@Bitsplosion: Why aren't Shadow Prince Malzahar's particle effects yellow?

First Riot Post
123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thelemon

Senior Member

07-25-2012

if they do this ill be sad as an overlord malz owner


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiMi luvluv

Senior Member

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelemon View Post
if they do this ill be sad as an overlord malz owner
..Why?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiMi luvluv

Senior Member

07-25-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bitsplosion

VFX Artist

07-25-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor You View Post
Probably because its an old skin. Old skins are basically just recolors.
Basically this. Malz came out shortly after I started playing LoL and looong before I joined Riot. I can't speak from experience, but back then particle swaps were rare enough that recoloring every ability for a launch skin probably would have been insanity. Just goes to show how far we've come, eh? :]

(As an aside, I personally don't think the yellow would look very good anyway.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noraver

Senior Member

07-25-2012

BITSY!!!
Ohai. :3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rustmaker

Senior Member

07-25-2012

It's Itsy bitsy Bitsplosion!! Yay!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsplosion View Post
(As an aside, I personally don't think the yellow would look very good anyway.)
I think you're right. It's my favorite Malzahar skin. I decided to buy it when I realized that Malz is my new favorite mid, and I wouldn't change a thing. I like the contrast of his bright outfit to the darker magic he wields.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMi luvluv View Post
In his splash art he has yellow magic/sand in his hands but in-game his abilities are still purple.

In-Game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmahcshl3fA

Splash: http://www.strategyzero.com/images/L...r_Splash_2.jpg
1) old
2) cheap
3) regularly double-cheap


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bloodedge22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

07-25-2012

I think yellow would look amazing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiMi luvluv

Senior Member

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsplosion View Post
Basically this. Malz came out shortly after I started playing LoL and looong before I joined Riot. I can't speak from experience, but back then particle swaps were rare enough that recoloring every ability for a launch skin probably would have been insanity. Just goes to show how far we've come, eh? :]

(As an aside, I personally don't think the yellow would look very good anyway.)
So I'm guessing y'all wont re-do this skin like you did with Amethyst Ashe?


123