Racists on LoL

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoonStomp

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizzlepeez View Post
Gringo isnt an offensive term lol its a name for americans and it came from the fact we used to have soldiers in mexico and they asked the "green" to "go" and it became gringo, its just a term
Its as offensive as calling a Brazilian Mexican... maybe.

you are looking for 'guerro' just a bit more offensive

Diomedes314

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

Life would be much better if we had a server for spanish speakers. (But please, do not change the items names, they are just horrible in spanish)

MoonStomp

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizzlepeez View Post
Gringo isnt an offensive term lol its a name for americans and it came from the fact we used to have soldiers in mexico and they asked the "green" to "go" and it became gringo, its just a term
More fuel for the fire. "Negro" means black so why are most blacks offended by this term?

Nothing racist about it.

SaucyPiglet

06-25-2012

SA people call me a puto all the time.

viewtyjoe

06-25-2012

I honestly don't get all the hating. Seriously, as long as you ask, or are humorous about it (I ended up on a team with a 4-man Indonesian premade, that was confusing to see the chatter on), the majority of players I've seen speak English well enough to communicate for the purposes of LoL. There are just as many, if not possibly more, bad/dumb American players, so the casual racism always bugs me, and I do report people who use offensive terms on a regular basis when someone goes ballistic about someone not speaking English. That said, if you come into a game with a primarily English-speaking population, it is vital that you know enough English to understand and communicate with your team, so if I end up in a match with someone who refuses to use English, they will probably end up reported for not communicating.

Ømicron

06-25-2012

Maybe people are just too sensitive. I live on a very large army base in the U.S.; it's an extremely diverse place, what with people being stationed from all over the world. Over here though, "racist" comments like that are said ALL the time. Everyone is racist to everyone else, and no one cares at all, because we all know it's all in good humor. Before I came to the internet, I never even thought that anyone would get offended by things like that.

I guess it's totally possible that they really are racist too; but I would always assume that they were just joking from the start and let it go.

mrdj304

06-25-2012

It isn't really racism. Its that you don't speak english.
They need a SA server

in00btehpwns

06-25-2012

I try not to be racist towards Brazillians. I don't particulary like when I have to deal with the ones that refuse to speak English or that insult my playing in Portugese. It helps to just speak English, rather than speak Portugese.

If players are being racist, you can just /mute them. That's really the only solution, sadly.

SICK N NERVOUS

06-25-2012

lol, how do you know that i dont speak english? they reported me just because i am brazilian.

I'm not an expert on the American language, but I know enough to talk to you. I really think you need a Brazilian server, but want to deprive us of playing in NA server is prejudice, cause you want to separate the people only because their living places.

We are like everyone else, we do need a brazilian server, but we have the right to play in the NA server too. I think that we are players like you, but we are also customers of riot, we spend our money in this server. So, why can't we play in the NA servers? lol

Edit: In relation to what said mrdj304

Felintus

06-25-2012

Doesn't matter where you're from, it's just a language thing. Frustrating to play with people in the NA server that don't speak some form of English is all. No need to be a **** towards them, though.

12345612 ... 22