tension" one was way, way back.

You also have this mentioned at Surrender at 20: "Even Diana changed extensively since we she was first uncovered; her (limited ) files made mention of a silence, stun, and lance although all of those are missing from her live incarnation."

So, we have no idea what to expect from Tekk. Assumptions could be that he/she/it is the next big monster champion that isn't Spider Queen.

One could also assume DarkSovereign is a possible outlet for her. Since there were talks of making Malzahar's daughter her to appease two big wants. But it wouldn't make sense with the spiderling AI mentioned by Xypherous a while ago. But again all those skill names are drastically subject to change.

My personal gut feeling is she's more long term down the pipeline given the pacing in between hints. I think she'll be out before the year is up; I don't know if she'll appear in say the next five champions.

Kerbere

08-05-2012

38 more

SilverGhosts

08-05-2012

Riot pls

TheLastBaron88

08-05-2012

Reading over the Riot posts, it seems like the Victorian element of the character design is maybe the biggest hang-up. Why not just release her as more of an archetypical spider-lady (tsuchigumo?) and have the Victorian outfit as an extra skin available for purchase? Already wrote a post about this in GD, though I guess it would be more appropriate in the Champion Concepts section?