@Riot: The attack speed stat is misleading for new players

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryrok

07-03-2012

Weird. I always thought the +AS from levels worked like armor pen, where you add the flat bonuses and the then percentage-based ones.

This new math makes me very sad. I'll agree with the OP, although I don't think this is an issue for new players, but rather an issue for intermediate players trying to become good ones.

lavalos

07-03-2012

I guess you are right, I have never noticed this, but I think it's a good change for everyone.

JJJNigel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryrok View Post
although I don't think this is an issue for new players, but rather an issue for intermediate players trying to become good ones.
noted. that's somewhat who i meant by newer players... players who aren't just grabbing the recommended items but are starting to learn all the different items in the game and starting to decide which ones they want to get, when.

JJJNigel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

happy 4th of july bump!

Scriblet

07-04-2012

I totally agree with this. As a veteran player with hundreds of wins, I didn't even know how this worked.

Teraxe

07-04-2012

seems fine to me, just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it is hard to understand, I figured out all the stats within 10-15 minutes of my first game ending.

If you are looking for confusing, check our armor pen, vs % armor pen Vs armor reduction vs % armor reduction. Granted those are easy to keep straight once you read about them, but hardly inutitive... what about CDR

if I have an ability with 100 second CD and get get a kindle gem(10% CDR) what is my CD on it?

what if I told you that I already had 20% CDR or 35% CDR or 40% CDR?

JJJNigel

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teraxe View Post
seems fine to me, just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it is hard to understand, I figured out all the stats within 10-15 minutes of my first game ending.
i really, really doubt that you fully understood attack speed the first game you played. this is because you literally cannot understand it as the game currently presents it unless you were keeping track of your "base" attack speed every level, or unless you have the LoL wikia open as you play. i doubt you did either of these.

JJJNigel

07-10-2012

bump

and to add to my earlier comment, all the things you mentioned (% armor pen, CDR, etc.) are easier to keep track of in-game once you know how they work. attack speed is still painful because you simply do not know how much built-in attack speed you have at any given moment. do you have +10% right now? +30%? +60%? unless you memorized what your base attack speed was at level 1 and then do the trivial calculation of, say, 0.835/0.648 or somesuch, you won't know.

JJJNigel

07-12-2012

bump for reds!

Yul

07-12-2012

"give me 55 AD, or a 55% increase in my damage"

stopped reading.

12345612 ... 13