Elo hell, myth? or fact?

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crech

07-15-2012

Oh, the "elo hell" discussion again. I'm at 1200 elo, which is exactly where I deserve to be. If you're at 1000 elo, or 800, or whatever, that's where you deserve to be as well.

People are so delusional about their skill level that they actually can convince themselves that their teammates are less skilled than their opponents - even though hard statistics and logic says otherwise.

It's kind of cute.

Skylight21

07-15-2012

Yo dawg i sell u elo. Pm me in game

X plicit 1

07-15-2012

FACT: we all start at 1200 elo. if you're stuck around the starting elo (1000-13000) expect to get a lot of people with less than 100 ranked games played. from persoan experience people at 800 elo are better than a lot of players at 1000 elo due to the fact that they have the experience and have gotten past the fact that they think they're gods gift to LoL and have stopped blaming everyone for their mistakes

Skylight21

07-15-2012

I have been playing in 800 yeah its hard but not impossible to carry. I got 10-2 with a penta twitch. I sell elo btw add me.

K4jove

07-15-2012

hey guys my college were in strike for the past 5 month so yea i played alot of ranked , after 40 games i was at 700 elo, i thought i didnt deserved it , i was way better than every1 else, but man i was hella wrong , yea sometime i had amazing game but even if i carried almost all the games i wasnt that good , wasnt a good farmer, cudnt counter their farm, didnt know how to focus ( which all the adc in elo hell cant focus )

But right now after 300 game i can say im out of elo hell im at 1200 atm and its going up REALLY fast, SO YEA IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET OUT, and i can tell im WAY BETTER than i was, actually elo hell is REALLY good, it shows you what u need to do in every aspect.

So for everyone in elo hell i have 3 things to tell you :

1) If u want to get out of this elo u need to be able to fill everything your need to, stop saying i can do just adc or top... if u cant fill the 5 spot YOU DESERVE TO BE IN ELO HELL

2) Stop fighting around, this is the worst u can do in elo hell , everyone rage quit or stop trying so fast, if u want to get out of elo hell just mute the people who are fighting for nothing

3) If i did it u can do it too , it is really hard to get out but keep trying and do not stop

Sam Is Whoa

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizzlepeez View Post
Ok but howd u get in elo hell in the first place? Its cuz u fell to the elo u deserve
Agreed but when you're at a low elo you can get better and your teammates not cause you to stay at a low elo because it is a team game.

I started ranked and i was not even close to good at this game and fell to an elo in the 600's. I am now above 1000 but its taking a long time.

Elo hell exists but you got there for a reason and you need the patience and teamwork to pull yourself out. Most ppl in elo hell are immature and have little to no teamwork skills and just flame for 40 min after first blood. Well timed encouragement and wards go a very long way.

Fluffyknowsyou

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMetal View Post
FACT: we all start at 1200 elo. if you're stuck around the starting elo (1000-13000) expect to get a lot of people with less than 100 ranked games played. from persoan experience people at 800 elo are better than a lot of players at 1000 elo due to the fact that they have the experience and have gotten past the fact that they think they're gods gift to LoL and have stopped blaming everyone for their mistakes
I lol'ed at the 13000 part,but I agree with this wholeheartedly.

HartZ71

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Man, down votes. Down votes everywhere.

Very little ranked experience here, yet a few things that I already know to be true.

-A: Yes, you deserve your Elo. I can almost guarantee that if you made a smurf, got up to 30 and had the same everything, you will end up around the same Elo you are at now.

-B: You have better chances at not getting a troll that the other team, thus every single game you have an advantage. Your team has 5 people. You are the only known variable, the only known non-troll. Thus you have 4 potential trolls on your team. The other team has 5 potential trolls on their team, because they have no known variable, IE they don't have you.

-C: You're not as good as you think you are. I know that when I'm doing well, I feel like I should be top of the NA servers. Then I play like **** the next game. And it reminds me I'm not as good as I think I am.
This.

Import3d209

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicPhilosopher View Post
I have to ask one question. What is your win/loss ratio in ELO hell? Not the overall, though if you have spent very long in there, then it would be the same thing.
If it's 1:1, then it isn't ELO hell at all, it's the system working as intended.
well put it this way. im 1116 elo. and my win lose is 206-191 correct me if im wrong but i thought 1:1 was about 1200. in other words placement games elo change too stronk

Import3d209

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Agreed but when you're at a low elo you can get better and your teammates not cause you to stay at a low elo because it is a team game.

I started ranked and i was not even close to good at this game and fell to an elo in the 600's. I am now above 1000 but its taking a long time.

Elo hell exists but you got there for a reason and you need the patience and teamwork to pull yourself out. Most ppl in elo hell are immature and have little to no teamwork skills and just flame for 40 min after first blood. Well timed encouragement and wards go a very long way.
so true my friend. so very true. wards and team work win low elo games. names and bad mouthing do not.

example #1 bot lane is getting wrecked by this leona graves. lux and ez just cant farm with out fear of death being swung in by that leona graves burst.

solution #1 call over the jungler and maybe mid for a 4 person gank. tell the jungler to get a oracles and to burn the flash if can. after 1 min come back but call mid lane over for security.

example #2 bot lane is gettin wrecked by trist and taric. poor vayne and lulu cant even sustain one combo from taric corkie.

solution #2 mid lane calls bot lane a bunch of noobs and feeders. jungle trys to help but gets wrecked too. (not much of a solution lol)

so witch would be better for the team? seeing how its a team game.

1234567 ... 11