[Discussion] Kayle

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grumm

11-06-2009

No one use Trinity? Its pretty good on Kayle.

cazoofoo

11-08-2009

meh... depend son how you play her you can pretty have almost anything you want on her

Lagunatic

11-08-2009

I have yet to try any hybrid (AP/Tank) builds with Kayle, however sticking to pure tanking has worked out for me. I adjust my build depending on the enemy setup to favor physical/magic/balanced tanking sets. With Reckoning/Righteous Fury and her attack speed aura, I can poke enemies heroes. If needed I can chase down most heroes with the Reckoning slow and Divine Blessing haste but not worry about dying to towers if my hp drops (Intervention). I find Kayle to be a great hero to assist in ganks with her attack speed aura, her ability to chase down heroes, and to save an ally's life.

Klinkin

11-08-2009

I wrote a guide on Kayle, focusing on a tank/support build. Item build looks like this:
Regrowth Pendant/Meki Pendant into Philosopher's Stone
Ninja Tabi
Soul Shroud
Warmog's Armor
After that, I decide what I need most.
Atma's Impaler gives loads of damage for pushing or carrying. If I need even more tankiness, I consider more HP/armor (especially Sunfire Cape) for physical teams and a Banshee's Veil for mage-based teams.

Jooma

11-09-2009

I'm going to write a guide later (at work right now), but I make Kayle - the Juggernaut.
My guide will go into more depth, but basically:
Boots of Swiftness, Atma Spear, Infinity Edge and 3 x warmogs. (I swap 1 for Force of Nature if other group is caster heavy).

What this does is creates a Kayle with crazy hp and hp regen that hits like truck. By end game I can solo T3 turrets while being slashed at by Katarina and completely ignore her.

You're also very fast so you get a lot of kills by just chasing someone down. You crit for about 700 50% of the time so chances, if someones fleeing with little life, you're gonna catch up, snare and then 1 shot them.

Mr Tibbers

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooma View Post
I'm going to write a guide later (at work right now), but I make Kayle - the Juggernaut.
My guide will go into more depth, but basically:
Boots of Swiftness, Atma Spear, Infinity Edge and 3 x warmogs. (I swap 1 for Force of Nature if other group is caster heavy).

What this does is creates a Kayle with crazy hp and hp regen that hits like truck. By end game I can solo T3 turrets while being slashed at by Katarina and completely ignore her.

You're also very fast so you get a lot of kills by just chasing someone down. You crit for about 700 50% of the time so chances, if someones fleeing with little life, you're gonna catch up, snare and then 1 shot them.
...how long are your games? Jesus, that's an expensive build.

Jooma

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tibbers View Post
...how long are your games? Jesus, that's an expensive build.
I've only ever got the full build once. Not sure how long the game was but it was very very long since we were more or less toying with them as they had 3 on their team trash talking.

but you have to do well at last hitting and don't flat out build the items linear. I get my 2 crit cloaks before I finish the Atma or the Infinity. It's very helpful for Kayle to get the crits because she's too consistent and predictable in a fight otherwise.

Most games I play with this build though end at around the 30-40 minute range due to surrenders. I usually have my first Warmogs(or Force of Nature), the boots, the Spear and the Infinity Edge and starting my next Warmogs. But this build gives you incredible staying power via hp and hp5. So you can afford to hover around the creeps and get the last hits for every one of them.

I see a lot of build for Kayle focus on mana. I never run out of mana and I don't have a single mana item. If you're getting low or getting ready for a push, go kill the Golem.

AFKray

11-09-2009

max CD reduction. Nuff said. If you ever wondered why high ELO players hate morganna, this is why his build rapes face. 27 second ultimate, around 5 or so second Q. Heal is on 6 seconds (meaning that's movement speed for 3 people) and Righteous fury has like a 5 second downtime tops, mebbe less.

Go with the frozen heart + nashor's route for all your cd reduction needs. from there I usually build into a warmongs /sunfury to atmas. If they are magic heavy I'll go GA instead of Mongs/Sunfury.

Kayle's strong points are her absurd movement speed with her W. The ability to switch to ranged (great for team fights to stay out of those aoe ults) and her best point, saving someone's ass. Most people who I see Kayle hold on her ult to save someone. See, I just find that the wrong way to go. Sure it's great saving someone, but it makes you wonder if that 6 seconds could have been better used. Here's what I mean. You got that melee carry on your team they like to burst down fast. Wait for the first spells/CC to begin to go off and pop the bubble. You negate a large portion of damage and potentially more if they are slow to switch targets. With a CD reduction build, your ult will probably be up a second time after the fight when everyone is low and people are getting picked off. This is just my personal experience with her, but going the DPS build is just....ehh. Her skills don't scale entirely too well through AP, but have great use so CD reduction is where it's at.

Saint Lee

02-08-2010

Hi guys,
I have been playing Kayle for a while now and after playing her with triforce+infinity edge, I created a new build, relying on the same item: Sheen.
You start with Saphire Crystal. When you have 820g you go back and buy sheen (play nice and safe, getting last hits and reckoning crazy champ)
Then, your game shall start. Use Sheen's proc as follow:
E->normal hit->Q->normal hit->W->normal hit->Q->normal hit etc...
If you managed it right you've just killed those 2 champs that stayed too much on the lane.
There is nothing stronger than a level 6 kayle with sheen (if the other champs are lvl 6~, that goes without saying)
Once you get that money, get Boots of Swiftness or Berseker. Let me stop a sec here: BoS are cool if you are confident and a bit skilled. Combine them with your ulti and you can get a kill that would have been suicidal to go for for any other champ and come back alive. Needless to say, you have to manage your tower-dives. The berserk boots on the other hands are useful, because kayle hits slowly without items. I just find that Movement Speed is a greater advantage on the enemy than a bit more attack speed, but that's a personal point of view.
At this point you have to make a choice: either you go for Trinity, either you go for pure AP destruction.
If you are confident and want to go for the Ultimate Angel of Fury do as follow: First buy a Mejai Soulstealer, you must fill it so go outside and kill! If you are not late, didn't feed and know your Kayle, Sheen+boots should be able to grant you a few kills between level 6 to 12.
Once you have Mejai, focus on building Lich's Bane.
Then it's your choice, depending on the way the game goes. If you get feeded and the game isnt that late you can go for a Rod of Ages.
If you're having trouble filling your Mejai, then aim for Zonhya's Ring.
If you're struggling then a
Nashor's Tooth is also an item you should consider buying at some point.

At the end you should have around 300 AP (or way more) and will do 600+ crits, Reckoning and Righteous Fury will be very, very deadly.
The worst thing that could happen is that you can't get that Mejai filled and can't gather all the money. Another sad thing, if you get a good start with this build, you'll probably won't see the end of it (/surrender).

I admit that it is a risky build but it is a very fun and surprising way to play Kayle. And compared to a DPS-oriented build has a similar outcome.

Here's my views on the matter, I'll be happy to read your comments now.

PS: Pardon my english, I'm french.

Aarugha

02-14-2010

So I've been toying w/ this build, based off about 4 diff threads I've read. It's big on hp (should break 4k w/ runes), maxes cd's (that seems to be her strongest feature - more so than her scaling from AP), and adds to her utility.

Tiamat - gives atk, hp/mana regen (not as high as P.Stone, but its a + to atk as well)

Boots - I just get the first boots at this point

Frozen Mallet - Helps to catch the fleeing champs, and give a nice boost to HP

Nashor's Tooth - atk speed, 25% CD, and a bit of AP

Sunfire Cape or Soul Shard - pick one then the other, depending on situation

When I get the SC or SS I'll save up my gold then sell my boots, buy the SC/SS, then work my BoS (I've also used BoM which helps me get around faster as I don't use teleport).

Again, this is something I'm playing w/ largely as a hybrid, support role that can take a beating.

1234567 ... 10