Even SR players despise Darius and want him nerfhammered.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lopretni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

I just thought I'd say that if you play Darius, you ruin the game for other players. I seriously wish death on you.

DiscworldDeath

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopretni View Post
I just thought I'd say that if you play Darius, you ruin the game for other players. I seriously wish death on you.
I seriously wish you'd rethink the way you express yourself, and even sit down and think really hard about your emotions, and control thereof.

Panwar

07-09-2012

I basically never feel if I have been killed by Darius that it was because his OPness just made it impossible for me to win. He has his niche in which he is very good, but he has severe weaknesses as well. I don't even play him often anymore because of those weaknesses. While you can really put the hurt to other meleers, he is completely at the mercy of most ranged champions that are halfway competent.

Lopretni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
I seriously wish you'd rethink the way you express yourself, and even sit down and think really hard about your emotions, and control thereof.
Go back to reddit, please. I think those carebears will care about someone saying mean about Darius players, who literally ruin games I play. I deserve to at least comment on how much I despise them. You can't take that away from me, but you're more than welcome to whine like you're someone who matters.

Naoya

07-09-2012

I want to see a high elo ranked player comment on this. Imho I think Darius is very good, but not OP in competitive play. It's because he's so easy to play, its a low-skill champ character with very high reward. An average player could probably get some good doubles or triples in a normal game.

In ranked where I am at (1450+) which isn't that high at all, Darius gets fked over easily if he gets picked first, just because there are so many champs that are overlooked that counter him (ex. Kayle is a complete nightmare against Darius).

This is usually what happens,
1. Darius doesn't get banned.
2. Team gets super excited and first pick Darius
3. Other team hard counters
4. Darius loses lane easily, underfarmed, underleveled etc. (granted that both sides get equal amount of ganks in)
5. Darius get's CC'd out or just simply snared in team fights, and can't really fulfill his purpose of going for carries just because he's been under-farmed the entire game

Edit : Just realized this is the Dominion Forum, in which case Darius thrives to his full potential in Dominion and can easily come across as OP, in which I agree. However he is completely different in SR and is not really OP at all.

Shaboinker

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
The only SR players I see complain about Darius are the ones at low elo, where he pubstomps. Darius is massively hindered on SR by his low mana pool.
This guy is right. The low elos give him downboats tho

Shaboinker

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfire447 View Post
Ah but you see, he can 1v1 Jax.

And Jax doesn't get doubles, triples, quads nearly as easy as Darius does.

Once Darius gets his first kill with his ult, it is pretty much a guaranteed quadra.
I think jax beats him 1v1 same item gold also jax if left alone in a team fight does more dmg overall.

DiscworldDeath

07-09-2012

Naoya, look at lolking.

http://www.lolking.net/news/new-char...-champion-bans
8th most banned champion across all Ranked at NA, eu-ne and eu-w, with about 25% ban rate.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/darius#statistics
Here you can see his statistics, for all ranked, and for Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum only.
They don't aggregate it, it's by day, and it is also dependant on games retrieved. So take it for what it's worth.

Naoya

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Naoya, look at lolking.

http://www.lolking.net/news/new-char...-champion-bans
8th most banned champion across all Ranked at NA, eu-ne and eu-w, with about 25% ban rate.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/darius#statistics
Here you can see his statistics, for all ranked, and for Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum only.
They don't aggregate it, it's by day, and it is also dependant on games retrieved. So take it for what it's worth.
Yes? What are you trying to prove by this? I just looked over all the banned champs statistics.

According to these statistics alone, and I'm assuming that you also agree that Darius is OP, then that means Twisted Fate, Malphite, Morgana, Nautilus, Ahri and Shen are even more OP, again according to these statistics alone.

And just based on experience, I can go on ALLLLLL day about how Alistar is arguably one of the most "OP" champion in League of Legends right now compared to Darius, even the statistics show that, but no one really makes complaining threads about Alistar compared to Darius.

Also I looked into Ahri specifically, and she has a much higher percentage of win rates in Platinum compared to Darius, and she is 5th most banned champion, however many players don't complain about her being OP, yet there are so many threads such as this claiming that Darius is OP.

So I still don't even know what you are trying to prove? I said he is a very good champion, he has a low skill cap, which doesn't mean that he isn't good, it just means that somebody can pick up Darius much faster than say, ex. Shen. I mean to say that he is not over-powered in that he completely throws the game out of proportion, and completely dominates team fights and is unstoppable which is totally not true.

DiscworldDeath

07-09-2012

I'm not trying to prove anything. You wished for information, I pointed you at information.

You know...
Just do with it what you want, information can be taken in any number of directions and used in any number of ways.