A Customer Concerned About The LoL Installer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lina Perverse

09-04-2010

Hello Riot...im just curious and concerned about the installer of LoL
example at this thread..

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=80928

even the PMB+LoL installer in the downloads section is 800MB+ too..if riot keeps releasing new champs/maps and etc it will be over 1GB +

some people dont want an installer of 1GB or something since they're on slow connections(i know 56KBPS still exists)

my question is..."Is RIOT gonna shrink down the installer In the future or what?"

i cant imagine in the future that we have an installer of LoL over 5GB+...

P.S NOTE: dont want trolls comments about "hurr durr get a better connection" or "your ISP sucks bro"

thats all i just want any of RIOT team what is their stand about this...

Visch

09-04-2010

Even if the installer was smaller you'd have to go through updates to play anyways.
If you have that bad of a connection, don't play please.

I'm tired of playing with people who d/c randomly then get killed and come back saying "I WAS LAGGING MEN HUEHUE"

Sabnitron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

Edit: Nevermind, I misread your post.

The Phoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

The only way to make the game more compact is too completely remake the game with another program instead of Abode Air. It is already too late though.

huhwhat

09-04-2010

Most games are over 1GB, and with the move towards digital distribution I'd say they have a pretty small game.

As far as the connection goes, you can't be serious about a 56kbps....

edit: If you're serious about online gaming other than something like Microsoft Hearts, you're going to need a broadband connection, even if it's the slowest one available. *Especially one that requires reflexes and timing (as in, non-turn-based).

Lina Perverse

09-04-2010

@visch

im not that on 56KBPS connection..in fact im concerned about those people still in 56KBPS playing LoL(Im on broadband anyway and the problem is fixed..im not lagging anymore nor DC)

the installer is way too big though...

MetalHev

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Perverse View Post
i cant imagine in the future that we have an installer of LoL over 5GB+...
WoW installer: 10gb
Lineage installer: 7gb+
Sacred 2 installer: 20gb
Neverwinter Nights 2 installer: 3-4gb
PS2 isos: 2-4gb
Pretty much any online game after 2008: >1gb

If you have 56k connection, get a better one. I live in a 3rd world country and we have 8mbps speeds readily available, MUCH MORE than enough to download all those things.

Visch

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHev View Post
WoW installer: 10gb
Lineage installer: 7gb+
Sacred 2 installer: 20gb
Neverwinter Nights 2 installer: 3-4gb
PS2 isos: 2-4gb
Pretty much any online game after 2008: >1gb

If you have 56k connection, get a better one. I live in a 3rd world country and we have 8mbps speeds readily available, MUCH MORE than enough to download all those things.
and that's not even after updating the game.

I haven't updated WoW in like 2 months and my client size is 17.7 GB, wait till cata.
incoming another 7gb

MetalHev

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visch View Post
and that's not even after updating the game.

I haven't updated WoW in like 2 months and my client size is 17.7 GB, wait till cata.
incoming another 7gb
Lol yeah.
"Weeee another 2gb patch so fun."

Korpzer

09-04-2010

actually tons of places in the USA still can only get dialup, unless they have satalite internet, which has limits to how much you can use it so isnt good for gamingf.

anywhere you cant get cable television you cant really get a good internet. so anywhere in usa thats rural or worse. which is a lot of the country. but thats because usa is a large country. so your 3rd world country **** doesnt work cuz ur countries probably the size of a city here.