[Guide] Twisted Fate destroying towers: A physical build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xirus

11-09-2009

Hahahahah, oh man, I wonder if TF could solo Baron at 18 with that build. That end game build seems way more fun!

I know wild card costs more mana per level, but it also does more damage per level. So I'm wondering if it does more damage per mana spent.

Although I am considering swapping malady in for the last whisper...

Vanakin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirus View Post

I know wild card costs more mana per level, but it also does more damage per level. So I'm wondering if it does more damage per mana spent.

Although I am considering swapping malady in for the last whisper...
Don't swap out last whisper for malady. You need that armor penetration to make your ganks even easier, especially if you're fighting a tank. Also think about getting a black cleaver to make you even more powerful against tanks and towers

Wild card uses more mana every time you level it and it does more damage every time you level it. And also don't use wild card until its level 3, because it doesn't really do enough damage until lvl 3 and you can use your mana for PAC more often to harass. Try this build,

Pick a card -> wildcard -> wildcard -> gate -> wildcard -> ult
Then build in this hierarchy: ult > gate > wildcard > pick-a-card.

Pick a card last because the stun duration doesn't increase and but the mana cost does, and you don't rely on PAC for its damage really. Keeping it at 40 mana cost ensures you'll always have a stun available every 5 seconds, if you are good at getting gold card.

Xirus

11-10-2009

Quote:
Throws three cards which deal 60/120/180/240/300
Cost: 40/55/85/100 Mana
Yup, it's mana efficiency does increase with level. Without AP, first level is 1.5 damage per point, second level is 2.18, third level is 2.57 damage per mana, fourth is 2.82, and fifth is 3.0.

Wooo, handy! As for the "don't go Malady", I think I agree. However, for black cleaver, I find I don't usually grab an offensive item for my last two items. AT that points, for gank assists, I have to buy at least a banshee's veil, or I'll die the instant I teleport in.

Edit: As for spell order, that is often the spell order I go in, but it depends on the matchup. Sometimes I want the cheaper wild card.

Knives

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2009

Consider trying out Rageblade somewhere in this item build.

AP, damage and attack speed, and it's pretty cheap too.

Xirus

11-11-2009

I had a look at the hybrid items, but I think if I were to go down that road, I'd err towards going all hybrid (tri force, nashor's tooth, rageblade, etc).

Bluff

11-11-2009

Don't forget a good Cardmaster is one that is alive, you should have some sort of defense item to augment the build. I suggest banshee's veil, because it gives you health, mana, MR, and a much needed spell shield. It's also extremely inexpensive for all it offers.

Xirus

11-12-2009

The guide does mention Banshee's Veil to get the assorted items. Against other players, you have the following possible scenarios:

Early/mid game: ganks here will generally be with one other teammate. You're squishy, but so is everyone else at this stage of the game. Survivability items are not crucial.

Late game 4v3 or 3v2: Basically, you should only be involved in team fights if the enemy team has 3 or less people, and if you outnumber them. Otherwise, there's probably a better spot on the map for you. Thus, you don't need the survivability, since you typically just teleport in to clean up ganks.

Late game by yourself: The main survival strategy for this build is to avoid combat entirely, so make sure to teleport out of trouble before it arrives.

Late late game: This is where you sometimes are getting involved with big team fights, so I find most games that last this long, I fill the 5/6th items with banshee's veil and one other survivability based item.

Xirus

11-24-2009

Could use some suggestions on runes, though I've updated the main thread.

Lycan Von Wolf

11-24-2009

This is what I do with twisted fate for the most part. I find that my teams are often unable to push towers worth a damn so This is a good build

Xirus

11-24-2009

Sweet, what runes are you using, King?