[GUIDE] Vladimir - The Crimson Reaper of Transylvania!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nylian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2010

1: Q
2 :E
3: W
4: Q
5: Q
6: R

I think you should go like this:

1: Q
2 :E
3: Q
4: W
5: Q
6: R

inmho.

It's a minor change but it keeps your Q at lvl 3 hitting hard, generally sanguine pool isn't used much until 6 anyway, at least in my experience.

MagicPawah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2010

I personally think its better with Ignite and Flash summoner spells.
Flash is a great escape spell, I get the least deaths with it.

stickblade

08-10-2010

I'd suggest not using Glyphs for Magic Pen but for Dodge or HP, much better use of runes.

Igresh

08-10-2010

When I play Vlad I get:
Warmog's Armor; Meija's Soulstealer; Sorcere's Shoes; Force of Nature; Zhonya's; and either Omen or Abyssal Scepter.
Of course I usually start with the pendant, then get soulstealer and the shoes before working on Warmog. Helps. XD

I end up with around 4k HP and decent HP regen, and 500+ AP. So I end up being really hard to kill but doing good enough damage that I can take on an enemy team.

PinkPuppeT

08-12-2010

Played him to day and i got to say... with this guide i did some dmg... 17.4.11 and im not lvl 30 and im not a good player. Plus i really did like the steady way to build him start with some dmg improvement then some hp then some dmg and hp and so on. really did like this build i give it a 5/5

thank you!

Dominus

08-13-2010

abyssal scepter. try it. love it.

oR JSTeo

08-24-2010

Hey guys, I really want to thank u for this guide. Has been really useful to me. I was just wondering, is a sorc, Rylais, Warmogs, Zhonyas, Spirit visage a good build?? Any suggestions?? Knowing that im very likeable to mid... Thanks for the response...

LeWolf

08-31-2010

Ok as a vlad player... my personal preference is this....

Skills : Q/W + R.... reason being lowering CD on pool is great.... pool melts creeps.... and with a belt of giant strength will just melt mage mins, wolves, and the pack of 4 mobs.... and the more you can use it the better... its good for filling up health also.... it also lets you be extremely annoying to battle you in lane. If you pop pool all the time .

As for my item build... its all dependent.... usually I get Growth... and I know its not the best.... but it allows me to stay in my lane pretty much indefinately.... if you face a tough opponent (rarely happens) that growth + Q will keep you filled if you play passive.... but if your agressive then you can sit in middle of their mobs and try to keep them from getting any kills.

As for future items..... well.... I like to get boots and magic pen ones.... that lets me be fast enough to help gank... usually I shop around lvl 7-8 unless I get ganked... or strong mid. After that.... sometimes Ill get belt to be able to melt waves better with pool.... and then I usually get scepter, then ring.... then depending on the game... I build either more AP, or I start to swap to more defences depending on opposition.... the pendent can be turn to the magic resist armor.... or can be sold if not wanted.

Bombast

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWolf View Post
Ok as a vlad player... my personal preference is this....

Skills : Q/W + R.... reason being lowering CD on pool is great.... pool melts creeps.... and with a belt of giant strength will just melt mage mins, wolves, and the pack of 4 mobs.... and the more you can use it the better... its good for filling up health also.... it also lets you be extremely annoying to battle you in lane. If you pop pool all the time .

As for my item build... its all dependent.... usually I get Growth... and I know its not the best.... but it allows me to stay in my lane pretty much indefinately.... if you face a tough opponent (rarely happens) that growth + Q will keep you filled if you play passive.... but if your agressive then you can sit in middle of their mobs and try to keep them from getting any kills.

As for future items..... well.... I like to get boots and magic pen ones.... that lets me be fast enough to help gank... usually I shop around lvl 7-8 unless I get ganked... or strong mid. After that.... sometimes Ill get belt to be able to melt waves better with pool.... and then I usually get scepter, then ring.... then depending on the game... I build either more AP, or I start to swap to more defences depending on opposition.... the pendent can be turn to the magic resist armor.... or can be sold if not wanted.
Too many things wrong here. Pool should never be used for creep killing. NEVER. A Vlad who pops sanguine for anything other than player killing/escape will be targeted as soon as they come out of pool, if their playing against someone who has even the vaguest understanding of Vlad. You have to remember, there are quite a few people who wont fight Vlad early on because they know they can't get you. If pool is on cooldown, they will take the chance and beat you to death with it.

As for item build... Zhonya's is useless untill you have about 80 AP, and even than their are much better choices for the price. Generally speaking, if you're going full AP, you should be going Scepter, Void Staff, Abysmal Scepter, and than Zhonya's (Though the game should be over by now), only going to Ring after Void if the opposing team is not buying MR.

Regrowth pendant is not too bad for Vlad in the beginning, but I find Doran's Shield and a Health Pot works much better, or if you're confident you can roll your lane opponent, a Tome and a Health Pot.

Keziki

09-01-2010

If you can't maintain at least 10 stacks with vlad after buying the mejai's then you are playing him wrong. I don't see why people get haunting guise, spirit visage etc. It doesn't help in any way shape or form in my opinion.

Another thing, why do you use your ult after you spam your skills? Seems a bit stupid to me. R>E>Q>W> ---------- HAS GOTTEN A PENTA KILL! Just happened to me last game. Honestly not trying to troll you or anything, I just see people that build vlad so terribly wrong to be idiots and should stop playing the hero. I roughly have 800 ap end game.