Champion Creation Splash Art: My Own and Fellow Summoners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Script Lord

07-31-2012

Hello. I have to say, you are truly a blessing to this forum, so if/when you get a job with Riot I hope you don't forget all of us here in this little corner of the internet.

I know you must be swamped with work, but I have but a humble request.

Would you mind sketching the following champion concept of mine?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2389532

I don't need it colored, just a simple design would suffice.

FarahBoom

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Script Lord View Post
Hello. I have to say, you are truly a blessing to this forum, so if/when you get a job with Riot I hope you don't forget all of us here in this little corner of the internet.

I know you must be swamped with work, but I have but a humble request.

Would you mind sketching the following champion concept of mine?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2389532

I don't need it colored, just a simple design would suffice.
Sure i could do that. Im actually working on my portfolio to submit for a job as Concept Artist at Riot and im trying to build up a decent chunk of concept designs so your scratchin' my back already lol.

Script Lord

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarahBoom View Post
Sure i could do that. Im actually working on my portfolio to submit for a job as Concept Artist at Riot and im trying to build up a decent chunk of concept designs so your scratchin' my back already lol.
That is awesome! You're a saint, really.

Though, you insist it's for your portfolio, which can only get better as you make more designs right? Anyways, I appreciate it and I wish you the best of luck on getting the job!

Lord Kyleshorse

07-31-2012

Hey FarahBoom. I gotta say, I'm really amazed with your work, as well as your goal. I hope to one day work for Riot as a character designer, so seeing others with a similar dream makes me glad to be part of such a community.

As a means of helping you out with your portfolio, perhaps you could do something for my own concept of Cain, The Forgotten Shield.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...highlight=cain

I wish to see the different ways that people see Cain, so I insist that you give him your own style. You should be able to find plently of details within the forum. As for the art samples, I'm not sure why, but it keeps on saying the the links are invalid, so I hope you have memory as to what he looked like when you reviewed him yourself. So far, the only link that seems to be available is the one made by Vaylore, which I'm actually considering of declaring as his official design.

I understand if you're swamped with work or even other art requests, but think of it as just another thing for you to add to the portfolio. Should you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and I'll be able to answer any of your questions as soon as I can.

Best wishes,
Lord Kyleshorse

FarahBoom

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kyleshorse View Post
Hey FarahBoom. I gotta say, I'm really amazed with your work, as well as your goal. I hope to one day work for Riot as a character designer, so seeing others with a similar dream makes me glad to be part of such a community.

As a means of helping you out with your portfolio, perhaps you could do something for my own concept of Cain, The Forgotten Shield.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...highlight=cain

I wish to see the different ways that people see Cain, so I insist that you give him your own style. You should be able to find plently of details within the forum. As for the art samples, I'm not sure why, but it keeps on saying the the links are invalid, so I hope you have memory as to what he looked like when you reviewed him yourself. So far, the only link that seems to be available is the one made by Vaylore, which I'm actually considering of declaring as his official design.

I understand if you're swamped with work or even other art requests, but think of it as just another thing for you to add to the portfolio. Should you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and I'll be able to answer any of your questions as soon as I can.

Best wishes,
Lord Kyleshorse
Hey there,
im sorry, i remember you posting here before and things have just gotten out of hand on this thread lol.
I am pretty swamped right now but yes, i can definitely do a design for him. I may not be able to do a full color piece but a concept drawing for sure. Hopefully by the end of the week.

FarahBoom

07-31-2012

Bump - Finished Concept of Un-named, Student of Shadow.

Lord Kyleshorse

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarahBoom View Post
Hey there,
im sorry, i remember you posting here before and things have just gotten out of hand on this thread lol.
I am pretty swamped right now but yes, i can definitely do a design for him. I may not be able to do a full color piece but a concept drawing for sure. Hopefully by the end of the week.
Awesome, thanks. I have one other question though. On my thread, it keeps on saying that the links and attachments I've placed are now considered "invalid". I tried replacing the attachments, but I keep getting the same results. I've also seen this happen on other attachment linked threads... except for yours. Did you ever have this problem recently? if so, how were you able to fix it?

Ozlin

08-01-2012

what's with all the no upvotes?

+1

Ask the Herald

08-01-2012

And bump

FarahBoom

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kyleshorse View Post
Awesome, thanks. I have one other question though. On my thread, it keeps on saying that the links and attachments I've placed are now considered "invalid". I tried replacing the attachments, but I keep getting the same results. I've also seen this happen on other attachment linked threads... except for yours. Did you ever have this problem recently? if so, how were you able to fix it?
I did have that problem once, what i had to do was remove the attachment completely and re-upload the file and place it back into the thread. With outside links though, i haven't quite found a solution to that. Ill have a perfectly working link and then post it and for some reason will not re-direct.

But for in house threads, its usually best to maybe re-save the file (just to make sure there is no mess-ups) and re-upload it while removing the previous one at the same time.
One thing i noticed is if you have a file uploaded (for example: Champion1.jpg) then upload a file with the same name but you updated it, if you did not previously remove the other file, sometimes it just swaps places and doesn't fix the problem.

I hope that's of some help, these attachment postings can be pretty tricky.