Tribunal FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS186afbf367d955

07-29-2012

Lyte : you say that the tribunal tries to only show recent games. Why in about half of my cases I can see games played several months ago sometimes even a year ago ?!

DVPER

07-29-2012

@Lyte,

Is the accused summoner level still a factor in judgement of the player? If it is, why can we not see the summoner levels of the player in question?

Is keeping the identity of the player in question really that big of a deal? Nothing is keeping the community from saying "report SummonerName1337" instead of saying "report xin" and there have been times when having this information has been useful in rendering a proper judgement. For example, I have been seeing a lot of intentional feeding cases where the report is only for a single game with a score like 1/16/x and the accused says literally nothing. This is a typical behavior for both a brand new player and a troll. Based on this information I can only skip or pardon. In the past, I have had such a case and looked at the players match history to see games where they ran Mobility and stacked Zeals in a previous game--punish. I have also had similar situations where the accused was level 4 and probably just didn't know any better--pardon.

I didn't realize that skipping counted against case limit. This is not going to change my use of the skip button (I usually skip cases like the ones mentioned above). However, my first reaction was "I guess I'm going to have to come to a judgement one way or the other on every case". I reconsidered, the IP reward, for me at least, is too insignificant to be a factor in a judgement. Not sure if the same can be said for all players--further evidence that our good professor is correct that IP rewards should probably go away. Maybe in the mean time skipping should not count against case limits?

Regards,

-DVPER

Ewendor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

Why are people upvoting the reserved posts? You never know what Lyte's going to put in there. It could be some Solarian propaganda.

dyfrgi

07-29-2012

Regarding Leaverbuster, if their name isn't red in the post-game, but they were AFK for a while or perhaps even quit less than 3 minutes from the end of the game, are they sometimes still picked up by Leaverbuster? I have many times had someone be AFK, and even say that they're AFKing, and not be red after the game. In particular, when someone decides to sit in fountain and click on something every couple minutes, they don't seem to get caught by it.

TastyBeeBurgers

07-29-2012

Lyte, I just wanted to say this: You're awesome. Thanks for showing interest and devoting your time to this!

+ like a Gajillion

Liath

07-29-2012

Know that if the tables were turned, I would show YOU reform cards!

er..

Can you put a Q/A combination in there that explains something like, "If you were banned or have questions about your case / want to appeal / want more info etc. about your ban, visit [Link to Player Support site] or email support@riot etc"

I would think that the two groups that visit the tribunal consistently are recently banned people looking to troll or looking to see what it is, and honest voters, and that neither group is homogenous or small.

UnknownVBS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

I have one important question that needs to be added to the faq:

Should we always use the term "Doctor Professor Lyte" when referring to Lyte?

The answer is obviously "yes, because he is that awesome!"

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

07-29-2012
5 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epok2 View Post
Lyte : you say that the tribunal tries to only show recent games. Why in about half of my cases I can see games played several months ago sometimes even a year ago ?!
This is a combination of several factors; mainly, the Tribunal builds a case for a player at a certain time, but some math happens in the middle before it can be presented to players in the review queue.

Killrazor

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusedPositron View Post
Yes I get that, but time and time again, when I see threads discussing why someone was banned, they and quite a few other people get the impression that if they didn't break the rule they were reported for, they shouldn't be punished.

Thus, it should be FAQ-ified.
You punish if they break the rules, no matter what they were reported for. Why you ask? Because you are only able to report for one offense, even if they did multiple things bad.

Say a person gets reported for feeding, and they don't really feed, but in that game they are rude, racist, just over all being a bad/negative person... why wouldn't you punish them?

Polaritie

07-29-2012

What's the current day that IP is distributed?