Champion Sneak Peek Zyra, Rise of the Thorns

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Netherlife

07-10-2012

Lol butt rash! She of all champs should know poison oak when she sees it!!

edit: Haha, didnt see your comment hah! What are the chances.

Besteality

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holycleave View Post
How does being a gay male have anything to do with that topic? The majority of the people complaining about the sexualization are women because it's portraying a negative body image. The difference between the guys in this game and the girls is there's gragas and urgot. There isn't a large woman to counter the giant boobs big ass stereotype of LoL females. Im a guy so I'm not complaining im just explaining
I'm commenting because it could be argued that because I don't care about the sexual nature of women, my view is at least somewhat objective. I'm not pretending to understand the plight of women or make a commentary on how they do or should feel. It's merely another perspective.

And while there may not be a large women to counter the sexual ones, there are yordle and creature equivalents. (see lulu and Anivia)

Hell...personally I'd say be thankful that riot sees women so fit to include. The most my people have gotten is the implied nature of Taric and maybe Ezrael.

Let's not even talk about the omission of virtually any African Americans.

My point is that that there is always a reason to be offend if you look for it. How about we all just chill and play the game and whatever you don't like.....don't play?

MaroBaro

07-10-2012

dat azz

Xquirtle

07-10-2012

Ahhhhhhhh dat azzzzzz MMMMM

Hiicantpk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Inb4 Rule 34'd

SkinnerBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

From what you can read, it looks like a buffed Yorick.

yesponys

07-10-2012

that's not all that will rise

James Gravy

07-10-2012

I'm all ears

kaotics2075

07-10-2012

so has no one else noticed that Cho'Gath, Kog'Maw, Anivia, Blitzcrank, Fizz, Galio, Malphite, Maokai, Nocturne, Nunu (at least just the sasquatch), Rammus, Skarner and Xerath are all pretty much naked... granted this new champ has very little clothing but look at those I just mentioned and stop mentioning Zyra as if she was a piece of painted meat. Grow up and stop acting like a horny teenager. Also, for those ladies that think this is demeaning towards women, look at Gragas, Urgot, Tryndamere, Ryze, Pantheon, Lee Sin, Brand, Cassiopeia and Alistar... most of them are men and they all wear less clothing than Janna. Stop complaining about the art and enjoy the game... If you dont like her art, dont play her and just queue dodge when someone picks her.

Flana Scarlet

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Only two have scantly clad natures, and that's because their source material (Nine-Tails in Korea, Nymphs/Dryads in classical fantasy) feature that trait. I don't think this is a big deal.
If I can, just for a second, ask something. While I know that Zyra and Ahri are the two most overtly sexualized champions, I don't think that means Riot hasn't been putting too much emphasis on sexual characteristics.

For example, Fiora. She's a good champion and dress well, but in her default splash art the focus is mostly on getting her butt and her chest out. There's too much emphasis on it (And I dare ya, try and stand like that for a minute or so. I sure can't!) and it just goes counter to what the character is. Instead of Fiora being portrayed as a fighter or arrogant noble, she's displayed in an overtly eye-catching manor.

My problem with Zyra is that she isn't a Nymph overtly, she just looks like a naked female (from behind), and not an aspect of nature. It pulls away from what she's supposed to be by going that far for appeal.

And a second question, but this one is more for general discusion, why does everyone list Shyvana as a non-sexualized female champion? Her armor is a plate-metal bra and some weird pants-skirt armor, outside of her gauntlets the rest is open skin. Unless we're talking about Ironscale, which is insanely good, no contest.