The official pony thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Einheria Valesti

07-29-2012

Lauren Faust hasn't actually really been a key member of the show since the end of season 1 though, she stepped down from her position and let Matt (i think) take over. Pretty sure they still talk to her about it though, i believe she's working on some other show on the HUB, carebears probably.

That being said MLP:FiM is probably the largest show the HUB/Hasbro has had in quite a while, its in their best interests to keep it going, it is a show designed around selling the merchandise after all. I wish the new transformers cartoons were as good

Einheria Valesti

07-29-2012

bumping with more ponies, hopefully season 3's release date is announced soon-ish, august or september would be nice

Psycho Pretzel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

Season 3 ponies before school starts again please.

ShadowDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibalung View Post
bumping with more ponies, hopefully season 3's release date is announced soon-ish, august or september would be nice
I believe they said they would announce the premier at least a month in advance, so no new ponies until at least September, unfortunately.

Scribbles88

07-30-2012

Just wondering, how would you honestly rate the quality of the show? Would you call it one of the best shows you've ever seen?

I love the show but no, I wouldn't rank it as one of the best. Animation top notch, music catchy as hell but there are episodes where the writing feels forced and weak. The best part of the show for me are the characters. I just love the mane 6. I can't really even explain why.

KitsuneInari

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbles88 View Post
Just wondering, how would you honestly rate the quality of the show? Would you call it one of the best shows you've ever seen?

I love the show but no, I wouldn't rank it as one of the best. Animation top notch, music catchy as hell but there are episodes where the writing feels forced and weak. The best part of the show for me are the characters. I just love the mane 6. I can't really even explain why.
Honestly, I do think it's one of the best cartoons; as you've said, the animation and music are incredible, but I also adore the writing. I admit the plots feel a bit weak, but the characters carry the show very well.

The amazing thing about the characters is how the show actually tries to get sympathy for them. A lot of cartoons nowadays are full of idiots, jerks, and losers - people we laugh at, who we know are worse off than us; it's funny, yes, but in a black way, and we don't sympathize with the characters. My Little Pony, on the other hoof, uses a wide range of characters who ARE sympathetic; while they do have their own flaws, they're not strictly worse than us - we can laugh while we watch them, but we're laughing with them, not at them, and we don't feel like jerks for doing it.

The characters themselves are also incredibly diverse, and all have their own style - and not a single one of them is 'better' or 'worse' than anypony else for it. In a way, the show strives to make everything awesome; we can cheer for Rainbow during her Sonic Rainboom, or we can applaud for Rarity's fashion show. Every character is independently written to be likable, quirky, and genuinely awesome, which is rather impressive - even ponies who show up for five seconds in the background have their own personalities and stories, so the show really does come across as being a show for everyone.

The show admittedly has weak writing and plots at times - but the sheer amount of development in the settings and characters carries it all quite well.

Einheria Valesti

07-30-2012

the weaker plots could be attributed to the fact that it is a childrens show at heart, but the brilliant character archtypes and personalities really shows that lauren and her team wanted it to appeal to everyone and be as awesome as colorful ponies could be, and i say they did a fantastic job at that. It's got just the right amount of compromise to appeal to an absolutely huge demographic while still remaining innocent, cheerful and heartfelt

Scribbles88

07-30-2012

Yeah, I get way more enjoyment watching MLP than from any other show.

Einheria Valesti

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbles88 View Post
Yeah, I get way more enjoyment watching MLP than from any other show.
Pretty much this, it's impossible to find a show that's so endearingly innocent with little to no subtext involved.

other shows like adventure time are great in what they do but there's a lot of hidden messages and innuendo's scattered in it, MLP really doesnt have that, its just adorable and happy. and i love it for that

Raging Hipster

07-31-2012

If you listen to pony music who's your top 3 musicians?
Here are mine!
1. Archie V, always good music, and a good guy.
2. D.notive, different music, even in non pony. I don't hear much "funky" music. And a cool guy.
3. Foozogz, again always good, good guy too