@Riot: Trundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zzn010

07-12-2012

U just bad

MisterWeez

07-12-2012

Bump

Joshmvii7

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakooo View Post
My biggest problem with Trundle is how easy it is to escape him. People just blink/flash over the pillar and he's sorta screwed.

I mean if the enemy didn't have flash or a blink, he's very, very effective. But if they have a blink/flash, Trundle is no threat :/
Almost every jungler in the game has their ganks thwarted by a flash. Your first gank of each lane in a game is pretty much there to blow their flash, so when you come back it won't be up. Obviously you want the kills, but it's not like Trundle is the only jungler who can't catch an enemy who flashes when he ganks.

Ideally, your laners will jump on their opponent early and get them to burn flash to avoid death without the gank, then you're good to go.

I think Trundle is fun to play, his biggest downfall to me is his abilities all feel very passive, including his ult, which while powerful, doesn't have any oomph to it the way most people's ults do.

The Cpt America

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmvii7 View Post
Almost every jungler in the game has their ganks thwarted by a flash. Your first gank of each lane in a game is pretty much there to blow their flash, so when you come back it won't be up. Obviously you want the kills, but it's not like Trundle is the only jungler who can't catch an enemy who flashes when he ganks.

Ideally, your laners will jump on their opponent early and get them to burn flash to avoid death without the gank, then you're good to go.

I think Trundle is fun to play, his biggest downfall to me is his abilities all feel very passive, including his ult, which while powerful, doesn't have any oomph to it the way most people's ults do.
Good discussion going here guys, but and maybe his abilities do need to be looked at as well, but for now i really truly believe he is fine. In fact, he can even counter darius 1v1 top! However, despite this, he will fall off late game because of his slow animations His Q just drops dead late game because you lose so much damage from just AAing. It would be liker if Jax's empower made him stop attacking then reset his attack animation each time, his damage would be gimped.

Joshmvii7

07-12-2012

It sounds like you're misunderstanding what an auto attack reset does. It sounds like you think it should be auto attack -> bite -> instantly auto again. That's not how these things work. The way they work is that they reset your auto attack timer.

So it does allow you to get 2 attacks in instantly, you just have to time it the other way of what you're thinking. You auto, then instantly hit bite and you will hit the bite(which is a 2nd auto plus bonus damage), then your auto attack timer is reset and you will attack again when the timer comes up.

It's not meant to let you auto, bite, then auto again instantly. It's used the same way you use Shyvana's bite and other on hits. You just time it right after your last auto and you are getting extra attacks at basically no cost.

The Cpt America

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmvii7 View Post
It sounds like you're misunderstanding what an auto attack reset does. It sounds like you think it should be auto attack -> bite -> instantly auto again. That's not how these things work. The way they work is that they reset your auto attack timer.

So it does allow you to get 2 attacks in instantly, you just have to time it the other way of what you're thinking. You auto, then instantly hit bite and you will hit the bite(which is a 2nd auto plus bonus damage), then your auto attack timer is reset and you will attack again when the timer comes up.

It's not meant to let you auto, bite, then auto again instantly. It's used the same way you use Shyvana's bite and other on hits. You just time it right after your last auto and you are getting extra attacks at basically no cost.
Yes, but you do see what im saying? Riot changed it along time ago where almost every hero can do an ability then auto attack again. An example of this is tristana's E, where she can auto attack, E then auto again right after. Same example i used in my first post on page one, Irelia can auto attack, then Q again then auto right again after.

Grevenis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

I don't understand complaints about his E...it's an amazing ability, your team-mates just have to be able to take advantage of it. Everything else, however, is true. Trundle doesn't have good team-fight presence, and he doesn't have the dominance in lane/duels to make up for it after the release of a lot of other Champions. His Ult is deceptively strong in duels but when you compare it to other bruiser ults it just doesn't really stack up in the important team-fight situation.

Shannoko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cpt America View Post
Yes, but you do see what im saying? Riot changed it along time ago where almost every hero can do an ability then auto attack again. An example of this is tristana's E, where she can auto attack, E then auto again right after. Same example i used in my first post on page one, Irelia can auto attack, then Q again then auto right again after.
Trundle can auto, bite, then auto, but his bite animation is like 0.5 seconds So you have to wait for your attack timer AFTER the animation finishes. So sad :c

EyceAether

07-12-2012

Removing/reducing his cast times on everything but his pillar/ult would make trundle so much more viable its not even funny...

Also, if you go top lane with trundle and take a full armor/mr page with some lifesteal quints and defensive masteries. You are NEVER going to die, and you have the ability to hold the lane just outside of your tower range indefinitely. You also secure some really amazing ganks.

IMO Trundle is one of the best at freezing the lane and setting up ganks for your mid/jungler, I don't play him in the jungle anymore.

And putting him in lane means you get to farm up a stupid amount of gold, grab an early GA and Triforce, and win teamfights by simply running in and getting focused down. People will wait for you to come back alive, and will be so intent on focusing you down that by the time you resurrect, your team has killed 1 or 2 of them and you just got 200-400 health back from nowhere. And since you're tanky as ****, you don't die.

The Cpt America

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grevenis View Post
I don't understand complaints about his E...it's an amazing ability, your team-mates just have to be able to take advantage of it. Everything else, however, is true. Trundle doesn't have good team-fight presence, and he doesn't have the dominance in lane/duels to make up for it after the release of a lot of other Champions. His Ult is deceptively strong in duels but when you compare it to other bruiser ults it just doesn't really stack up in the important team-fight situation.
I don't think people are reading my posts *~* i am not complaining about his abilities, just the casting animations that really mess his damage out put up ;(