Lux's Laser is BUGGED.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arutairu

07-09-2012

Bump... Im a Lux main, always wondered why lazer never hit sometimes. Good to know its not just me.

Chiuy

07-09-2012

Is this why i always miss my kills?!

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

07-09-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I took some time to look into this. From what I have observed, the red indicating laser, when it is shot at an angle (not straight up or straight down) is slightly distorted as to where the actual spell lands because of the view angle you have as a player of the map. This might be what is happening with multiple skill shots.

So, what is happening is the laser is actually missing, but it looks like it lands.

I'm going to be looking into this and hopefully come to a resolution. Thank you guys for your patience.

Misentro

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I took some time to look into this. From what I have observed, the red indicating laser, when it is shot at an angle (not straight up or straight down) is slightly distorted as to where the actual spell lands because of the view angle you have as a player of the map. This might be what is happening with multiple skill shots.

So, what is happening is the laser is actually missing, but it looks like it lands.

I'm going to be looking into this and hopefully come to a resolution. Thank you guys for your patience.
If that's the case, could you please extend the range indicator so it fills the whole line and doesn't look like a global ult? It's not that long of a range and it would really help to be able to see the width along the whole line.

ArlanKels

07-09-2012

This reminds me of an old bug al ong time ago which was the exact same thing.

It ended up being due to latency caused between Riot Servers and you, and how what you see on the screen is inaccurate to what the game really is.

now if they're standing absolutely still and you're still missing them then you have a biiiig problem....

Not to mention if foxfire is doing no damage then that's a huuggeee problem given that it's an auto-hitting skill.

ragiev79

07-09-2012

Dannamoth, also, graves buckshot is also off at a slight angle as well.

joshiez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misentro View Post
If that's the case, could you please extend the range indicator so it fills the whole line and doesn't look like a global ult? It's not that long of a range and it would really help to be able to see the width along the whole line.
The crappy range indicator on Lux's ult is the only reason I don't play her more often.

Res0lu7ion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

Quote:

So what you're telling me is lux's ult indicator is off the ground? Seriously? I've missed so many kills because of that?

Mirror

07-09-2012

Quote:

Any chance at addressing the particle vs. hitbox alignment on similar spells with "wide" art? It's particularly bad on Nidalee's Javelin, Caitlyn's Peacemaker, etc. Basically any skillshot with fat particles.

pwntifex maximus

07-09-2012

Lux' laser if you cast it but she dies during the animation, it goes on cooldown and doesn't deal damage and the sound effect still plays like it fired. Very disheartening to get half the successful effects but no damage.