The new lady announer sucks

Yes 22 44.90%
No 27 55.10%
I want to turn the announcer off no matter who it is 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

New Announcer

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scowndrul

11-10-2009

The announcments need more emotion behind them, and they also need to be less female. I really liked the idea of the champions making their own announcements too. Wouldn't mind hearing that.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingsRight

11-17-2009

I like her voice in a lot of instances but many times she just sounds uninterested. She's too "prim and proper" sounding for when there is a lot of action going on.

she sounds great for announcing when towers are destroyed and when a match begins and such but the "Double-Kills" and "killing-spree's" announcements need to have her "loose her cool" over it.. practially screaming with excitement. Kinda like an overly excited sports-announcer at a basketball game.

"AWW, SNAP!" "BOOM-CHAGA LAGA!!" "THAT! WAS ALLLLL NET!"

get what i mean?
though i dont want her to say those words. those are just examples.
may even have to get another voice if she cant do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scowndrul View Post
The announcments need more emotion behind them, and they also need to be less female. I really liked the idea of the champions making their own announcements too. Wouldn't mind hearing that.
Champions should just have a taunt they are allowed to say that has a cooldown of about 2 minutes so they can't spam it. and it would be said for all to hear. But not in place of the normal announcements.

update:> the more i play the more that female voice is starting to grow on me. i'm starting to not mind it so much. In fact some of her sayings are sticking in my head and i am starting to like it. How surreal it sounds. maybe it's cuz i am used to unreal tournament and killer instinct that i had doubts. She reminds me of the "wipeout" announcer for the playstation.

What would be nice is if we maybe had alternative announcers that would say the same words, but in various ways and with different types of voices. and then you go into the menu options to pick one of them.

or Perhaps if the sound designer could post a sample of several recordings from different voice actors to choose from we can do a vote in the PVP.net client. with a little icon of a speaker beside them that said "click to listen"
and beside that you can put a tick mark to select it to vote for and at the bottom a button that says "cast your vote"

then we see the votes of which voice is winning out.