A Guide To Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Hobo Lord

07-02-2012

I. ALWAYS PUNISH

Here's your free IP!

JohnnyOmega

07-02-2012

Section XIII, Myth #6: "Posting on the Tribunal forums can get you unbanned."

DeathCrunch

Multiples

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobo Lord View Post
I. ALWAYS PUNISH

Here's your free IP!
This is the best method to be most likely to gain the most ip and correctly punish wrong-doers.

Source: Riot Games http://i.imgur.com/sfoDr.jpg

JohnnyOmega

07-03-2012

Personally I recommend skipping innocent and obscure cases if possible to punish as many guilty cases as possible.

This maximizes the potential reduction of "evil" players in your own games and maximizes the chance of punish spammers losing out on both ip and voting strength (the less guilty cases there are, the more likely that punish spammers will have errors pop up on their voting record and the more errors there are on a voting record, the less "weight points" the votes will count for).

Seth the Bum

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
Personally I recommend skipping innocent and obscure cases if possible to punish as many guilty cases as possible.
Wait, you're saying people should skip someone rather than pardon them? That doesn't seem right.

JohnnyOmega

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth the Bum View Post
Wait, you're saying people should skip someone rather than pardon them? That doesn't seem right.
It's the lesser of two evils in a way.

A skipped player doesn't get punished. We can pardon them later since they are not suffering now. Meanwhile, there are plenty of guilty violators whose cases must be resolved.

We each have a limited number of cases to look at.

If we finish the guilty players' cases as a priority over pardonable players then we reduce the percentage of violators currently playing by that much sooner than later.

Finish off the guilty cases THEN look at the cases to pardon.

If I stop to pardon a case, then the 16th case that is guilty might end up unpunished and allowed to continue violating the Code in my next game...or YOURS.

Remember - pardons only prevent cases from being punished, they don't remove current punishments so skipping does less harm than one might think.

A wrongfully accused person would be extremely unlikely to get more than a warning from the system, at which point they could submit a ticket to Riot Support to get their record expunged before it affects their gameplay access.

This slight inconvenience is far less than the ruined matches that 9+ other players must suffer due to the 16th case getting to play 1 or MORE matches than he/she would, had the pardonable case been skipped to punish the 16th case.

The 16th case that gets away is far worse than the 1 case that gets skipped.

JohnnyOmega

07-04-2012

Personally, I'd rather see the Riot staff make Pardons not count towards the limit of cases you can view per day, with a limit of Pardons you can dole out per day to prevent Pardon spammers from gunking up the system.

Maybe...

Up to 15 Punishes and up to 5 Pardons, with successful Pardons giving extra ip, and wrongful Punish applying an ip penalty, and a habit of wrongful results eventually (starting with just a simple reduction in voting value) resulting in a permanent suspension.

Seth the Bum

07-04-2012

I suppose that all makes sense for the people who vote on the maximum number of cases per day, but for people like me who just do Tribunal when I've got some free time but not enough for a game, if I've already examined a case and I feel it's not a bad one, I may as well just Pardon.

JohnnyOmega

07-04-2012

That's fine. The argument I make is mainly for people who do the max cases anyway.

The "full-timers" can rely on the casual voters to pick up on the pardon-worthy cases while they hunt down the guilty in the name of justice, liberty, and the Summoner's way.