@Riot and @"Can we have ____ champ?" threads, This is what we REALLY need...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AJL

Senior Member

07-04-2012

Already have the lore for an Old Buff dude.
(Generalization/Summary) "X Joined the League to show many people what he believes is the true fight. Surviving through the Runeterra wars he is one of the few who fought before the League formed. Now he brings the guerrilla tactics to the League from the Runeterra war. While many of the young champions challenged him within the first week to show off their strength all of them were swiftly defeated, some even asking for lessons."
Aka bad ass dude sick of "young heros" joining the League to show off wants to kick some ass.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
Already have the lore for an Old Buff dude.
(Generalization/Summary) "X Joined the League to show many people what he believes is the true fight. Surviving through the Runeterra wars he is one of the few who fought before the League formed. Now he brings the guerrilla tactics to the League from the Runeterra war. While many of the young champions challenged him within the first week to show off their strength all of them were swiftly defeated, some even asking for lessons."
Aka bad ass dude sick of "young heros" joining the League to show off wants to kick some ass.
Interesting, could use heavy refining, but the idea and passion is there.

Bump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
Varus = Huge Bow
Jayce = Huge Hammer
Draven = Huge Axes
Darius = Huge Battle Ax
Garen = Huge Sword

It's been done, it's boring now...
ummm....wtf.

Draven's weapons have been done and is boring? WHERE ELSE have you seen Draven's weapon being used? How many other games?! If they were simple tomahawks I can see your point, but have you ever zoomed in to look at his weapons? Have you ever SEEN how they work?!

As for Varus' bow, asides from the fact that it's literally a part of his arm, it's pretty standard in length as far as longbows go. Darius is predictably generic, but he's the first in a long long time.


Also, it REALLY hurts your argument when your opening post demand more champions that...

1st pick=Huge amounts of facial hair
2nd pick=Huge amounts of facial hair
3rd pick=Huge amounts of facial hair...and blue skin
4th pick=Huge amounts of facial hair


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
ummm....wtf.

Draven's weapons have been done and is boring? WHERE ELSE have you seen Draven's weapon being used? How many other games?! If they were simple tomahawks I can see your point, but have you ever zoomed in to look at his weapons? Have you ever SEEN how they work?!

As for Varus' bow, asides from the fact that it's literally a part of his arm, it's pretty standard in length as far as longbows go. Darius is predictably generic, but he's the first in a long long time.


Also, it REALLY hurts your argument when your opening post demand more champions that...

1st pick=Huge amounts of facial hair
2nd pick=Huge amounts of facial hair
3rd pick=Huge amounts of facial hair...and blue skin
4th pick=Huge amounts of facial hair
You come off as pretty deficient and imbecilic when you reply like that...

Draven's weapons are simply spinning axes, sure, the weapon itself is creative, in a way, but the character itself is not... I would've preferred those spinning axes on a shaman, hunter (kinda like DotA 2's Bloodseeker) or even a demon... But it ends up on the brother of the previous generic bore that also happens to be his brother and also a human... To be completely honest, Soul Reaver Draven in my eyes is cooler than Draven itself...

Varus' bow is fine, but with the character it's on... Varus is just slim and small... Looks weak, the theme is good, but I just don't wanna see the same concept again, next time, an armored bow-man will do... Not a half-demon with a pretty boy look and a gigantic fused bow, but okay, honestly, Varus is the least of the problem here, I can actually warm up to and like Varus.

But Draven, Darius and Jayce... No...

And this, this is why you come off as idiotic and ignorant, in my original post, I specified that we have the same young-adult/teenage champs that think they're worthy of being in the league.

I took the examples of the old men because the ONLY old man we have is Zilean...

If we're gonna have humans, make it INTERESTING.

Also, I just LOVE how you make fun of the 4th man having blue skin. "3rd pick=Huge amounts of facial hair...and blue skin", so Ryze doesn't have blue skin? Oh, and if I remember right, he also has almost the same amount of facial hair apart from the mustache...

Lmfao, please, just stop, I've seen you're name a few times in the forums, and as far as I've seen, your replies are never constructive, educate yourself in this game and other games, then come again and we could have another conversation.

Bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WolfieBlackheart

Senior Member

07-05-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
Varus' bow is fine, but with the character it's on... Varus is just slim and small... Looks weak, the theme is good, but I just don't wanna see the same concept again, next time, an armored bow-man will do... Not a half-demon with a pretty boy look and a gigantic fused bow
Gee and all along I thought Archers were supposed to be these really large and heavily armored titans known for their ability to take hits and not, oh I don't know, be agile and dextrous. Not to mention, Varus' build is already pusing it. He's more ripped than most people can ever dream of, he's anything but small or slim.


Quote:
And this, this is why you come off as idiotic and ignorant, in my original post, I specified that we have the same young-adult/teenage champs that think they're worthy of being in the league.
Unless you're a mage, I wouldn't trust a senior citizen with Darius' axe and not break his hips. I don't know about this weird fetish, but not every character needs to be old men covered with facial hair. Darius and Draven are themselves rather aged looking already.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBombshock

Senior Member

07-05-2012

Jesus, these forums are in a fit because we've had some lore based releases lately... Anyone even pay attention to the fact that there aren't any cat people in Runeterra? We've already gotten pretty much all of those monster type bases covered, we don't need to overuse them like Dota2 does. Skeleton: Sion, Karthus. Minotaur: Alistar. Dragon: Shyvana (some Riot posts I've seen hinted at wanting to make a full dragon champ as well). Living tree: Maokai. Beastial humanoid: Warwick, Renekton, Nasus. Demonic/arcane being: Kassadin, Morgana. I don't really know what the green guy is (nor do I remember his name), we don't really need him in game, we also don't need spiders, but we might get one or two at some point.

Varus is exactly what you're describing: a more "interesting" human. Darius and Draven were released in succession due to the devs wanting a lore based release. Jayce might be a "generic" human, but his kit would be hard to work in to any other sort of character. Let's focus on stuff that actually matters in the long run, gameplay, quality. Draven Varus and Jayce are all some of my favorite champions in the game, simply due to their increase in quality (animation and design) and unique kits. Draven took a new spin (get it? ) on the ranged AD global ult, and has a unique Q that I never would have thought of, and adds all kinds of fun to the gameplay of an AD carry. Varus adds probably only the second utility based AD carry into this game, and while he's relatively simple, I feel like all of his spells sync together quite well, and a well played Varus is quite a sight to behold compared to an average Varus. Jayce has, quite simply, the most variety in gameplay of any champion in this game. He's quite similar to Invoker in this respect, but he doesn't bring as much of a burden of knowledge. His ranged and melee kits might be separated, but they sync together in so many different ways he can seem like a different champion all together if played differently.

Now, Darius is a little simple, but that's what the design team was going for. At the moment, I feel he needs some re-balancing of his damage and mana costs/CDs. He's a little ridiculous, but he adds some simplicity that is honestly lacking in a lot of recent releases (That's a good thing, but simplicity is also needed, especially for newer players). Darius' entire purpose is to be a powerful, scary ass dude with nearly no other personality because he is simply a dog of war. Riot was very successful in this respect.

Now to snap back to your wants to round off this post, the monsters will come, and probably very soon (if not 101, then for sure 102). I want to say 101 is a female human (possibly monster-y), but 102 I'm almost positive is a monster of some sort.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WolfieBlackheart

Senior Member

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBombshock View Post
Jayce has, quite simply, the most variety in gameplay of any champion in this game. He's quite similar to Invoker in this respect, but he doesn't bring as much of a burden of knowledge.
You're literally the worst person


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Gee and all along I thought Archers were supposed to be these really large and heavily armored titans known for their ability to take hits and not, oh I don't know, be agile and dextrous. Not to mention, Varus' build is already pusing it. He's more ripped than most people can ever dream of, he's anything but small or slim.

Unless you're a mage, I wouldn't trust a senior citizen with Darius' axe and not break his hips. I don't know about this weird fetish, but not every character needs to be old men covered with facial hair. Darius and Draven are themselves rather aged looking already.
They're not suppose to be huge, but the size of his bow and his body type just don't seem that realistic, again, I don't mind Varus at all, I can actually cope with him pretty easily. I've always loved archers, I think the fact that he was released trying to be just another "Good looking young man" with a gigantic bow was bugging me. But overall, he's not that bad.

And no, I NEVER said I want all old men. And you're argument can be used against you, I don't want all teenage/young men wielding huge weapons one after the other.

And to be honest, you're in no position to tell me we shouldn't have more wise old men because the ONLY guy in the League that's old and wise is Zilean... He's the ONLY old man we have.

Last time I checked, fantasy games were composed of old wise mages, young swift archers, buff warriors and sneaky assassins...

Too bad our archers are pretty boys, all our warriors look like they weigh 10 tons, our mages are all sexy or disproportionately short, and our assassins are made up of almost all women... Smart.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBombshock View Post
Jesus, these forums are in a fit because we've had some lore based releases lately... Anyone even pay attention to the fact that there aren't any cat people in Runeterra? We've already gotten pretty much all of those monster type bases covered, we don't need to overuse them like Dota2 does. Skeleton: Sion, Karthus. Minotaur: Alistar. Dragon: Shyvana (some Riot posts I've seen hinted at wanting to make a full dragon champ as well). Living tree: Maokai. Beastial humanoid: Warwick, Renekton, Nasus. Demonic/arcane being: Kassadin, Morgana. I don't really know what the green guy is (nor do I remember his name), we don't really need him in game, we also don't need spiders, but we might get one or two at some point.

Varus is exactly what you're describing: a more "interesting" human. Darius and Draven were released in succession due to the devs wanting a lore based release. Jayce might be a "generic" human, but his kit would be hard to work in to any other sort of character. Let's focus on stuff that actually matters in the long run, gameplay, quality. Draven Varus and Jayce are all some of my favorite champions in the game, simply due to their increase in quality (animation and design) and unique kits. Draven took a new spin (get it? ) on the ranged AD global ult, and has a unique Q that I never would have thought of, and adds all kinds of fun to the gameplay of an AD carry. Varus adds probably only the second utility based AD carry into this game, and while he's relatively simple, I feel like all of his spells sync together quite well, and a well played Varus is quite a sight to behold compared to an average Varus. Jayce has, quite simply, the most variety in gameplay of any champion in this game. He's quite similar to Invoker in this respect, but he doesn't bring as much of a burden of knowledge. His ranged and melee kits might be separated, but they sync together in so many different ways he can seem like a different champion all together if played differently.

Now, Darius is a little simple, but that's what the design team was going for. At the moment, I feel he needs some re-balancing of his damage and mana costs/CDs. He's a little ridiculous, but he adds some simplicity that is honestly lacking in a lot of recent releases (That's a good thing, but simplicity is also needed, especially for newer players). Darius' entire purpose is to be a powerful, scary ass dude with nearly no other personality because he is simply a dog of war. Riot was very successful in this respect.

Now to snap back to your wants to round off this post, the monsters will come, and probably very soon (if not 101, then for sure 102). I want to say 101 is a female human (possibly monster-y), but 102 I'm almost positive is a monster of some sort.
REALLY?! OMG! PLEASE SAY IT AGAIN! SAY WE COVERED ALL MONSTER TYPES AGAIN! Here, I'll shut you down real quick:

-Kraken
-Orc
-Pure dragon
-Hydra
-Incubus
-Mutated Creatures
-Chimera
(Hecarim is a CENTAUR, I don't care if Hecarim is an anagram for Chimera)
-Beast Masters
-Beast Emperors
-Pet-based Champion
-More Egyptian Gods
-Harpy
-Cerberus
-Griffon/Gryphon
-Hippogriff
-Tarantula/Spider-Queen
-Pegasus
-Cyclops
-Leviathan
-Manticore
-Sphinx
-Beholder
-Balrog
-Satyr
-Behemoth
-Charybdis
-Basilisk

And no. When we asked for lore based champs, we asked for A LOT BETTER THAN 2 OP HUMAN BROTHERS FROM NOXUS!!

Here's a few examples of REAL lore based champs:

-Renekton/Nasus, another brother/cousin/relative from their world would've been fine
-Zelos, Irelia's older brother, who left Ionia for military duty
-Kassadin's Daughter, who's supposedly in the void thanks to Malzahar
-Aeon, time-themed champ that could have been related to Zilean or Urtistan (Zilean's home town).
-Ashe and Sejuani's third sister "Lissandra"
-Kog'Maw's Daddy
-Another warrior from Lokfar, could be related to Olaf, or related to Kegan Rodhe (Brand's current vessel, a man from Lokfar)

There was a LOT of space for creativity.... Yet we got Darius, Draven, and Jayce... Yes, that makes sense... ≖_≖

Sigh... Bump for lack of common sense some LoL players have...