Is Queue Dodging punished by Leaver Buster?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cute Slave

07-26-2012

Or any other ingame mechanic?

xystris

07-26-2012

nope. i would know cause I dodge like 3 out of 4 games.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

07-26-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Queue dodge and LeaverBuster are not related. They belong to different systems and designed for different purpose.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-26-2012

The 'punishment' for queue dodging is the immediate 'ban' from queuing up again. I believe your first dodge is 5 minutes, and it goes up to 15 then 30 minutes. (Don't quote me on the numbers, but they give you an idea.)

Wrathofrecca

07-26-2012

Panserfaust means you're banned by playing with the bad team that thinks penta melee is viable. Woe is me.

Cute Slave

07-26-2012

Just checking cause I queue dodged and decided to go make something to eat when my entire team spoke Spanish and spammed the channel. Thanks for the responses <3

Judas Priest

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Queue dodge and LeaverBuster are not related. They belong to different systems and designed for different purpose.
Does queue dodging have any negative effect to a player's account?

I'm asking because queue dodging is not a bad thing, actually it helps avoiding a lot of trouble. Waiting 5 minutes instead of be in a 20+ min game with negative players seems a good trade for me.

burghbo

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
The 'punishment' for queue dodging is the immediate 'ban' from queuing up again. I believe your first dodge is 5 minutes, and it goes up to 15 then 30 minutes. (Don't quote me on the numbers, but they give you an idea.)
i dont know about the tiered times...had my power go out yesterday due to a storm in the area during champ select and had a 30 min queue wait when i returned.

i've never purposely left champ select before and can't remember any other PC probs (though i guess it could have happend)...especially over the last few months

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathofrecca View Post
Panserfaust means you're banned by playing with the bad team that thinks penta melee is viable. Woe is me.
penta=5
team=5
you+4=5
You clearly went melee along with the rest of them.

Gorgalax

07-27-2012

I posted this in the GD forum, but it keeps getting swept off the front page in a minute or two so I'm just gonna leave this right here...

Whey do I get a queue dodge penalty for dodging a game where the third person (TT) on my team has failed to respond to "hey _____, are you there?" or pick a champ when the timer hits 0? Obviously the person is away and is auto locked into a random champ that has no cohesion with the team whatsoever. And HOPEFULLY, the person actually comes back to their computer for the game because we all know it's difficult to win a 2v3 from the get go. Even if they do come back, HOPEFULLY they got auto locked into a champ that they have an idea of how to play.

If somebody wants to random, that's fine. There is a random button specifically for this. A person can random and then the other team mates can pick some champs that would suit the team.

So here I am, stuck with a split second decision of play a game that is potentially doomed from the start, or dodge and requeue with a penalty and the potential for a long queue wait on top of that. Why can't the person who didn't lock in be automatically booted from the game and THEY are given the queue dodge penalty, and everybody else is thrown back into the queue with priority and not having to go to the back of the line?

TL;DR Why is somebody who is present for the eminent game punished for a dodge when the person who has AFK'd gets off scot-free?