Finally, Wich class are you ?

Carry Lanner 59 34.50%
Assassin or Jungler 61 35.67%
Tank 26 15.20%
Support 25 14.62%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

How to Find your class.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScruffyZe

07-12-2012

Hey I just want to point out that even though these are roles described in the game by riot these are not the true roles. Since you have listed more that 5 roles it is impossible to have all these roles in a game . The 5 main roles are AP mid, Solo Top, Bot Carry(ranged), jungler, and support. Yes there all roles.like yours described but are usually filled by one of the main 5 roles. Just watxh some high Emo and u will never see someone call a Tank or a Assasin. Just some usefull tips for you

TheStandalone

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffyZe View Post
Hey I just want to point out that even though these are roles described in the game by riot these are not the true roles. Since you have listed more that 5 roles it is impossible to have all these roles in a game . The 5 main roles are AP mid, Solo Top, Bot Carry(ranged), jungler, and support. Yes there all roles.like yours described but are usually filled by one of the main 5 roles. Just watxh some high Emo and u will never see someone call a Tank or a Assasin. Just some usefull tips for you
true I will correct that , I wanted to do a guide for the beginers to teach them which ''basic'' role they were. It is true that you will never call someone assassin , since it is the job of the jungler ...

TheStandalone

07-16-2012

Bump need feedback !!!

Ur little sister

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStandalone View Post
true I will correct that , I wanted to do a guide for the beginers to teach them which ''basic'' role they were. It is true that you will never call someone assassin , since it is the job of the jungler ...
Actually, an assassin is something entirely different in LoL than "the jungler", or "the job of the jungler'...

You're just referring to ganking junglers I feel, as subclass of junglers that typically have strong ganks, and often have trouble transitioning into the lategame. Archetypes of current strong (early) ganking junglers are Shaco, Lee Sin, Alistar and Nautilus.

Actual assassins are typically squishy champions designed to shine in the midgame. They are mobile and excell at taking out squishy champions and getting out safely. Their largest weakness is often having trouble with cc and tanky dps. Archetypes are Leblanc, Katarina, Akali and Talon. Most of the "pure sang" assassins are mere subcategories of the "AP carry" thing, though recently there's been an uproar of the "AD caster" type assassins.

About your descriptions of the classes:
- AD carries. I don't get why you're advising them to build "a balanced tree between offense and defense". They tend to build the lowest amount of defensive items in the game. The reason they do so is because them being ranged allows for them to build pure offense, using the fact that damage multiplication outscales defensive multiplier stats in LoL.

- Mid laners do not necessarily gank sidelanes. Many players who don't play mid at all expect it because they get destroyed by it sometimes. However, it's a risky move for an AP carry to perform, and it's success rate is extremely determined by how well bot lane is doing and how smart they are playing. The resources you have to invest and chance of success also depend largely on the champion you're playing.

- I don't get why you mention assassins as separate "type of champion", but leave out so many other suboptions (support jungler, ganking jungler, anticarry, peeler, initiator, roamer, solobot, AD caster, combo mage,...)

- Junglers. A LOT of champions are capable of jungling since S2. I feel there are almost more possible jungling champions than other roles since the jungle remake. I don't really get why you claim there are only few champions that are really effective at it. I mean, even the "top tier picks" feel more numerous in jungling than in other roles. Or am I missing something?

- Tank. From your description, it's something that hasn't been played since halfway through season 1 when players realized that ennemy players weren't computers and actually knew how to "not attack you". That, and 2 of the 4-ish champions who could actually pull it off (Shen and Rammus) got nerfed, 1 got out-meta-ed (Galio), and the last one (Amumu) was a top jungle pick until the roaming meta, which hurt him hard. I might be misunderstanding what you mean by "tank", and also why you differentiate it from the laning setups.

- Support. You describe it as a role for "not offensive players" (like tank). However, with Riot having spent the last year or something constantly nerfing sustain options and trying to promote agressive actions in botlane, I'm not so sure you're really on-spot with your claim.

- To finish: you suggest players who answered "no" to everything go practice by playing coop vs AI. I'm not so sure you actually learn much from coop vs ai. I don't think bot games offer you much of anything except maybe mechanically learning how your champion's skills work.

Sorry for the negativity, but it just seems as if you're either a beginning player who doesn't see a/the big picture yet, or the post you made here is very unclear and I'm misunderstanding / missing a lot of stuff.

GuiFrnandes

07-19-2012

Well, I can't answer your Poll because I play Support/Tank. Yes. Support AND Tank at the same time.

Second: Why the hell did you put Jungler and Assassin together? For example: Malphite is an excenlent Jungler, but he doesn't have that "one shot, one kill" attack power like Akali or Shaco.

NeptuneBacca

05-22-2014

for the support role, What if I am some of both?

Lord Khaoz

05-23-2014

Pretty interesting guide but my favorite supports are poppy and galio, not sure how you would classify them as neither fit either archetype you described , poppy is an assassin type while galio is a jack of all trades because he can be tanky/ ap support.

Orabel

05-24-2014

This is cute, but.

It doesn't cover any of my Ahri builds. I harrass a lot, but she sure isn't a tank..
Unless I'm missing something? Ahri?!

Mistechal

05-25-2014

okay so I couldn't not directly say yes to any of those really I can say yes to part of multiple ones but not yes to every part of one.