Champion Bio Updates

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamKim

07-31-2012

Well, I am really excited.

I will admit that you saying this kind of makes me think the lore department before was unorganized or something like that. Or at the very least did not prepare for the future. I really hope I am wrong, like I usually am.

But more importantly, I look forward to you and your department's future work. Some people might say lore is not important. But I think lore is what allows people to connect with champions on a more personal level. For example, a person who just has an alternate way of thinking (harmless of course) but is often shunned by everyone else will find comfort knowing Diana is the same. A person who feels everyone around him/her is violent yet constantly tries to be the bigger person will feel some sort of relationship with Leona. Things like is what makes champions come alive for us.

maxterdexter

07-31-2012

Let's see where this path might lead, I'm guessing that the things like the Fjord-Barbarian aliance and Swain's control of Noxus aren't being retconed?

A bouncy Furret

07-31-2012

Congratulations Truffle !

Will we see vast improvements to champions like Fiora's lore that is complete cliche one dimensional pointlessness?

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclessian View Post
I love that we're getting some love in the lore department, but on a side note may I argue that removing the General by name would be detrimental to Talon's lore? I mean Talon's loyalty and devotion to General Du Couteau are pretty large parts of who Talon is now. It seems like it might be detrimental to just say he's "in search of the only one who ever beat him". Besides, the Du Couteau MIA story plot has been around for a long time, why fool with it?

This new Talon lore hasn't come out yet, so perhaps i'm making it seem worse than it will be, and it's entirely possible that I failed in comprehending your entire post.

Anyway, looking forward to reading some new lore from you guys!
Their point is about drawing an initial connection between summoner and champion for identification purposes. You know the story. You know the lore now. So it's important to you. But if you take away the JoJ. Talon's Judgment. And just had the bio...

What would you know about Talon as a character? It's basically meant to make it more accessible while open up future avenues for more in-depth storytelling, so it doesn't seem so crammed/half-told it seems like.

Megore

07-31-2012

yay lore stuff

Mädchen

07-31-2012

Quote:
More relationships. Whether its friendship, love, or hate, relationships provide a jumping off point for additional stories involving our champions.
Quote:
Whether its friendship, love, or hate
Quote:
its
GET OUT.

But no, actually, super pumped for this. Can't wait to see what's in store, especially for a lot of the older bios.

Doosfin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
And, basically, you're going to be humanizing all our champions, so we can relate to them better?

I'm going to miss some of the unknowable personalities like Annie's darkness and Maokai's desire to be inanimate again, but I understand the marketing value motivation behind all this.
Where did you read any of that?
I just read the OP twice and I did not see a single mention of them doing this. Don't make baseless assumptions.

The Fizznity

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
More relationships. Whether its friendship, love, or hate, relationships provide a jumping off point for additional stories involving our champions.

From time to time, well also need to omit some details that were previously included in bios. For example, in the revised version of Talon's bio, General Du Couteau is still present, but we don't identify him by name. We want players to focus on Talon, not wonder who General Du Couteau is. When a detail like this is omitted this is not a change to the lore, it's a change to what we're focusing on in the bio. General Du Couteau and Talons relationship can be better explored in a different story.
Don't these conflict?

sh3lick

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
Will you be turning Amumu back into a Human?

I'm quite bitter about Riot resorting to changing our only human child character into a Yordle.
(I don't really see Nunu as a human. As his lore states of his heart, I respect him as a Yeti)

------

And, basically, you're going to be humanizing all our champions, so we can relate to them better?

I'm going to miss some of the unknowable personalities like Annie's darkness and Maokai's desire to be inanimate again, but I understand the marketing value motivation behind all this.
10/10. Made me read the OP post three times to find the Amumu information. Just to read about Fiora and Shyvanna

ThorRush

07-31-2012

Huh. Thanks for the heads up, and for showing you still care.

Kitae, does this have anything to do with Lux's laser?

12345612 ... 22