Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
I can relate to that somewhat. Would you perhaps mind dueling with me once more? Additionally I've heard of some bizarre blood sport in the Iron Spike Mountains. Do you think this is worth investigating?

-Tekun Valos
Perhaps, my schedule allowing, I can duel you again at some point. As for the "Blood Sport" thing... I fight out of necessity or to practice and hone my craft. I do not fight for sport...

Nwol

08-05-2012

Understandable. It seems incredibly shady to me in any case. I did not wish to imply that you should participate. And that sounds pleasant. I shall clear up my schedule at some point once we decide upon a date.

-Tekun Valos

Midnight Firefox

08-05-2012

I won't force you Riven, however of your mind changes.~

Ask Riven

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katárina View Post
Riven. I understand that after trying time and again to get you to rejoin the Noxian military will not happen but... I must ask. As you know in Noxus, Jericho Swain has taken over as Grand General without even a courtesy search for my father, who was a sure win as the next Grand General. This is something that does not sit well with me or my sisters.

If an uprising does occur... would I be able to call upon you to aid me in cleansing Noxus of it's taint, and making it strong and honorable once more as my father, General Marcus Du Couteau had always strived for?
Let me be clear, Du Couteau.

I had great respect for your father and his sense of honor. I only ever had the pleasure of meeting him once, and it is one of the few memories from my time fighting for Noxus that I truly treasure.

However, I have seen you fight. You are ruthless, cunning, dangerous... I believe you go too far at times, and while your work with the Demacians to uncover the corruption present in the League was indeed honorable, I still do not particularly trust, or care for you as an individual warrior.

Were I to fight in any such hypothetical uprising, my blade would be fighting for my own ideals, and only my ideals... If, at that time, your own views were found to match or mirror my own...well, then perhaps we could fight together. But until that time, I make no promises.

I hope that will suffice as an answer for your question...

Swore

08-05-2012

Oh, why thank you for your reply. Well another question rolled up. I understand you hate the battle buny suit and stumbled across the picture of you in it a while ago. When I looked carefully at it, I saw two other girls dressed like you and a man trying to get away. Can you tell me more about this, or is not to be spoken of?

Dojel

08-05-2012

Dear Riven, What are your opinions on Graves, Caitlyn, Miss Fortune and Gangplank and the thing that unites the four?

Denovean

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post

You'll understand if I don't feel comfortable discussing such things openly. However, the things I have seen have effected me greatly, and still do... But, as you took a large amount of time to create your inquiry, I feel I owe you something, at least...

To your first question, the things I saw haunt me more than any other. Nightmares, trouble sleeping...they're common for me. I had a few burns after the battle, but they've since healed. Well, most of them. A few of them left scarring, visible as white patches of skin... My sanity, I suppose, has been kept by determination and willpower, and belief that what I'm doing is both the right thing to do, and that it must be done.

I hope that is enough for you, Mister Denovean.
May I ask you what is this "right" thing to do?

Ask Riven

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swore 2 View Post
Oh, why thank you for your reply. Well another question rolled up. I understand you hate the battle bunny suit and stumbled across the picture of you in it a while ago. When I looked carefully at it, I saw two other girls dressed like you and a man trying to get away. Can you tell me more about this, or is not to be spoken of?
...Fine.

I am sick and tired of all these questions about that stupid uniform. So, I'll tell you the circumstances behind it so you can all shut up and stop asking me about something I clearly don't want to discuss. Deal? Just...give me some time to write it all out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojel View Post
Dear Riven, What are your opinions on Graves, Caitlyn, Miss Fortune and Gangplank and the thing that unites the four?
I already answered this question a few pages back. I'm not going to answer it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovean View Post
May I ask you what is this "right" thing to do?
To atone for my sins, and for the sins perpetrated by Noxus against Valoran and Runeterra, as well as to ensure it never does something so terrible ever again...

Now, I have an account to write...

Nwol

08-05-2012

Might I suggest posting it up front so people never have an excuse to ask again?

-Tekun Valos

Ask Riven

08-05-2012

Okay, here it is. I hope you can all stop asking me about that stupid outfit now... This is how it came into my possession, and how it came to stick with me...

I learned from a few sources inside Noxus that General Jericho Swain would be at a banquet at the Battle Bunny Bar and Banquet Hall inside Noxus' upper district. The place was well-known to be a popular choice for high scale celebrations, and was also famous for its "Battle Bunny" motif, where young and attractive girls of Noxus would wear "Battle Bunny Suits" to perform dance routines, and act as waitresses for the high rollers that visited the establishment. Learning that a high priority target to my mission would be at an easily accessible place, I decided I would find a way to infiltrate the Banquet Hall, and strike down the General before he could create any more bloodshed and treachery within Noxus. I...did not wish it to come to direct action, but the way things played out, I decided that I would have to use violence to end the violence...

So, I snuck into the Banquet Hall on the day of the festivities, finding myself in the changing rooms for the performers. In order to blend in, I quickly changed into one of the Battle Bunny Outfits within the room, and stowed my sword where it would remain hidden, but close at hand. The outfit was revealing, embarrassing, and detestable, but I did what I did because I had to gather intelligence. Sword in place, I walked out onto the floor. Apparently, no one seemed to take notice of just another young woman in such an outfit wandering the hall. They all seemed more intent on ogling and groping me than recognizing my face... There were more than a few broken fingers that night... Their policy of "no touching" seemed only to apply to those that were not discreet...

Finally, I spotted the General, as well as a few other Noxian Champions. Vladimir, Talon, and even Urgot were all enjoying the upscale establishment. I cursed my luck. If any of them noticed me, I would have to abandon the mission. So, I kept as low a profile as I could manage and made my way back to the dressing rooms, snatched my sword, hid it under a rolling cart with a tablecloth on it, and made my way back into the room, pushing the cart. At that point, one of the girls tapped me on the shoulder and said that the General's meal would get cold if I hesitated to bring it to him any sooner. it was then I realized what the cart contained. Perhaps my luck wasn't so terrible after all. Or, so I thought, anyway...

I rolled the cart into place, within plain view of the General, who took little notice of me. I delivered his meal, and the meals of his guests with a smile on my face, and then moved away. As I did, I slipped my hand under the cloth, my heart racing as I gripped the handle of my sword...

"You'll regret this, Exile..." My blood ran cold as the voice of General Swain drifted quietly between us. It was now or never. I chose now. I spun around as fast as I could and attacked with everything I had. The blade of energy was well-aimed, executed perfectly by my reforged weapon (which had taken on a carrot shape, as if to taunt me), but the General ducked back, the blade demolishing the table, and sending glasses of wine flying into the air. I remember it so clearly... One instant he was there, off to the side, recovering, the next we were fighting. For one who seemed so frail...he was most certainly not...

Before long, throngs of people were fleeing the scene, pouring out into the streets, even as the general's guards set upon me, attempting to bring me down. I fought, hard, striking down many of them with single strokes. Powerful as they were, they couldn't stand up to me. I backed away, and made my way into the changing rooms, barricading the door, changing, and quickly making my escape. I was infuriated... I'd failed my first real attempt to change Noxus... I'd failed to change anything, and now, it was likely it would all work against me... I left Noxus that night, dodging patrols until I exited the city and returned to the League.

A few days later I was approached by the Senior Summoners of the League. They were confused as to why I didn't tell them about my desire to wear a new outfit on the Fields, but thanked me for letting them know. When I asked of the outfit in question, they replied, "Why, the Battle Bunny Outfit, of course." I was flabbergasted, and horrified. What if news of my attack had gotten out? I quickly returned to my room, only to find a letter waiting on my table, along with a raven, that quickly flapped right out my window, leaving a few black feathers behind. When I read the letter, it stated as follows, copied exactly from the text...

My Dearest Exile,

I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of informing the League about your new taste in outfits. You seemed so eager to don such a thing, I only thought it would be fair to give others the pleasure of seeing you as I did. And about our little scuffle? I wouldn't worry about it. All those involved have been sworn to secrecy. After all, we wouldn't want them knowing that their beloved poster-child had made an attempt on the next Grand General of Noxus, would we? Feel free to thank me later, Exile. I'll be seeing you around on the fields, hip-hopping along.

Most Sincerely,
General Jericho Swain, Master Tactician

He humiliated me by forcing me to wear the reminder of my failure on the fields, in plain view of everyone... Summoners, Champions, everyone would see me embarrass myself, see my shame, and I would never be able to speak of it openly for fear of retaliation...

So now you know, Summoners, Champions. Now you know my shame, and my full reasoning behind hating that d@mn bunny suit so much... It not only humiliates me, but reminds me of my own failures...

I hope you're all happy...