Why is Teemo bad? (Can I see theorycrafts and not anecdotes?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T3kn0man

09-04-2010

It's not that hes bad. It's just that compared to other single target dpsers he falls behind. His blind is great for harass and later use on carrys, and his mushrooms have their uses but either of his builds (Ap or AD) compared to what other champs (Ez, Kayle, ect) can do is lacking. He needs gear from mid-late game far ahead of what they can do with less to do an equal amount.

Again, hes not bad...just not as prefered. With the current metas in place he doesn't contribute as well.

Eltrotraw

09-04-2010

Range has a big factor as well, Teemo doesn't really have much of a lengthy poke outside of Blinding Dart to really contribute in teamfights, unless extremely fed

And unlike Trist/Ashe/Corki he can't really do much else in teamfights aside from Blinding Dart, autoattack and praying that the enemy runs into one of his mushrooms.

Am I missing something here?

I'll give Teemo some merit: He is a decent counterpick character to autoattack champions like Yi, but outside of that, I don't see much utility to his character. His only CC are a blind and a trap that requires people to walk on top of(which usually doesn't actually go off very often in team fights)

Baculus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

It's because there aren't enough skins.

ThuggleS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

Teemo is UP.

So is Urgot (not early/mid, but late).

Doesn't mean you can't do well with UP champs if you have skill.

I currently win the majority of my Urgot games and don't have a SINGLE negative K/D Ratio in my entire recent games list.

But he's still UP....

DoransTroll

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
Range has a big factor as well, Teemo doesn't really have much of a lengthy poke outside of Blinding Dart to really contribute in teamfights, unless extremely fed

And unlike Trist/Ashe/Corki he can't really do much else in teamfights aside from Blinding Dart, autoattack and praying that the enemy runs into one of his mushrooms.

Am I missing something here?

I'll give Teemo some merit: He is a decent counterpick character to autoattack champions like Yi, but outside of that, I don't see much utility to his character. His only CC are a blind and a trap that requires people to walk on top of(which usually doesn't actually go off very often in team fights)
I would say that this resonates really well with my view of Teemo. I'll say I'm satisfied enough.

Other than that, I have seen a lot of "his AD build is not as good as other AD"..and when you actually tally it up, it seems to me that he has the same damage as everyone else. This is why I requested to see the math, rather than "he's worse".

IamGrimm

09-04-2010

Burst Teemo is win.
DFG and Lichbane and nuke someone down.

JunkRamen

09-04-2010

Do you really need math?

-Short attack range combined with weak survivability
-Weak team fight contribution (blind was already meh even when there weren't as many "carry casters")
-Mushrooms are good, but wards do the same thing without taking a champion slot (and yes, the saved ward gold doesn't make up for it)
-No steroid, so low DPS if built as carry
-Only one practical nuke, so low DPS if built as a mage

Mushrooms are cool, but even those are countered by Oracles + careful movement. Even more of a joke is that Miss Fortune is going to have a passive that's better than Move Swift in a lot of ways.

Unclesoppa

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
Do you really need math?

-Short attack range combined with weak survivability
-Weak team fight contribution (blind was already meh even when there weren't as many "carry casters")
-Mushrooms are good, but wards do the same thing without taking a champion slot (and yes, the saved ward gold doesn't make up for it)
-No steroid, so low DPS if built as carry
-Only one practical nuke, so low DPS if built as a mage

Mushrooms are cool, but even those are countered by Oracles + careful movement.
His passive is a steroid

yeah....

Honshu

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTrippy
What say you? ;o
Nice win/loss bro

Teemo is terribad because he has all the weaknesses of a ranged carry but none of the strengths. Decent carries have a way of pinning down enemies, enhancing damage, and/or have good escape mechanisms. Tristana has her jump and attack speed boost. Ashe has her stun and her snaring arrows. Twisted Fate has a stun and supreme ganking powers, and so forth and so on

Teemo brings skills to the table that are either unwanted or worthless. His shrooms give jungle control. Dandy, but what competent team doesn't have wards? His blind neuters carries. Great, but it doesn't KILL them, which is what wins games. The only people it truly ****s over are squishy melee carries, and no one uses squishy melee carries anyway because Riot hates squishy melee carries. His Run Fast skill (or whatever it's called) is great during the laning game, but is wholly unreliable during team fights. And then all you have left is his passive poison, which may be *nice* when the first tick of damage is instantly applied on each hit, but for now is just awful

TLDR: Other auto attack champions provide better damage, have better ways of actually killing people, and whose ultimates aren't replaced in practical usefulness by wards. If you're playing in a competitive environment, the only reason you'd want to go Teemo is if you were up against a team of squishy melee carries

BlackDestruction

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTrippy View Post
Oh really? Teemo is useless?

- Proof?

http://i55.tinypic.com/2dtt66a.jpg

What say you? ;o
I know you did not just post a ss with that w/l record and that k/d/a score.