Racists on LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pk3dbym3

06-25-2012

wow bro im sorry, just ignore them, theyre most-likely spoiled little brats. dont appreciate nothing, stay strong man :3
- mexican-american

Soquette

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ømicron View Post
Maybe people are just too sensitive. I live on a very large army base in the U.S.; it's an extremely diverse place, what with people being stationed from all over the world. Over here though, "racist" comments like that are said ALL the time. Everyone is racist to everyone else, and no one cares at all, because we all know it's all in good humor. Before I came to the internet, I never even thought that anyone would get offended by things like that.

I guess it's totally possible that they really are racist too; but I would always assume that they were just joking from the start and let it go.
Racism is something common in the U.S. and they might take it a little bit better. I live in the U.S. for 3 years and lived in Chile, Argentina and Brazil for much more and i can tell you there´s no racism in those places, nothing at all so it offend us deeply (T^T). Xenophobia is in every country but just for the country's next to them.

McDerp

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonStomp View Post
Its as offensive as calling a Brazilian Mexican... maybe.

you are looking for 'guerro' just a bit more offensive
you mean guerrero. It follows after every HUE usually. Man, i hate feeding team-mates who don't communicate.

Danish Vikingz

06-25-2012

Yeah I'm sorry your are experiencing that kind of racism, it should result in a insta ban, for those who did it.

But I kind a feel where they are coming from, people are sick and tired of not being able to communicate with their team because of foreign languages and the be honest it is really rude, to be speaking in the in game chat in your own language( I could never dream of speaking Danish in the in game chat).

Just to be clear I'm not at all trying to justify their behavior, as it is unacceptable.

But as said, keep to English in the chat, it is rude and wrong to speak in your own language in the chat. As most people won't understand it and you could possibly be talking trash behind peoples back.

Racism is not tolerated and should be taking a lot more seriously than it is currently, but talking in an other language than English should also not be allowed in my opinion. As I see it you speak English perfectly fine, to be able to speak it in game also.

Blightcaller

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan R C Pierce View Post
Honestly, you shouldn't type in portuguese. You need to say it so every player on the team can see what you are saying... Since you clearly know English, why not just type what you are saying in English, so everyone can understand you?
I have to agree here. In game slightly less fast-paced and team oriented, I've gotten along with Brazilian players quite well, but in a game like LoL a team with a communication gap is basically dead. in the water.

To me, this is the primary issue, and it often aggravates me to no end. Is it irrational? Yeah. But it has a cause: I can hardly enjoy a team game when I can't make myself understood to my team.

Blightcaller

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluug View Post
1.- First and foremost, America is a continent, not a country.
2.- Brazil has lag issues. As most of SA, actually.
3.- LoL needs a SA server. The West EU Server is even more racist that NA, so its not an option.
4.- Don't generalize, there are some SA player that are pretty good, myself included.
5.- I laugh at them when they call me Mexican, when I am not even from there, and wonder if they even know that the country where I am from exists, since not many of them had geography classes apparently XD

Edit: Of course, basic english is mandatory.
1 - North America is a continent. South America is a continent. And America is what I like to call "shorthand" for United States of America. You know, where Americans are from? Other little abbreviations include the US and the USA, but if you call someone a Usaian, I'm pretty sure nobody will have any idea what you mean.

2 + 3 - I agree here.

4 - This is very true. For me, it's less the language and more team communication as a whole.

5 - Yeah... no excuse for this one. At least I can say I've been to Brazil (Iguazú Falls. Freakin' epic. Go if you can, people!), but then, I had family in Argentina, and they would have been slightly upset if I couldn't pick them out on a map. :P

X plicit 1

06-26-2012

if you're playing on the NA server with your main language selected as english, why then do you have to read chat from players speaking mandarin, portuguese, spanish, hindu etc etc?

PeacefulPanda

06-26-2012

Hey, I'm french and I play the the NA severs, I didn't witness a lot of what you described in the op, but I would be upset if it would to happen to me.

But the real problem is that you start speaking your native language in the game. And frankly it irritates me too ! How many times have I played with a team in which their were just two brazilian guy flooding the chat in their language, never calling mia, never communicating with the rest of the team. Even when you first ask to speak english they always respond with a simple "no" and keep on speaking Portuguese. This is what really pisses off people I think.

Take me as an example, I am french and I never speak another language than english while playing. Even when I play with a friend of mine ! It's just a question of respect for the team. We are on the NA servers, mostly played by english speakers, so please just make the effort to speak english during the game.

And again I'm against racism and I would repport people abusing others based on their nationality, but also on your side make the effort to respect other players by speaking the language that everyone uses in the chat (English).

FistOfChuckNoris

06-26-2012

Trolls are trolls. Im willing to bet a majority of racism you encountered was not actually racism as much as it was a troll trying to provoke a response from you. Especially the "Im American, I wont get banned, trolololololol" stuff. They are just trying to get a rise out of you, they might not even be American, they just know thats the easiest phrase to throw out and get a reaction.

I was in a game where a supposedly Canadian guy (said he was anyway) kept talking **** about all Americans, and how were all idiots and racist and such. Aside from pointing out the amusing irony of calling all people of a given nationality racist, I didnt even comment to him.

Just sit back and be entertained. Either the guy is a troll and you will only make him happy by getting emotional, or he really is stupid enough to believe the nonsense coming from his mouth. Either way you getting mad isnt going to help. Dont let it get to you, either hes trying to provoke you or hes a moron who wont be corrected. Most likely hes a 12 year old who is in love with himself and thinks hes the funniest thing ever.

TLDR- ignore the trolls and enjoy the game

Artanog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

How to not get racially insulted:

1. Speak English on English servers.