Harassing with Mid Tristana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unr3alAnGeR

09-04-2010

Ashe is easy enough. Sivir is a pain, but manageable. But laning against Kog is a *****. He outranges you by a mile when he wants early, and can just push push push.

Ryzuma

09-04-2010

i run ghost and teleport. what ill do is just shoot them like once or twice whenever they try to last hit anything. This makes them get the last hit and take dmg or cancel their attack and miss the last hit. whenever they are close enough ill use my e but dont try to get in range to use e your better off just auto attacking. at lvl 6 they are at like 1/2 - 3/4 hp. what ill do is just lane like normal till they get in range for my leap then i leap on to them cast e and auto attack till the last possible second then ult

Faintblade

09-04-2010

Laning against kogmaw, KEEP MOVING. ALWAYS. Stop to last hit and start moving again. And dont move in patters. Upon hitting 6 most kogmaws will simply spam their ultimate as much as possible, make sure they dont hit you.

Imo, take either a dorans blade or vampiric scepter first, Dorans blade is less noob-friendly as you dont regen nearly as fast, but it lets you take a hit easier and last hit easier. Vampric scepter is enough to heal yourself through a large ammount of harass from many different characters

I reccomend taking Teleport and Ignite, Ignite for a kill at level 6 or even below and teleport so you dont lose lane time and can be more mobile late game.

I recommend a Attack damage/crit build with a bit of attack speed thrown in. Usually I start with a vampiric scepter, sometimes a dorans blade, but only If it works well against the character i might have to mid against. Dorans blade is nice because you get some lifesteal and a health potion, which is really nice pre level 9ish. Against a kog you'd want to keep moving and treat his bio arcane like ryze's ultimate. Basically, watch for him to pop it while you're last hitting, keep out of range as best as you can, and then throw on your harass right after it goes off of him. Kog's are really squishy and easy to harass if you can get a couple explosive shot+autoattacks in (You should always use either both explosive shot AND autoattack when harrasing or just autoattack, because if you're close enough to explosive shot you're close enough to throw in one attack as well). After you get him down to about half, Jump on him, pop ignite and explosive shot if you have the mana, and then use your ultimate when you see his hp drop below 300. Even if it itself doesnt kill him, your ignite most likely will, but be careful for people with heal.

As Ryzuma said, around level 6 when you have moderate range try to keep them off your creeps unless they're playing hyper-aggressive, and if they are look for holes in their rotation. Usually they dont expect the ammount of burst rocket jump, ignite, explosive shot, and your 300 damage nuke ultimate at level 6 can do. Tristana, in my opinion is one of the, if not the, most formidibale mid in the game right now. Kog just takes some work to get used to, Tristanas find it hard facing people that actually outrange them.

My build is Vampric scepter>BF sword*>Bloodthirster
Mercury treads(Please, for gods sake, dont get berserkers greaves)
Phantom Dancer
Infinity edge
Madred's bloodrazor/Black Cleaver/Last whisper(sometimes, I like madreds the most)
Frozen Mallet or Guardian Angel. GA works well with trist because she's often so far in the back of team fights late game.

*Usually I have enough staying power with a vampiric scepter to stay in my lane untill at least 1850 gold, it's risky if the person you're midding against is really really good, but a BF sword really changes early game, and builds into a bloodthirster for great damage and lifesteal. I always like at least SOME lifesteal late game, Bloodthirster really fits MY preferences very well.

You could build emblem of valor instead if you feel it's to risky to stay the whole 1850 gold, and then turn it into a starks later, But you'd need to incorperate a bit more damage(say, the black cleaver and frozen mallet) into your build to make up for it. +100 damage from a fully stacked Bloodthirster is simply amazing, and I can get my BT and have it fully stacked by 20 minutes into the game, and I just start hitting things crazy hard.

Bunny King

09-04-2010

let her push a lil. and when there is like 1 or 2 creep left while they are attacking your tower, jump on them and shoot(ulti) her to ur turret, as far as possible in the direction of ur base, and exhaust her. Do ur 3rd skill on her too so she aint healing much. tower will attack her too when they hit u or when there is no enemy creep left. always works like wonders.

take exhaust and teleport. it helps. XD imma seasoned tris but now i main amumu.

Bunny King

09-04-2010

for my item, doran's blade and a mana potion at start. keep farming till u have 2250. enough to buy a BF sword and a vampiric septer. it MAKES a big difference. REALLY big like what Furfag says. then according to the enemy types, adjust ur build accordingly.

Xarysa

09-04-2010

As far as countering sivir I can give you some solid advice.

Early game her primary nuke is her throw obviously, the range is deep but its a fairly slow skillshot. The cooldown is pretty short but once she dumps that her only other source of damage is auto attack.
Second is her spell shield, the cooldown is pretty long so faking her out into using it then waiting for it to ware off before actually engaging her is key to success early game before you carry too hard for her to win regardless. Remember, everytime you fake out her shield she wastes a lot of mana she needs to push and farm. Everytime you pop it with your E, she gains mana and can push you harder.
Finally Ricochet, all you need to do to avoid this is use trists superior range and farm seperate from your creep piles. This is dangerous because if your only last hitting (like a good trist...or mid in general) your going to end up closer to bushes. Thankfully trist has great escape. Be mindful of possible ganks from the bushes, dodge her skillshot, and fake out her spell shield and you will wreck sivir. Good luck!

TehRizzle

09-04-2010

Max Explosive Shot first.

Try to block her Volley by standing behind your creeps. Pack Ignite as it gives you very easy kills early game.

To harass, just walk up to them and shoot an Explosive Shot, and a couple of attacks. At level six, Rocket jump, Explosive Shot, Ignite, a couple of auto-attacks and a Buster shot can usually finish them off. Make sure you have enough mana to do so though.

AeonMax

09-04-2010

With Trist, I think harassing should be secondary to farming, but if you are set on trying to get that kill then watch and wait for their CDs. If Ashe just blew Volley (you were staying behind your creeps, right?) then you can come out and hit her with a few shots. Same with Sivir and her Glaive (you were watching for it and juking, right?).

Basically, wait for them to waste an ability trying to harass you, and then counter harass with superior range. Once you've whittled down their health to 25-35%, look for an opportunity to use a W+E+Q combo. If you've got R you don't need to wait until they're at low health, just look for an opportunity to jump behind and knock them into tower range (W+R+Q+E).

BTW, Trist can push as hard or harder than Sivir and others if she gets a Razor. Turn it into Wriggles and she has staying power too. Only problem is it does delay IE, though her farming/jungling is substantially faster and compensates a bit.

AeonMax

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unr3alAnGeR View Post
Ashe is easy enough. Sivir is a pain, but manageable. But laning against Kog is a *****. He outranges you by a mile when he wants early, and can just push push push.
Actually, I find the new Kennen more annoying than Kog. He's got good range, and his W+E combo lets him push fairly hard without taking any damage from Trist. His laning in general is very strong now.

MoreCowbell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

The general tip with trist is to wait till there are few minions then to jump on them and explosive shot and auto attack. Most players will run away and not counter attack