ITT: Random Pro-tips by YOU!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skrag

11-08-2009

If you time it *just* right, you can teleport to a minion that is about to die. The minion will die, and you will still teleport, but without the telltale teleport shimmer that lets enemies know you're coming.

Shouri

11-08-2009

This isnt pro pro tip but
Shop Heal combo
Early game laning, or whenever. Get a quick shop heal in with double teleport. Port back to base get your couple items quickly and use your teleport to a nearby creep in your lane to not lose any time. I know it sound simple but not everyone abuses how useful this is and wastes teleport for a in vein gank

Evernight

11-09-2009

As Kayle in 2v2 and 3v3 fight wait to use your Ult on allies until they are below 25% health. This lures enemies into a false sense of security that they are going to be able to secure a kill - this will better ensure you and your ally that you are going to get the kill.

As Twisted Fate - start with Pick a Card - early Gold card whoring ruins lives - and mana shouldn't be a problem.

Bloodba7h

11-09-2009

PROTIP:

Don't play support champions in solo queue. You don't know how good your carries, tanks, or assassins actually are. Support champions absolutely require a decent team to work well and if you don't get that you've gimped your team even further.

Play carries/assassins/disabler-tanks in solo queue for greater chances of success.

Razr

11-09-2009

Protips:

1) While laning early game always be the one to pull back a little bit after each creep wave. This has two signifigant advantages to it. First, if your enemy has an AoE champ or two champs in your lane they're burning through your creeps as fast as they can respawn. This means that the creep line is coming closer to your turret, which early game can be essential for getting off an early game gank (especially as a disabler/stunner). Not only that but it forces your opponent to be defensive, allowing you to go on the assault with the turret on your side.

2) Boots. Boots, boots, boots, boots! Unless you know what you're doing or have a reason for going after another item get them first!

3) This directly relates to number 1: if you're laning against a stunner/disabler, DO NOT push their tower while they're up. You will get snared/stunned and take heavy damage to the turret if the creeps are cleared out.

4) Health potions > health regen items unless you're building up to an item and need one. Coming from a DPS standpoint a health potion restores a hefty chunk of health for the cost and while laning that can be as essential as boots to surviving a gank.

I hope these help, they're what I follow and it seems to work (in my abysmal ELO bracket of course )

Mizerable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodba7h View Post
PROTIP:

Don't play support champions in solo queue. You don't know how good your carries, tanks, or assassins actually are. Support champions absolutely require a decent team to work well and if you don't get that you've gimped your team even further.

Play carries/assassins/disabler-tanks in solo queue for greater chances of success.
One of the best I have seen yet. I have played soraka a few times in solo queue and MAN when your team sucks you can't do ****!

Pseudoscorpion

11-09-2009

Cho'Gath: If you're running an AP build, running Vorpal Spikes is a great way to quickly farm creeps, since you'll have a load of bonus damage being dealt to everyone.
Additionally, learn to anticipate your opponent's moves while you use rupture. Catch a glance of Eve or Shaco nearby? Drop a rupture at your feet when you think you're 'vulnerable'. Enemies chasing you? Drop a rupture just in front of you or on you to hit the enemies. Also, use your environment to your advantage. If an enemy is hugging their tower, throw a rupture directly on the tower. They won't have the visual cue of the ground ripples anymore - only the audio cue. Similarly, using rupture in brush or on top of other people's AoE is an excellent way of hitting people with it, since it's very difficult to see.

Warwick: Kill the dragon as often as possible. Your teammates will thank you for it.

Mylar

11-10-2009

Pirate pro tip...

Get at least one level of raise morale early on in the laning phase... when you are at character level 3 or 4 if possible.

In addition to it's normal uses for ganking and fleeing, the skill can be used to deny enemies cash.

I love using raise morale on my friendly siege creeps right before they die, enemy players get so pissey about losing the nice cash boost from them they will often flame me over /all or even make stupid rage mistakes allowing early kills.

Remember, if it is pissing off your enemy, it's probably a good thing to be doing... YARR!

Nylian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2009

While laning stand right next to the tall grass and start to blue pill. Make sure the enemy can see you BPing. Once the timer is almost done immediatly move to the grass. On their screen it'll look like the BP was successful.

Afterwards enemies typically make foolish mistakes that can get you early/midgame kills, thinking you're not there.

Steam Boat

11-10-2009

Zilean

Zilean's time bombs do NOT activate tower aggro when cast on an enemy champion, so it is safe to cast a time bomb next to a tower without incurring its wrath.

Oh yeah and be sure you put time bombs on your allies right before fight initiation or if they are being focus fired.