3 laners Vs 2 laners + jungler

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abjurant

07-10-2012

me and my friends do it, having the top laner (the solo) having SMITE so we can get easy dragons, but not actually leaving his lane too much. i have a bot with a carry potential such as rumble and someone who can protect him, such as malphite..''

i mean thats usually what happens but sometimes we just get bored and don't really follow that. 3 people and no 'real' jungler is better because jungle is hard to keep up with bot lane being so hard to gank, so theres no real worth of it.

Shentok

07-10-2012

Jungling provides a huge advantage yes, but it's so difficult to jungle at the moment for people who are unfamiliar with twisted treeline. The way the camps spawn makes it based on a lot of luck who has the advantage.

Sessamo

07-10-2012

It's a huge advantage if it goes right, but mistakes or misplays are really heavily punished by the enemy team. The extreme power of Wriggles on the Twisted Treeline means that camps become super rare after a short time.

Eager EH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
Right, the jungle is hard, but the benefit you got from having a jungler is SO large. An AD like Yorick (who has lots of poke and decent sustain) or Olaf (who scales pretty hard with levels on his E and has poke/sustain) can usually handle the 2v1 lanes, albeit with a slight CS disadvantage.

Do you guys disagree that jungling provides a huge advantage?
Well, taking smite means you have to surrender a summoner spell that could be an ignite or an exhaust.. which are extremely good in the small fights you'll be having. Unless the enemies are incompetent, you'll probably get first blooded/dove a lot if you lane solo bot. If you can make it past early game, then having a jungler is beneficial. But 3v3s are (almost) always over in the first 5-10 minutes, which is why my friends and I just do 3 laners.

xXxXxNINJAxXxXx

07-10-2012

Quote:
Right, the jungle is hard, but the benefit you got from having a jungler is SO large. An AD like Yorick (who has lots of poke and decent sustain) or Olaf (who scales pretty hard with levels on his E and has poke/sustain) can usually handle the 2v1 lanes, albeit with a slight CS disadvantage.

Idk how much its changed in the last month or two, but back then, only a handful of champions could jungle effectively.

But besides that TT is just so imba that it doesn't really matter.

Lertan

07-10-2012

My team usually just runs 1 bot, 2 top. At level 3, one of our top laners moves to jungling, coming to lane while camps are clear to keep up on xp/gold.

This is not because early jungle isn't worth it, but because of how few champs can cope with jungle straight off - none of which works with our play style.

We've found our way works fine. We keep up warding so that if the enemy team has a jungler, or decides to go clear a camp - we know about it and can react as needed.

I think another part of the risk for junglers is that there is so little on each side that the jungler can handle at level one, that for optimal gains, you need to cross the line into the enemy side. This is fine if they have no vision, and you make sure to keep an eye on their position. Being so far out of position, particularly at the first few levels, is risky business.

Those that can jungle well, tend to be amongst the ones that are naturally very strong in TT anyway. That is, typically, AD bruisers. That horrible mix between tankiness and dps. Champs who escalate very quickly, usually get a few levels because they can clear camps very quickly, and have good kit for ganking.

Lord Graves III

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Quote:

I think the main problem is that less than 10 characters can viably jungle on twisted treeline.

It has to be someone who could handle the old SR jungle, and not use blue buff. These stipulations hinder team comp BIG time.

At least I would imagine. Don't play much TT anymore :P

DreamsOfGrandeur

07-10-2012

It's a matter of meta-progression.

TacoStorm, I'm not sure when you joined Riot, so I'll assume you don't know.

2 years ago, Jungling as a full-time role was not something people did.
It took monthes of pros doing it, along with much help from Stonewall's youtube videos, before Jungling became standard.
Solo-tops were often expected to lane against two people, which was hard - And people don't like hard stuff.

With fewer players, Twisted Treeline naturally progresses more slowly as a meta. Jungling just isn't standard over there. It's still at the "that's one way to play that map" phase.

There are probably ideal lane roles too on TT, just like how Summoner's Rift now focuses on Carry + Support Bot.
But, they're no where near that, because people can't experiment consistently enough.

Enceph

Senior Recruiter

07-10-2012

I think jungling can provide a huge late game advantage in Twisted Treeline (TT), but only if it isn't countered early on. Having a jungler can potentially give your team more ganks and more farm, but in my experience effective warding at the start of the game can easily shut down a team with a jungler.

My 3v3 teams run an ad carry and support top lane, and the support wards top jungle and red buff right at the start of the game. Here are a few ways we've found that these early wards can give you a huge advantage over a team with a jungler:

1. Wards warn you about ganks. If a jungler can't gank, half his usefulness is gone.

2. Following from 1, if your two person lane isn't afraid of ganks, then they can safely zone their lane opponent away from the creeps. If done well, this tactic can deny the solo lane more experience and gold than the enemy jungler is earning, making the jungler even more useless.

3. Wards can even let you gank the jungler. Many times my team has seen a low health jungler run past a ward and then ambushed him at his next camp.

4. Red buff and the top jungle are typically warded by both teams throughout the game; by having your wards up first, you get to know if and when the enemy team wards. If you know red buff isn't warded, then the ad carry and support can easily shove to tower and gank bottom lane.

TL;DR Early wards counter junglers.

NicknameMy

07-10-2012

Well, but lategame, if you couldn't shut down top lane, a Jax jumps on your ad-carries head and he dies pretty quickly.

123456 ... 8