@Riot and @"Can we have ____ champ?" threads, This is what we REALLY need...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AndrewRogue

07-05-2012

Draven still pretty much has more character then... well. Everyone. People really should stop including him in these arguments. He's fairly stand out, both visually and character-wise.

FrostOrFlame

07-05-2012

I actually agree. We need more diversity in races.

Champions like Volibear. Riot can't say "Oh but we only make humanoids and yordles/meglings."

Spider Lady would have been a hell of a champ for example. If quit working on mostly human champions, I'd be happier, because it really feels like all the new champions look the same

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRogue View Post
Draven still pretty much has more character then... well. Everyone. People really should stop including him in these arguments. He's fairly stand out, both visually and character-wise.
Visually, yes, but what's new and interesting about a lunatic who kills for fun and comes to the League to kill for more fun?

I miss the champions that went to the League to become better and find greater foes: Wukong.

I miss the champions that were rumored to have been sneaked in the league only to kill their partner: Jax.

I miss the champions that sought strength from the League to help their nation in a different world in the skies: Kayle.

I miss the champions that were brought to the League by force and are constantly being experimented on to discover ways to kill them: Brand.

I also miss the champions that went to the League to find a cure for their misfortune: Trundle.

Come at me with Draven's more creative than what we have, I'll pump out some more champions that greatly stomp Draven's objectives and character.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-05-2012

Bump

Necrosis627

07-05-2012

Riot thinks that people don't like monster champions because monsters are ugly except the reason people don't like them is because most of their skillsets are terrible.
But no what this game needs is nothing but generic human characters with giant weapons and overpowered abilities

Woozl

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
I miss the champions that were rumored to have been sneaked in the league only to kill their partner: Jax.
Wait what? This is neither Jax's current lore nor was it his Beta lore.

On topic: Decrepit skin and bones type old man would be a fantastic champ, regardless of playstyle/role.

xFreshness

07-05-2012

I want more hot chicks. But honestly, I would be happy if every champion from here on out was a yordel. They should be recognized as the tiny masters of the universe they are.

AndrewRogue

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
Visually, yes, but what's new and interesting about a lunatic who kills for fun and comes to the League to kill for more fun?
Because we lack a gladiator type who is so ridiculously full of himself and absolutely loves EVERYTHING he does? Not everyone needs a deep motivation. That's horrifically boring. Draven believes he is awesome. Draven wants everyone to see he is awesome.

Style is just as important sometimes. Draven's bio quote is jam packed with character. You read that, you know how this guy operates and thinks. That's what I'm commenting on. Draven is an excellently characterized individual, and he is **** stylish.

Honestly though, none of the champion concepts you listed are more creative. They're actually fairly standard archetypes. Nothing wrong with that, of course (the devil is in the details and a so-called cliche character can be fantastically written), but calling any of those core concepts particularly creative is... questionable.

Celebi

Recruiter

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woozl View Post
Wait what? This is neither Jax's current lore nor was it his Beta lore.

On topic: Decrepit skin and bones type old man would be a fantastic champ, regardless of playstyle/role.
It's in his lore as well as the Journal of Justice, which isn't just made up lore, it is valid and interesting.

Read this part of his official lore:

["Before joining the League, Jax was an unremarkable soldier-for-hire. For reasons known only to the former leader of the League, High Councilor Reginald Ashram, Jax was put on the top of the list of candidates to receive a League Judgment - the interview process that either accepts or rejects a prospective champion. His Judgment was the quickest in League history, where the Doors of Acceptance glowed and slowly swung open as soon as it began. Jax faced no recorded Observation or Reflection during his Judgment."]

Now read the end of his lore ["For this reason, the new leader of the League (following Reginald Ashram's disappearance)"]

Then, go to the trivia, in the wiki, it clearly states: "Jax was placed into the League by High Councilor Reginald Ashram, the former leader of the League. Ashram went missing shortly before Jax's arrival.".

That part was taken from the Journal of Justice. Do some more reasearch

Hardbuttpounding

07-05-2012

I like that Spidery thing... I would main that with a Bruiser build.