Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheShortestPath

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
Anyone who thinks this game is free is naive. It's only free because people like me pay for it, and I deserve to be treated like a paying customer.
And you are. You're actually treated significantly better than the paying customers of every single other online game in the world.

Stop posting. Nothing you or anyone like the people who make these threads does is constructive at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mad Black Men

Senior Member

08-02-2012

How can people be so forgetful and ungrateful? Riot is one of the most transparent gaming companies to date.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu1fy54 View Post
No. Your argument is invalid. I'm talking about purely RP here. With your argument we can also throw in this:

The Riot Employee's personal car insurance
Their vacations
Their food
Their utility
Sending their kids to school
A house
Their taxes


Etc etc etc. You just made it invalid. Just because my argument was in caps with a bunch of !!!!'s doesn't mean that it is wrong.

I am very intelligent, as you think you are right now, and I can counter what you say.


The point of the RP thing, was it costs them nothing, besides minor transaction fees, and the employee hitting the "send rp" button. Also the fees for their network that aren't related to the servers actually in the game.

Anyone can inflate and escalate the cost of anything if they put enough thought to it, but when it comes down to it. RP has some of the lowest production costs of product history. It is literally just a made up number that has no value at all anywhere else besides the Riot Store. You can't even buy Riot clothes for RP. It's just champs and skins, which are just advertisements to make you wanna buy RP. So that part is correct.

RP is their product you buy, their game is just a massive advertisement for it.
You can't "just" talk about RP in a vacuum. RP sales covers both their overhead and profit. That's how Riot makes their money.

Your proposal would ask Riot to give up, let's say 5 million players x about $7 in RP, in profit, over a server outage that already cost them in profit since people weren't buying/playing their game.

Sure, let me go right up to the CEO and suggest that we give up a potential $35 million in sales. Cherrypick the number if you like, say it's only 1 million players with affected accounts (doubtful since both NA and EU were affected). That's still $5 million in profit that would be given up ON TOP of the 10-win IP boost we all got, which eats into their bottom line.

The fact that it has no production cost doesn't mean RP should be given away like candy or their business model collapses.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehMightyMidget

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Black Men View Post
How can people be so forgetful and ungrateful? Riot is one of the most transparent gaming companies to date.
Note the beginning of my post, I simply don't want them to go down the path of Blizzard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0Splicer0

Senior Member

08-02-2012

They do sometimes post on threads about nerfing, but only nerfs on champion that no one cares.

It's like they are a bunch of runaway convicts trying to stay away from the spotlight, but still trying to keep in touch with their families.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nroberts15

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu1fy54 View Post
No. Your argument is invalid. I'm talking about purely RP here. With your argument we can also throw in this:

The Riot Employee's personal car insurance
Their vacations
Their food
Their utility
Sending their kids to school
A house
Their taxes


Etc etc etc. You just made it invalid. Just because my argument was in caps with a bunch of !!!!'s doesn't mean that it is wrong.

I am very intelligent, as you think you are right now, and I can counter what you say.


The point of the RP thing, was it costs them nothing, besides minor transaction fees, and the employee hitting the "send rp" button. Also the fees for their network that aren't related to the servers actually in the game.

Anyone can inflate and escalate the cost of anything if they put enough thought to it, but when it comes down to it. RP has some of the lowest production costs of product history. It is literally just a made up number that has no value at all anywhere else besides the Riot Store. You can't even buy Riot clothes for RP. It's just champs and skins, which are just advertisements to make you wanna buy RP. So that part is correct.

RP is their product you buy, their game is just a massive advertisement for it.
Not sure if this guy is serious. We get the fact that RP has no direct production costs. But, RP primarily funds the game. RP purchases pay for everything the other guy mentioned. If you want to get overly specific, then RP indirectly funds all the items you mentioned as well.

I'm not sure what your argument is, are you still crying about 1,000 RP? In that case, let me break it down for you. Giving everyone that much RP means a great deal of lost revenue for them. Obviously, not everyone that you give RP to would have bought it anyways, but with PFE coming out in the very near future, many would have. For something that affected .5% of the playerbase, that's not worth it from Riot's standpoint.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShriekmawFoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Riot stop working on this game we pretend to despise and respond to our petty whining!!! Rabblerabblerabble!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehMightyMidget

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
Note the beginning of my post, I simply don't want them to go down the path of Blizzard.
I get downvoted for showing love for the company, I get downvoted for disagreeing with them. Make up your minds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eng3ndro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-02-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firellius

Senior Member

08-02-2012

I STILL want Fortify back, RIOT!