Please review my case and emit your Opinion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wightraven

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammblin0 View Post
Except it doesn't get forwarded to Riot, the verdict relies solely on the tribunal voters.
Then I'd leave it in the hands of those who feel they are better informed. I would say I pass judgement on cases somewhere in the 98% region, but this is a sticky one and one I feel I'm not equipped to judge fully. The "skip" button is there for a reason, after all.

CrossTheRiver

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammblin0 View Post
Yeah the assists part is a little weird but on the other hand he was verbally abused right from the very start of the game so it's certainly understandable if he loses heart a little bit and doesn't play his best.

Honestly if you're so unsure that you have to skip you should just pardon.
I often finding myself skipping cases I am unsure on. I only make a decision for punish or pardon when it's clear to me.

I only hope other people do better on the cases I couldn't figure out.

Snailygoat

07-30-2012

I would pardon you in my opinion. And I hardly pardon most cases I see.

Thuch

07-30-2012

It's a tough call. 3/19 is not a good thing. IF they reported for feeding, which isn't available on the report card, I'd probably punish for the first game. The second one is a toss up.

It's very possible that you are just a very good troll. Nice in chat, but feeds like a mother. It's also possible that you still need to learn more, and that really shouldn't be a reportable offense. The 26% statistic is a bit frightening.

If you are the latter, some advice. Tone down the useless chatter. Talking that much does two things.
1) Distracts you and your team from the game. If you die because your typing all the time, shame shame.
2) Can annoy your team. They may not report you, even if you do sub-optimally, maybe.

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

07-30-2012
2 of 5 Riot Posts

GunflameSmurf,

We were asked to review the matches in your case. After review, we agreed that there wasn’t any particular toxic behavior in this case. As such, we’ve gone ahead and lifted the suspension given. You’ll now be able to log-in and play.

However, missing from the case is some additional context. As Lyte mentioned, you’ve been reported in over 26% of the matches you’ve played in since your last suspension. This is actually pretty high compared to the “average” League of Legends player and is almost always indicative of some form of toxic play.

There is some light in this statistic though, because after reviewing your games it looks like you have made some movement towards being a less toxic force in your games. Many of the reports in the 60 or so days following your previous suspension highlights a refusal to work with your team in matches, especially in ranked play. When you felt disrespected by your team you would often turn to different methods to troll them in game rather than work with them as a team.

These reports were very consistent across the games you played following your suspension, putting you back on the Tribunal’s radar.

Wightraven

07-30-2012

The system works, even when we screw up.

xystris

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
GunflameSmurf,

We were asked to review the matches in your case. After review, we agreed that there wasn’t any particular toxic behavior in this case. As such, we’ve gone ahead and lifted the suspension given. You’ll now be able to log-in and play.

However, missing from the case is some additional context. As Lyte mentioned, you’ve been reported in over 26% of the matches you’ve played in since your last suspension. This is actually pretty high compared to the “average” League of Legends player and is almost always indicative of some form of toxic play.

There is some light in this statistic though, because after reviewing your games it looks like you have made some movement towards being a less toxic force in your games. Many of the reports in the 60 or so days following your previous suspension highlights a refusal to work with your team in matches, especially in ranked play. When you felt disrespected by your team you would often turn to different methods to troll them in game rather than work with them as a team.

These reports were very consistent across the games you played following your suspension, putting you back on the Tribunal’s radar.
why is this not toxic behavior? now he'll even be better in trolling and get over 40% reports because he doesn't want to play a team game but treat it like cod.

BelligerentGnu

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xystris View Post
why is this not toxic behavior? now he'll even be better in trolling and get over 40% reports because he doesn't want to play a team game but treat it like cod.
It is toxic. The thing is, he stopped doing it - but he got a couple of games where he was falsely reported by 4 people at once, and so he popped back into the tribunal.

onihero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
So you are telling me what appears to be intentional feeding, and not supporting the team or communicating are completely fine?

Good. Good. While I wouldn't punish this, I can see why people would, hence, controversial. You, on the other hand, only see what you would vote and ignore any opinions to the contrary.
Quote:
GunflameSmurf,

Seems Im in the right again.

False positives. Springing up right and left around the Tribunal.

Its unacceptable for this to be happening with an automated system that suspends people from the game. With any amount of frequency.

The more you are reported, the more likely you will be punished. Falsely even. Those stats just skyrocketed.

onihero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafinchi View Post
I'm actually curious if "bad," but pleasant/rule following, players are reported significantly more often or not. Any comment from a red on that since we don't have access to any of the metrics?
I guarantee it. I promise that most reports come from the losing team (and are reporting another member of that losing team).

Playing badly will garner you more reports.

And from what it looks like here, those reports (whether warranted or not) can get you suspended.