Stop calling Darius OP

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azukai

Senior Member

07-16-2012

He does recover easily but he more or less punishes teams who make really stupid mistakes once they get out of laning phase imo. Just team played a game with him, got raped top by a jax, but the enemy did stupid mistakes such as getting caught 3v5, bad positioning, ect and I was able to catch up along with my team.

Played another game before where I laned against a darius as ezreal, absolutely shut him down, and post- laning phase my team didn't make any serious mistakes that would give him an opportunity to catch up, so he ended up building tanky and remained quite useless throughout the rest of the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyPrettyPwny

Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azukai View Post
He does recover easily but he more or less punishes teams who make really stupid mistakes once they get out of laning phase imo. Just team played a game with him, got raped top by a jax, but the enemy did stupid mistakes such as getting caught 3v5, bad positioning, ect and I was able to catch up along with my team.

Played another game before where I laned against a darius as ezreal, absolutely shut him down, and post- laning phase my team didn't make any serious mistakes that would give him an opportunity to catch up, so he ended up building tanky and remained quite useless throughout the rest of the game.
Naturally, if your team is stomping theirs, then Darius probably won't have the opportunity to use his ult multiple times in a teamfight. Nobody's arguing that Darius can 1v5.

However, even when you DID shut him down (ezreal DOES counter darius very nicely in laning, since he's slow as heck), and forced him to build tanky or die, he still remained a danger to your teammates in teamfights. If anyone got low on health, he would still have the opportunity to execute them, with very little chance of them being able to save themselves (his ult also refreshes when it fails to go off).

Thus, while you avoiding feeding him, and your teamwork didn't give him the opportunity to abuse his execution mechanic, it doesn't argue against the case that he gets far, far too much out of it, and can't be 'shut down' in lane to the point he's ignorable like other bruisers can be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azukai

Senior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPrettyPwny View Post
it doesn't argue against the case that he gets far, far too much out of it, and can't be 'shut down' in lane to the point he's ignorable like other bruisers can be.
I agree with that, he does get a lot out of his kit. But i really think it just comes down to the teams. Out of the many matches i've seen him (Silver elo where i play), I never really felt there was a match, win or lose, that darius brought to the team. He contributed as a champion but didn't dominate. I just got to hold true to what i said before that it just comes down the players on the team. If your players are gonna let the enemy team set your team up into a situation where he can get to your carries and rape them with his kit, then you kinda got outplayed, where as if your team plays well then hes just another champion to deal with, massive kit or not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenzuki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

07-17-2012

Darius in his Current form can win any lane without really trying. His Q dmg needs to be lowered and his passive scaling with ad (.3 ad bonus magic dmg) is rather dumb. at level 1 with 15 ad he hits you two times and that's 36 dmg over 6 seconds. It also stacks up to six times to take that's 108 dmg at lest if he gets 4 autos off and 2 Qs. He had a base dmg of 70 (with a ad bonus of .7) on his Q which makes it so he does about 80 dmg per Q if he has 15 ad from runes/mast. That is if its point blank with the handle. If they are hit with the blade that's 140 dmg. 2 Qs + passive +ignite is almost all ways a fb against any top lane. That's easily 458 dmg from that, all the while he can be getting autos off refreshing the passive. His W give a bonus of 120%-200% dmg. His pull while being shot, is the perfect range to where most can't hit him without being pulled, making poking really out of the question on most champs. Now to his ult 120 true dmg at rank 1 of ult (.75 ad bonus). Now lets say our Darius hasn't backed yet, he still has the bonus 15+ the 17 ad from getting to 6. so hits ult gets another 24 dmg with the extra 20% from hem his ult can be anywhere from 160ish dmg to a max of 368 dmg. That's true dmg. The fact that that people are trying to say he is not "OP" is insane. The fact that this champion is still playable is crazy because of the fact the only true counter to him is kiting. The few top lanes that you can do that against him, one mess up and its a instant loss lane. The champion can build a philo into heart and still out dmg any top lane. Riven/malp and a few other bruisers CAN hold their own against him, but the fact still remains that only the strongest of the current top meta lane can even handle this champ.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

Senior Member

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzuki View Post
Darius in his Current form can win any lane without really trying. His Q dmg needs to be lowered and his passive scaling with ad (.3 ad bonus magic dmg) is rather dumb. at level 1 with 15 ad he hits you two times and that's 36 dmg over 6 seconds. It also stacks up to six times to take that's 108 dmg at lest if he gets 4 autos off and 2 Qs. He had a base dmg of 70 (with a ad bonus of .7) on his Q which makes it so he does about 80 dmg per Q if he has 15 ad from runes/mast. That is if its point blank with the handle. If they are hit with the blade that's 140 dmg. 2 Qs + passive +ignite is almost all ways a fb against any top lane. That's easily 458 dmg from that, all the while he can be getting autos off refreshing the passive. His W give a bonus of 120%-200% dmg. His pull while being shot, is the perfect range to where most can't hit him without being pulled, making poking really out of the question on most champs. Now to his ult 120 true dmg at rank 1 of ult (.75 ad bonus). Now lets say our Darius hasn't backed yet, he still has the bonus 15+ the 17 ad from getting to 6. so hits ult gets another 24 dmg with the extra 20% from hem his ult can be anywhere from 160ish dmg to a max of 368 dmg. That's true dmg. The fact that that people are trying to say he is not "OP" is insane. The fact that this champion is still playable is crazy because of the fact the only true counter to him is kiting. The few top lanes that you can do that against him, one mess up and its a instant loss lane. The champion can build a philo into heart and still out dmg any top lane. Riven/malp and a few other bruisers CAN hold their own against him, but the fact still remains that only the strongest of the current top meta lane can even handle this champ.


Just no.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eng3ndro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

07-17-2012

no sustain, item dependant, a lot of solo top can beat him. He does a lot of damage, but at the end, a good cc trash him


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orgoth

Junior Member

07-17-2012

He's not OP he just makes you see the flaws in your gaming don't be so reckless and Darius is just like a baby completely harmless I've faced him a lot and i hardly ever die just play smarter


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swiftblood

Senior Member

07-17-2012

Never lost to a darius while i was playing warwick or wukong...normally get a 2-3 level lead because i can harass and kill him so often


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EzraTwitch

Senior Member

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikimiller View Post
You're argument that he isn't OP is that there are a small subset of champions that are capable of not getting completely trashed by him?

You do realize that is sotra the definition of OP, right?
No the Definition of OP would be NO champ counters him. As it is many, many, many champs counter him. And the ones that don't can just wait for him to push the lane then get free kills when the jungler comes a calling.

EDIT: Oh yea and I forgot, have your support build a Zekes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlavenMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-17-2012

The real problem with Darius is that a lot of people who play solo top tend to feed, and then you'll have a hard time winning even if everyone else does well.

TLDR Darius makes it easier for one bad player on your team to screw everyone.


1234567 ... 9