@Riot and @"Can we have ____ champ?" threads, This is what we REALLY need...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonmaw Dragon View Post
Yes we need a Dragon champion.... and we have a bear....also 1 old man
I like your name, fellow Twisted Treeline player .

And yes, we need a true dragon, you have no idea how many people raged at Shyvana's release lmfao.

-Community asks for Dragon champion
-Riot listens
-Riot releases half-dragon half-lizard female champion
-Community's mind blown

Jakiro's the perfect example of a TRUE dragon... And I simply love his lore and theme...

Sigh... I wish DotA 2 heroes were playable on Summoner's Rift and balanced to our gameplay mechanics. Their heroes seem full of life, creativity, seriousness and mystery...

HonomonMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

you forgot more BOOBS

Celebi

Recruiter

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezgul View Post
Looking at fantasy games in general, of course you're going to see typical looks.

Old, wise men are fairly common. As are giant spiders. (We get to thank LOTR for both.)

But for a MobA, and especially LoL, those looks or themes are -very- untapped. We have -one- old guy, Zilean, and he is underwhelming. And no spider or spider related champions what-so-ever.

It's not so much about introducing variety to the fantasy genre, but about introducing variety to the game.
+1

Old wise men are mostly mages or sometimes even warriors/fighting masters.

Giant spiders are almost everywhere, Harry Potter (Aragog), Lord of the Rings (Shelob), Broodmother (DotA 2).

The themes I suggested are so common, I don't get why some people are surprised I suggested them... Makes you think they're hypocritically talking about fantasy games without knowing fantasy creatures...

AndrewRogue

07-05-2012

Quote:
If we wanted a demented gladiator, why make him human? Why not a mutant? Kind of like how gladiators faced Manticores and some were sent in a labyrinth where the Minotaur resided, as punishment for crimes according to Greek Mythology.
So the exact same character, but A MUTANTWHOAMG!!1!1!, is suddenly more interesting? Honestly, that's just lazy design.

Eh. We're never going to see eye to eye, and that's fine. You like the aesthetics of rawr monsters everywhere, I don't. That's cool. I do wish you'd quit pretending that characters are inherently less interesting because they walk around on two legs.

Celebi

Recruiter

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghatai View Post
Didn't read thread -

To the OP - I personally don't like the aesthetic you are championing. I bought Darius and will buy Jayce and would have bought Draven if he fit my playstyle because I also like their aesthetic. One of the main reasons I won't buy Varus is because I don't like his look.

I would not have bought those champs if they had the aesthetic you are championing.
Didn't read the thread? Then how can you have an opinion about my thread and how could you know how to respond if you don't know what I'm talking about?

You're full of disrespect.

Get out.

Celebi

Recruiter

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRogue View Post
So the exact same character, but A MUTANTWHOAMG!!1!1!, is suddenly more interesting? Honestly, that's just lazy design.

Eh. We're never going to see eye to eye, and that's fine. You like the aesthetics of rawr monsters everywhere, I don't. That's cool. I do wish you'd quit pretending that characters are inherently less interesting because they walk around on two legs.
What's funny is that, I like humans just as much as monsters, sure, it may not seem like it now, but what could you expect, the human to monsters ratio in this game is atrocious....

I guess it's a fact we may not see eye-to-eye, but just so you know, I don't harbor any hate towards you or your arguments. The lack of monsters have made me the cluster of opinions I am now.

And no, I don't hate bipedal characters just because they stand on 2 legs and are human... If you look at my suggestions, most heroes there are bipedal, except for Broodmother (the Spider), Jakiro (the Two-Headed Dragon) and Outworld Destroyer (the Magic Centaur). So that's 3 out of 8 that aren't bipedal...

All I'm gonna say is, I love humans, I love monsters, but I'm sticking up for monsters more because 7/10 of champions in LoL are humans.

crusader050

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghatai View Post
Didn't read thread -

To the OP - I personally don't like the aesthetic you are championing. I bought Darius and will buy Jayce and would have bought Draven if he fit my playstyle because I also like their aesthetic. One of the main reasons I won't buy Varus is because I don't like his look.

I would not have bought those champs if they had the aesthetic you are championing.
Start reading the thread. -.-

Von Nicklesnout

07-05-2012

-Reads OP, sees Lycan-

My God, yes. If they added somebody in League who's older like Lycanthrope or even Syllabear, i'd get some respect back for Riot.

Nezgul

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by a rope of sand View Post
-reads op, sees lycan-

my god, yes. If they added somebody in league who's older like lycanthrope or even syllabear, i'd get some respect back for riot.
MY EYES!

What has been seen cannot be unseen!

Lajinn5

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
They're not suppose to be huge, but the size of his bow and his body type just don't seem that realistic, again, I don't mind Varus at all, I can actually cope with him pretty easily. I've always loved archers, I think the fact that he was released trying to be just another "Good looking young man" with a gigantic bow was bugging me. But overall, he's not that bad.

And no, I NEVER said I want all old men. And you're argument can be used against you, I don't want all teenage/young men wielding huge weapons one after the other.

And to be honest, you're in no position to tell me we shouldn't have more wise old men because the ONLY guy in the League that's old and wise is Zilean... He's the ONLY old man we have.

Last time I checked, fantasy games were composed of old wise mages, young swift archers, buff warriors and sneaky assassins...

Too bad our archers are pretty boys, all our warriors look like they weigh 10 tons, our mages are all sexy or disproportionately short, and our assassins are made up of almost all women... Smart.
The average longbow is 5-6 ft, Varus was a guardian of sorts so it makes no sense for him to have a shortbow, they're less powerful and lack the range of a longbow, they also required quite a bit of upper body strength to use.

Also, Darius's design makes sense for his character, he is a dog of war, his life is all about war, and he's one of Noxus's elite generals, being a skinny guy who fights with slim small weapons isn't a very good design for someone who pretty much leads one of the world's strongest armies

Draven, Draven is all about showing off, attention is what he wants, clothes showing off his physical features is what makes sense for him, he spends his time spinning axes and throwing them large distances, he has to have muscles to do that.

Draven and Darius are both executioners of sorts so they have to be strong, you can't kill someone quickly in one chop unless you have reasonable strength.

and Jayce, i can't really think up a defense for him, he's a scientist isn't he? I honestly don't see why a scientist is that strong physically