What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,455 26.88%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,161 34.61%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 954 10.45%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 398 4.36%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,729 40.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9133. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

07-06-2012

lol Also.

As for the entire money thing- there's an easy solution. Buy some Riot stock.

Dorryza

07-06-2012

aaaaaaaaaaand a bump

Dorryza

07-06-2012

bump?

imbearygood

07-06-2012

Honestly, i hate that there's even 10 free characters. Then again, I own most characters and whenever i see someone playing a free character, there's always that chance that they will have not read up and wont have a clue what they're doing.

Obi Wans Cheese

07-07-2012

I don't know if this was suggested (there are too many pages to go through).

I reckon having the 10 champions is good as is - I generally really only have the time to try out one, maybe two, per week to better learn their ins and outs, especially when playing viable solo top/jungle champions like Shen or J4 (most recently) because these champions simply have more things to find nuances with in early game to speed up farm, ganks or what have you (I started playing sometime between the Lulu and Varus patches if this makes any difference to your impression of me).

However, I do agree, to some degree, that the 450s should be made free. The way I would suggest doing it though is to make them all initially free, but have something like only getting to use them 5 times before they become locked and you have to buy them. The 5 games give a decent taste for the champion without giving too much away. The 5 games also give ample opportunity to build up the IP for them.

And of course, all the 450s would be taken out of the free rotations to give the more rarely appearing champions like Akali or Karma more of a go.

This doesn't really stop Riot losing any money with the 450s (who buys them with RP anyway?) and it also fulfills their goal of allowing new players to try out easier champions.
It would potentially allow Riot to make more money because more of the more expensive champions come on rotation more often, giving them more exposure, and thus a greater probability of being bought.

Just my two cents.

Dorryza

07-07-2012

@Beary: solution: go play ranked. You can't use free champs that you don't own there.

@Obi Wan: The 450 rental idea actually has been put out before. I personally like the "give it to them until level 10/15" but your idea also has some merit. I'll look into how effective it might be.

Dorryza

07-07-2012

bump

Dorryza

07-07-2012

another bump

Dorryza

07-07-2012

bump

get dat birdman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wans Cheese View Post
This doesn't really stop Riot losing any money with the 450s (who buys them with RP anyway?
There are the champion packages that include something like 20 champions, several of which are 450 IP champions. So, I would imagine that plenty of people purchase them with RP, even if they don't purchase them directly with RP.

That said, I could get behind the idea of free for a limited time.