Proposal for a new ranked game feature against trolls/stubborn players.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryutaka

06-29-2012

Hello forums. I have an idea that I would like to see put into the game. Every now and then when I'm playing a ranked game, there's that one guy that's like "TOP OR I'M FEEDING" or they the guy that insta-locks a role that's already taken. These players bring down the whole team, and the only thing another player can do to prevent what will be a likely loss is to "dodge" or exit the game at the character select screen. This means that an innocent player is being penalized with a 30 minute "deserter debuff," when the player that is causing the problems should be penalized. My proposal to fix this is, at the character select screen, next to everyone's name, there should be a "Vote to kick" button. And if everyone agrees on the kick, (besides the person being kicked naturally) it should give the 30-minute debuff to the person who was kicked, not the innocent bystander. Then the rest of the team will be put back into the que. I think this sounds fair, and like a good idea. Anyone agree?

Arlunn

06-29-2012

This should only be applied in ranked. 4 Premade just to kick a INNOCENT player would not be pretty.

ageking

06-29-2012

yea, only in ranked, doesnt sounds too horrible or an idea... but im sure it not a perfect idea... perhaps limit the amount of times ppl can vote per hour or something... so ppl dont just all vote to kick to troll, 4 random trolls= ruin ur day even more then they would have

Ryutaka

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageking View Post
yea, only in ranked, doesnt sounds too horrible or an idea... but im sure it not a perfect idea... perhaps limit the amount of times ppl can vote per hour or something... so ppl dont just all vote to kick to troll, 4 random trolls= ruin ur day even more then they would have
Well if im in a group with 4 trolls i'd want to be kicked anyway. Lol but on a serious not, i find it very unlikely that 4 random people would all agree to kick 1 person for no reason/ just to troll

Ryutaka

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlunn View Post
This should only be applied in ranked. 4 Premade just to kick a INNOCENT player would not be pretty.
Yes, I that's why I titled the post "ranked game feature" lol

YokoDervenOmega

06-29-2012

i really like this idea a lot

although, then the trolls would only wait until after the game actually started to troll... kind of just prolonging the inevitable lol

NME Potato Zero

06-29-2012

but then General Azingy would always get kicked in queue

getdapumps

06-29-2012

This feature would make me so happy. Lot of issues of people trying to bully the system, until they get the role they want. Had someone say they wanted mid, we got a first pick Morg and they 3rd picked Leblanc saying, "I'm going mid if you don't like it leave."
I'm at the point I play 95% of my games on an EU smurf now to avoid the 1400 elo drama.

Phear

06-30-2012

There is one flaw with this. People can just joke around and kick other players for the fun of it and other "trolls" will join in to get that summoner penalized. This is very unlikely, but it's much better. Maybe if 4/5 of the players vote to return to lobby nobody gets penalized. But then again there are flaws with that.

copiousfish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

A solution to people abusing the system and kicking truly innocent players (like a four man premade trolling the random) would be to include kick occurrences in the tribunal. Let players vote on whether a kick was fair in the future and punish players for abusing the system.