Champion Bio Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silver of Souls

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post
And in terms of relationships and so forth, I don't mean to push anything onto the table, but maybe you guys should take a look at the fanfiction forum. I mean, a bunch of us, and a bunch of talented writers, try making champion relationships. From love to friendship to the overall development of a character, so if you want to have an idea of what people think and have the time to read stories, I'd recommend checking out the fanfiction forum. Not sure if many reds read them, truth be told.
What he said.

Great Owl

08-01-2012

Are you going to look at Singed's lore? I really liked Singed's focus on being all for science to the point of being unethical, but not being intent on harming others (i.e. testing chemicals on himself instead of getting random people and forcing them to take the poisons). But then you released Riven and now all Singed's lore implicates him as a specifically malevolent mass murderer. This both turned me off Riven and gave me the impression you were destroying Singed's interesting set of ethics in order to sell Riven. It also could have been easily avoided, it's established that Singed sells chemicals to Noxus, he didn't need to be mentioned as the one launching the chemicals. You could have just said Noxus launched the chemicals made by Singed and his lore would have been preserved.

kitae

Lead Designer

08-01-2012
9 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJulian View Post
you should update LeBlanc's lore becouse it actually doesn't tell anything about LeBlanc herself but that she's a part of the Black Rose
Agreed

kitae

Lead Designer

08-01-2012
10 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wightraven View Post
Would it be worth it to include small bios? Maybe not unnecessary details like height and weight and such, but specifically list the origin of the champion, or their political allegiance? The name of their weapon, perhaps, their favorite things and maybe their purpose in the league? Hell, you could probably just make this kind of info available on the site for those looking to learn more than the bios in the game itself offer.

I dunno, just a thought. Maybe it's too cheesy for LoL.
That's an interesting idea.

kitae

Lead Designer

08-01-2012
11 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milozilla View Post
Would love to see an update on the Annie lore we really don't know much about her personality and goals just mainly her parents history and how she got Tibbers.
Ok, it's helpful to know what champions you guys would like to see updated lore for first.

kitae

Lead Designer

08-01-2012
12 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwr View Post
Are more childishly themed champions like Nunu and Annie going to be put in a more serious light? I'd love for my favorite yeti rider to be turned into a stone COLD badass.
We will be very careful when working on champions like these and will definitely take your feedback into consideration.

kitae

Lead Designer

08-01-2012
13 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage Night View Post
Regarding the I do like the idea of aligning the back stories to be more consistent, but unfortunately we don't see anything being added for them as they stand today. Are we going to be getting anything for this as well? I would love to see a Diary section for each champ to see into the minds of the champ them selves as they live their lives out. Something that could be progressively updated. Or an over story or comic. Something that gives us about their lives today.
We definitely want to expand the types of lore and ways in which we deliver lore, doing these rewrites is building the foundation for new lore delivery methods.

kitae

Lead Designer

08-01-2012
14 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha0sniper View Post
How will we know what's been retconned and what's merely no longer mentioned? Should we assume that unless the new lore directly contradicts the old lore that the old stuff is still all valid?
Yes that is a good way to think of it.

Also, we don't actually want to "invalidate" anything. As we update lore what is currently canon will also be updated, but previous iterations of lore are still valid they are just not current.

Our goal is to make the current lore the best lore, but there will always be individuals who prefer earlier iterations and we want to support that.

kitae

Lead Designer

08-01-2012
15 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyTheRat View Post
I just hope they completely leave Morgana and Kayle being sisters alone! That was the one thing that made me get Morgana after getting Kayle.
Definitely not touching that....

kitae

Lead Designer

08-01-2012
16 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgettingcarried View Post
@Kitae

why u has that profile picture? its already been claimed, to my knowledge!
It's just me! I'm @truffle on twitter because someone else has @kitae (boo)