The meaning of "kill stealing"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sara Leah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

KS = Kill Secured. a dead enemy = always good.

if they think its anything else just put them on ignore.

Best Luck Always =)

Quote:
Panzerfaust .... 4) 'Kill stealing' is only something inexperienced players (or selfish players) worry about. It's the same as the player who only plays a single role then gets mad when they don't have a tank or support.
This is a team game, Teamwork wins games. 1 v 5 not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post

Either way... <inb4 Sara quoting me>
lol i only quote it because it could not have been said better. =D

Churel

07-15-2012

I've often wondered this myself. This is a team based game. You're competing against the other team to destroy the nexus or capture the nodes, not against your team mates for kill count.

I'm often the carry and I've gone whole games where I had nothing but assists because I'd have a bot down to the point where its death was imminent and then someone playing Warwick or Master Yi would come out of nowhere and finish them off. Doesn't bother me a bit because I still get paid and it's usually a relief because it usually means I don't have to worry about the Ryze snare->Ashe slow->Shen taunt combo I often get hit with.

Vek17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Random note on "kill stealing", there are 2 Champions who should attempt to kill steal as much as possible in teamfights and they are AP Yi and Katarina (This is because they get a cooldown refresh from kills allowing them to do significantly more damage in a fight)... other then that kill stealing isn't really a thing

Fox Knows Best

07-15-2012

I dont ks and if i do its an accident. I dont worry about ksing when its done to me (unless i need the gold bad) I dont care if people ks. Its a team game people seem to worry about ksing just so they can have an over the top amazing game.

MoreMedz

07-15-2012

There are two aspects to the act of KS.

First, the person getting the kill obviously receives more resources. It is more preferably for the carry to get the extra gold, but it is also very important to secure the kill without letting the enemy get away.

Second, there is the element of intention. Accidents happen, and most people have no problem with a support scoring a kill or two in an engagement. What is a problem is when people go out of their way to make sure they get the kill, to the detriment of their team.

For example, unacceptable circumstances of KS can include:

• When your team member is fighting the enemy, you wait for your team member to die first, then pounce on the weakened enemy.
• When your team has dropped an enemy to a critical level, you save your burst ability just for the purpose of taking a kill.

Basically, an accidental KS is a mistake that should be avoided, but not at the expense of limiting your gameplay.

An intentional KS is an attitude problem that is actually quite disruptive to teamwork, and no one playing a team-based game should adopt this approach.

CTore118

07-16-2012

Thank you all-looks like about everything that I thought was true. I needed some confirmation like this. A couple games ago I was Ziggs and got yelled at because bots kept walking through my mine field with no health. I had about 19 kills to the rest of the teams combined like 15 so I was like what am I supposed to do of curse I am going to get kills! It put me over the edge to make this post! Glad to hear of some people's similar problems and opinions on this-much appreciated.

mrocznykiciak

07-16-2012

IMHO the problem is with "bot game", this game are specific, ok if you want to try new champ or just get your win of the day reward, but to often there are like hunting season, and there is no difficutly at all so people instead of playing are looking for having "top kills".

The other issue, is that some players are just different and are not familiar with fun or "other players are human to" concept, and lack of self estime so they need cover their uncertainty with big kill score. Ignore this poor souls.

In normal play none good player will ever call KS, as long as enemy is dead alies win.
However, its mostly beneficial if the final kills goes to AD/AP carry champions (as long as they are decent) since more gold for them means more killing power in future. Tank/Support can do well with less gold.

If you ever happen to play jungler, you may even give a kill to the lane. (even if it was mostly your work)
It will be easier for lane to keep the advantage laiter.

On the sidenote: Never brag about your bot game score, since nobody cares, and bots are easy to kill.

bluemoonprncss

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTore118 View Post
I am relatively new still, and play pretty excusively against bots for now. With that said, often see teammates post in chat about kill stealing and people get really angry...

My question is two fold. First off, what constitues a kill steal? To me I feel like a teammate standing in the brush not helping in bot lane only to jump out and kill an ignited champ with 10 health left is a "kill steal". Other than that I'm sick of people complaining about it when the guy accused (occasionally but not usually me) is just doing more damage, timing things right, getting lucky, etc. as in normal team play.

My second question...who the hell cares??? If it's a team game and a teammate gets a kill and you get an assist isn't that good enough? Aside from the previously mentioned case where it is meant to be annoying or bad team play, is it really somehting I need to make sure I don't do ACCIDENTALLY? If I am tanking am I SUPPOSED to let my AD carry get the kill so he can feed even when it might result in the enemy getting away?

I am just a little confused and frustrated because I don't know if people are really just as petty as they seem, only wanting to pad their own stats, or if it's something thats seriously important. Bottom line I have no problem wearing down an enemy so a teammate can get a kill, but I will pretty much always go for a kill if I think I can get it unless a teammate is 100% assured of it already. Is that so wrong?
lol i used to wonder about this as well but in my case people apologize for ks me. i play ashe mostly/exclusively and usually i get the most supports, not the most kills. when ppl apologize for ks me, i usually question who the hec* cares, a kill is a kill, just make sure to kill. now i understand that a carry should get a kill but yeah i dont care that much, getting a lot of support is fine by me lol

also another note, i used to play bots exclusively until i got to lv 22 bc i made some good friends and they encouraged me to pvp. i noticed in bots, pvp yelled and raged about ks more, not once i have seen it in pvp (i only win like 30 pvp games but still). one time there was this kid (i call him kid bc with his attitude he couldnt have been more than 10 yo) who kept shouting at ppl who got into his lane (mid) i was morgana and i had to take top bc he wanted mid. fine by me, but then when ppl came to his lane to help him or whatever, he yelled and wanted everyone to get out, stop killing my minions stop ksing, things like that, he even threaded to report everyone and he said he is friend with some riots or whatever and all of us would be banned. i wonder if that is some riot's kid or something. i lmao the entire game.

bottom line is, who the heck care, a kill is a kill. dont worry about it. ithey are just some immature kids who like to show off his killing spree to some pretty girls he is trying to score or whatever. it's what i think and its LAME lol

CTore118

07-16-2012

"bottom line is, who the heck care, a kill is a kill. dont worry about it. ithey are just some immature kids who like to show off his killing spree to some pretty girls he is trying to score or whatever. it's what i think and its LAME lol"

Hahaha...awesome.

Pentakill Jones

07-16-2012

Don't worry about kill stealing, it's a game that is a team effort to win so as long as their dead, who cares.