You wanna know why Blizzard and every company is so cold and uncaring?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Biddlesticks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Must bump the **** out of this thread

Patient 0

07-06-2012

Ur drunk why would I listen to you

Good at League

08-03-2012

The more complaining about every little thing, the more tempted I am to necro this thread.

This has to be one of my favorite threads of all time

Fk it, Necro

how2pley

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Sejuani View Post
Because look at GD. Take it in.

This is what happens if you give an inch.
Please don't victimize Riot.

They are the reason the forums are like this, because they don't want to dole out the cash to pay for proper forum moderation.

Just like they won't even pay for proper admins to go over reports.

Just like they continue to release Champions despite other Champions being in an underused and underpowered state.

So, the reason the forums are like this is because Riot is greedy. There ya go.

GloriousKaiser

08-03-2012

Quote:

They take a mile?

Primanocte

08-03-2012

Quote:

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say. The WoW and D3 forums are twice as bad as LoL's and they almost never communicate with their players. Riot's forums are full of good posts and troll posts and rage posts, and for the most part players do a good job of downvoting and closing threads that simply don't deserve to remain open.

Even when Riot does something unpopular like the Lux ult name change they still at least come to the forums and address the issue. Whether or not we like what they have to say is our problem, not theirs.

Terry Atken

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say. The WoW and D3 forums are twice as bad as LoL's and they almost never communicate with their players. Riot's forums are full of good posts and troll posts and rage posts, and for the most part players do a good job of downvoting and closing threads that simply don't deserve to remain open.

Even when Riot does something unpopular like the Lux ult name change they still at least come to the forums and address the issue. Whether or not we like what they have to say is our problem, not theirs.
WoW, SC2's, and D3's customer support is miles, miles above LoL's, even when Blizzard merged with Activision. Their forums are only bad, because their player base is way way way, waaay bigger then LoL's.

I've never had a problem with Blizzards customer support division. Every friend whose gone through a bad time with their account, had it solved in a couple of days, even when the damage to it was huge. Every time I had a dispute, they went above and beyond what they needed to do to help me.

Riot, on the other hand, is a good company, but they also are freemium. You just have to take what they do with a grain of salt. They have to go out of their way to find features players would pay for, to keep their company going.

At the very least, they don't sell power. Look at a game like S4L, World of Tanks, or Dungeon Fighter Online. All of them sell huge amounts of power, to the point where you just can't win against someone who is fully geared. S4L is the worse though; they sell time limited items won by 'slot machine'. Its basically gambling, and its the number one reason why that game is terrible as hell. DFO is a little better, because there's a marketplace. But still.

LoL is good relatively to other freemium games. Theyre just terrible compared to games you pay a sub. service for, because their service is going to be better...because if they don't cater to you, you can cancel your sub. and that's a lot of (otherwise garenteed) money lost.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-03-2012
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Good thing I wear chainmail boxers.

Morello es #1 tank. Hue.

tailsmph

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Good thing I wear chainmail boxers.

Morello es #1 tank. Hue.
How many support players have kicked you in the nuts recently?

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Good thing I shred armor.